Premium Format Joker PF v2

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All opinions obviously, but I think they're both just excellent. I wasn't planning on getting either...now I'm getting both. Damn this hobby.

both the joker heads sculpts are excellent. Not sure I love the concept with him on the bike but the statue is well done.

The base on the Joker appears to be a Jack N the Box contraption

I do wish they would stick to cloth outfit for “premium format” figures. That was the gimmick of the line - cloth clothes on a statue. Now they just use it interchangeabley with fully sculpted statues. :dunno

The base on the Joker appears to be a Jack N the Box contraption

Someone said earlier that it was more of a pogo stick? Those don’t usually have seats so you may be on to something.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do wish they would stick to cloth outfit for “premium format” figures. That was the gimmick of the line - cloth clothes on a statue. Now they just use it interchangeabley with fully sculpted statues. :dunno

Completely disagree. IMO, they need to do away with fabric and go for fully sculpted pieces. Fabric looks cheap and is much harder to keep clean and dust free over a fully sculpted piece.

Completely disagree. IMO, they need to do away with fabric and go for fully sculpted pieces. Fabric looks cheap and is much harder to keep clean and dust free over a fully sculpted piece.

I think it depends on the piece and just how good of a job Sideshow does with it. Perfect example is the new Red Sonja. I absolutely LOVE the EX cloth War Banner Cloak. I think the statue looks much nicer with it and it just wouldn't have been the same if had been sculpted.

red-sonja-premium-format-figure-sideshow-3005291-02.jpg

Then there are statues like Modern Batman, where having a sculpted cape was definitely the way to go. So again, IMO it really depends on the piece and just how good of a job Sideshow does with it. So I for one hope they keep releasing both and decide which way to go based on what looks best. With some statues that will be going fully sculpted and with others it will mean using fabric.

Yeah, some look fine like the Sonja you mentioned, as well as the Court of the Dead pieces. But, on the more comic-y looking DC and Marvel pieces, it just looks like crap (especially if we're talking cloth body suits like the original Batman and Superman). A great example of that is the Magneto PF, er I mean "maquette." A fully sculpted light-weight cape would have made the piece exponentially better.

Yeah, some look fine like the Sonja you mentioned, as well as the Court of the Dead pieces. But, on the more comic-y looking DC and Marvel pieces, it just looks like crap (especially if we're talking cloth body suits like the original Batman and Superman). A great example of that is the Magneto PF, er I mean "maquette." A fully sculpted light-weight cape would have made the piece exponentially better.

Just out of curiosity, do you like the Abbey Chase statue as that statue has fabric pants.

danger-girl-abbey-chase-premium-format-figure-sideshow-300547-02.jpg

Just out of curiosity, do you like the Abbey Chase statue as that statue has fabric pants.

View attachment 393737

I don't mind the pants on her. However, I do believe it's unnecessary. They're skin tight pants that could have easily been done as fully sculpted/painted, which like I said before is easier maintenance. I used to not mind fabric so much, but after the Huntress cape fiasco (even my replacement cape after months of waiting had bleed), I've lost virtually all interest in fabric.

Harley with belt doesnt look right. I'm guessing the exclusive items are unmasked harley and joker with the shorter hair? I quite like the joker as it is very dynamic, however I would prefer fabric outfits personally

dont care at all for either. i like that SS is willing to take some risks with the art design but its just not for me. creepy baby pogostick creeps me out. that face is a little similar to the baby face in the movie happy death day

I don't mind the pants on her. However, I do believe it's unnecessary. They're skin tight pants that could have easily been done as fully sculpted/painted, which like I said before is easier maintenance. I used to not mind fabric so much, but after the Huntress cape fiasco (even my replacement cape after months of waiting had bleed), I've lost virtually all interest in fabric.

Yeah, I can understand how bad experiences can change people's mind on certain things. I wasn't aware people were having issues with the replacement Huntress cape. My replacement didn't have any bleeding. Did you contact Sideshow regarding the bleeding on the replacement?

dont care at all for either. i like that SS is willing to take some risks with the art design but its just not for me. creepy baby pogostick creeps me out. that face is a little similar to the baby face in the movie happy death day

Agreed. The quality looks really nice, but the overall style of these pieces are just not for me.

Hmm I am now conflicted between this Joker and the Tweeterhead one. Different scales and obviously MUCH different price but the fact they are dragging their feet with their Batman might make me dip into these.

Back