Premium Format Joker

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Joker PF (updates first post)

Because SideShow is cheap,a PF cost then less than $100 to make.

It probably costs less than $50. I wouldn't be surprised if it cost less than $25.
Hourly wages in China= 8.5-14 Yuan. 10 Yuan= $1.57 per hour. How many hours do you think it takes to paint a PF? 9-10? $15.70 labor. How much do the materials cost? $3? Maybe $5? The rest is shipping and licensing.

I would really like to know how much it actually costs to make a PF, and what the profit margin on it is compared to a TV or a car, or an action figure, or on a house after it is built. Something tells me it is a really high margin, so SS will not be publicizing actual costs and comparisons.

Last edited:

It probably costs less than $50. I wouldn't be surprised if it cost less than $25.
Hourly wages in China= 8.5-14 Yuan. 10 Yuan= $1.57 per hour. How many hours do you think it takes to paint a PF? 9-10? $15.70 labor. How much do the materials cost? $3? Maybe $5? The rest is shipping and licensing.

:monkey3 :cuckoo: :monkey1 ..........QC :(

I would really like to know how much it actually costs to make a PF, and what the profit margin on it is compared to a TV or a car, or an action figure, or on a house after it is built. Something tells me it is a really high margin, so SS will not be publicizing actual costs and comparisons.

I think there would be alot of $ spent in R and D, paying sculptors, concept artists, creative directors, the girl who answers the phones and everyone in between before Sideshow sees dollar number one from a statue.

If your argument is 'All it takes to make a PF is clay and fabric and Chinese feller' then you are an economic retard.

I think there would be alot of $ spent in R and D, paying sculptors, concept artists, creative directors, the girl who answers the phones and everyone in between before Sideshow sees dollar number one from a statue.

If your argument is 'All it takes to make a PF is clay and fabric and Chinese feller' then you are an economic retard.

Ha ha. That is just plain funny right there. :rotfl Chinese feller eh?:monkey1

Oh it's true man. I've seen this argument before; 'Sideshow are price gouging man! All it costs to make something is materials and some guy in China to paint it.' it's complete BS. If thats the case I'll take a lump of clay that I fashioned in to a statue of Thor(it could be confused for a huge pile of ____ but wotevs) round to my Chinese friend's house and get him to paint it! Then he can make a t-shirt for it out of a sock (costs the same as the material used for regular PFs right?) and I'll slap a $400 dollar price tag on it! People will be lining up to buy it! Sideshow'll be outta business within days! Days I tell you!

Picture of my PF that I made for like $23.75. I know people tend to freak out about early pictures but dont worry guys once you have this guy in hand he is a beast!

35ldvex.jpg

Last edited:

So the newsletter has the joker PF regular coming in 30 days
But no info on the EX ? How is it that the regular would ship out first , is that normal ?

Back