Jurassic Park Collectible Thread (JP, TLW:JP, JPIII, JW, JW:FK)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
16th is when line is going out SP. Idk if the Colossal will be day one on market. I sure hope so...

Yeah, I picked up a bunch of Legacy stuff (Extreme Chompin', the Jeep and the figures) yesterday as well. It was late in the afternoon but the pegs appeared untouched so I had my pick of the litter.

For what it's worth, it looks like Sattler is shortpacked (I saw three Grants, two Muldoons and an Ellie) so if you're at all worried about being able to find her, you might want to get out there while the gettin' is good. That said, there were a couple Colossals on the shelf and plenty of multipacks, etc. to be had; It shouldn't be too difficult to grab what you want throughout the summer.

I saw a bunch of these figures at Target today. Didn't try to buy any.

anigif_enhanced-18191-1414453967-1.gif

Check Target guys, they put all their figures out yesterday.

Went to the closest of the two Targets in my town yesterday evening and zippo. Might try the second one today.

If all else fails, I can always hit the stores at 8am on Monday.

EDIT: Yep. Nothing out early in my neck of the woods.

Last edited:
I just want to collect the figures and dinos, do a couple repaints and dioramas and presto! I'm set.

Why do people think Colossal won’t be out Monday, I’ve seen people getting it on social media. My only question is will Walmart have the regular or just their exclusive BD version, small detail but if I’m going to do a major repaint, then I don’t want the battery/audio hatch, at least the one to take eaten figure’s out is fairly well hidden.

Why do people think Colossal won’t be out Monday, I’ve seen people getting it on social media. My only question is will Walmart have the regular or just their exclusive BD version, small detail but if I’m going to do a major repaint, then I don’t want the battery/audio hatch, at least the one to take eaten figure’s out is fairly well hidden.

I'd be surprised if Walmart carried both. Seems inefficient to ship and shelve.

The Toys R Us Express near me had the Roarivores. This time I didn't skip them and decided to pick up the Baryonx and Allosaurus.

I would think the giant T-Rex should be available when these are released on Monday. The Target I went to that had released some of the figures had a big space for it and the Mososaurus, but they didn't put those two on the shelf yet.

All I've been seeing at my local Walmarts and Targets are several empty peg spaces (either without tags or with tags for old items) and an unusual amount of stuff on clearance. I can only assume the sales are to make room for Monday's product.

From what I read Walmart will only have the battle damaged SC Rex.

Most people that got them early said Target only received one SC Rex per store.

My Target got one SC Rex, only two Jeeps, and for the humans, it was 3 Grant, 2 Muldoon, 1 Sattler per store.

As for the rest, I can't help, as I wasn't interested in anything else and didn't ask.

Stopped by my local Walmart today and didn’t have anything out or even space, decided to lessen my hassle and went on Walmart.com, just ordered colossal with local delivery.

BD version is out of stock already, doesn’t bother me but found it interesting, also BD is listed as $49.99 and regular Colossal at $54.99.

Folks may want to consider online preorder, I just did target for store pickup, my locals only had like 2-3 of the Chomping Rex and the pack with Grant, Raptors and Dilophosaurus, doubt they’d be around by my lunch break if I waited. Who knows how limited this stuff will be, but I fear scalping being a problem.

My Walmart was pretty stocked. Several small figures, a couple vehicles, one of each Roarivore, two Carnos and Stegs, two Thrashers, two exclusive EC Rex sets, and one BD SC.

What hit me almost immediately about the SC was the difference in sculpt resolution between the head/legs and body -- the body details are extremely soft in comparison. It's very obviously blown up from a smaller sculpt, with different parts to different degrees.

EC looks better in person than I thought. Thrasher is nice too, but the two they had both had scrapes or noticeable seams where the body halves weren't attached flush.

Target I ordered from hadn’t even stocked shelves yet, I looked to see if there was anything else of interest, got my order for now, one Rex and 5-pack for me, one Rex for my son.

EC Rex appears to be 2 per case.

0088F9CC-C438-458D-9661-7FC4C6B1A56E.jpg

274ACCF8-4E60-496C-9FD4-AB5F29C79D53.jpg

85FCACED-43D6-4353-94E4-BBDEB671C3EE.jpeg

I know some purists are going to take issue with the exaggerated sizes of feet on these figures, but as someone who's had issues with past JP toys standing on their own, I'm ok with it as I feel it will ensure stability over time, and I think it's subtle enough not to look ridiculous, just obvious enough to know something has been done.

Last edited:
2018jeep29.jpg

Wonder when and where this will hit. The Legacy Jeep is nice, but it uses stickers for the lights and placement is inconsistent. :lol Had to remove and reapply a couple of them since they were so off. I have to imagine the die-cast version will be higher quality as it already sports more details and better materials.

Back