Premium Format Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Joker PF (updates first post)

You actually had to think about it. :dunno I ordered it the second I got home. Gotta have this grail in my collection (I'm a DC fan, so it's a necessity for me to have this piece). With NRD you almost won't get a second chance on it.

Yes, I did have to think it over. Space is an issue in my home and I collect more 1/6 than I do statues, plus finances come into play with so much coming out down the road near the same time. Having the 89 HT releases took priority over this, and the EX head didn't impress me (yet).

Regardless, I do love the look of this PF and like you said, I didn't want to be in a position of trying to hunt 1 down in the future. Glad I changed my mind :D

Yes, I did have to think it over. Space is an issue in my home and I collect more 1/6 than I do statues, plus finances come into play with so much coming out down the road near the same time. Having the 89 HT releases took priority over this, and the EX head didn't impress me (yet).

Regardless, I do love the look of this PF and like you said, I didn't want to be in a position of trying to hunt 1 down in the future. Glad I changed my mind :D

Smart. The Ex will start selling over retail on the bay before it's released. This will be a much sought after piece.

this statue REALLY needed a print..

its the ONLY time where I've demanded a print.

Seems like a waste. The EX is still cool but it would be so much betta.

you guys should really just order what you like and focus less on ES numbers.

sane advice, too bad nobody ever follows that logic

When you are paying close to $400 shipped with tax you want something that will retain value. If there are tons of them they will be like comic books from the 90's (worthless). If thats the case why not wait for it to come out so you can pick it up for 250-300? Thats why I like low ES. If I ever want to sell it I wont take a lose.

This is a whole new line that's been requested for a long time and some people want to get in on the ground floor. They want to go back in time a relive the stuff some of us remember like the Doom PF, Grey Hulk PF, etc.

Sideshow will cash in as much as possible. The ES will be high.

There is logic in that, there is also a possibility that they may make this limited to bring more hype to the line, the more people are going crazy on the after market, driving the price to crazy highs to get this, the more interest they'll bring to the whole line at least in the beginning.

i'm sure that if they make it a 500 they could sell 1500+ reg.

they could sell 1500+ anyways since it's such an awesome piece IMHO.

thats a huge assumption to make that everything you buy especially from sideshow has to appreciate in value. those are one of the perks, but if its the only consideration you have in making the purchase.. it may prove to be an expensive mistake since these "investments" entail a bit of risk otherwise its riskless profit, which seldomly ever exists in an efficient free market.

i can understand they are expensive but statistically speaking, only a select few obtain "grail" status, and its only worth how much someone else values it for and is willing to pay. SSC will set whatever ES they want so long as they ensure they can continue making more pieces. it is a business, and personally Ive noticed with all collecting, its much more enjoyable to focus on what you like as opposed to what you can sell it for in the future.

you guys should really just order what you like and focus less on ES numbers.

One reason to worry about ES is for resale value, even if you're not a seller is nice to know that you can get your money back for sure if you have to part with the piece. Also as a collector you'd like to know that you own rare really hard to find for close to retail pieces, why? dont know, just feels good. :)

There is logic in that, there is also a possibility that they may make this limited to bring more hype to the line, the more people are going crazy on the after market, driving the price to crazy highs to get this, the more interest they'll bring to the whole line at least in the beginning.

i'm sure that if they make it a 500 they could sell 1500+ reg.

they could sell 1500+ anyways since it's such an awesome piece IMHO.

I think that was Old Sideshow. Back then they would do Negative Zone Spideys, Classic Spideys and Grey Hulk Vs Spidey pieces to add some hype.

Now that they are established and huge there is no need for that. They usually make plenty of the popular pieces to maximize sales. It's White Elektra comiquettes, faux bronze dios and Universal Monster monochromatic dios for limited pieces now.

this statue REALLY needed a print..

its the ONLY time where I've demanded a print.

Seems like a waste. The EX is still cool but it would be so much betta.

Well i gotta admit , i was hoping they would do what they did with rogue pf and give us a extra head and a print as the exclusive.:pray:

Not meant to be.....

A cool piece of joker art would have been very nice .

I think that was Old Sideshow. Back then they would do Negative Zone Spideys, Classic Spideys and Grey Hulk Vs Spidey pieces to add some hype.

Now that they are established and huge there is no need for that. They usually make plenty of the popular pieces to maximize sales. It's White Elektra comiquettes, faux bronze dios and Universal Monster monochromatic dios for limited pieces now.

well that may be, i've been out for a long time...

I can't believe this hasn't sold out already. I thought this one would be more popular than Rouge. :dunno

Well it isn't SideShow is trying to sort out the orders and Wait List orders to give us the ES.:mad:

Hey guys,

Quick question with this being my first PF & my first statue full stop with real cloth clothing I'm just curios on what's the best way to keep dust off the cloth?

This will be standing on top of my Detolf as it's going to be too big to go on the shelves & I'm worried about ruining the fabric with dust.

So how do you keep yours looking fresh??

Thanks in advance

Neil

Back