Joebizz34's 1/6 Star Wars Customs-*Update-Hoth Luke!* )

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joebizz34

Super Freak
Reaction score
Back in the days when there was only Hasbro 1/6 Star Wars figures the only choice one had to have better ones was to do it yourself. So that's what I did. Here are some pictures attached of the first few I did several years ago.

The one thing Hasbro got right was the outfits. Sometimes it was just a matter of swapping things around to get it screen accurate. For example, Hoth Han and Hoth Luke both had each others screen accurate colored scarves. I just had to swap them. For all my Luke customs I did, I always used the head sculpt from the ROTJ Luke. That was the only one that resembled him. For Han, the head to always use was from the Frozen In Carbinate Han figure. Along with switching the bodies out and repainting the heads, you could actually have a really decent figure after that. if you want to see more of my photos check out my photo album. Thanks for looking.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/members/joebizz34/albums/my-customs/

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Re: My 1/6 Hasbro Star Wars customs

welcome joebizz and thanks for sharing your amazing work. There are lots of people here still doing great things with the old hasbro stuff. Look forward to seeing more of your work round here!

Top bannana mate and it just goes to show you can make a silk purse out of a sows ear. Top work and would love more!

Thanks everyone. I really enjoy the hobby and it goes to show you that with a little creatvitiy you can improve what's there. The clothing that Hasbro put out was rarely the issue with the figure. It was mainly the body and sometimes switching items around from one figure to the next. This type of thing happened a lot with this line of figures. It was almost like going on a treasure hunt and finding the hidden secrets. LOL Here's one I did from the Hasbro Tusken Raider. Once again, a new body and repainting went a long way.

picture.php

Last edited:

Not bad ! Know anyone who can make custom outfits ? I need a tailor for my 1/6th figure !
JERMS !!

Not bad ! Know anyone who can make custom outfits ? I need a tailor for my 1/6th figure !
JERMS !!

Thanks man. There's one guy on here named Kato that is working on a custom 1/6 Joker outfit. I hear it is going to be pretty high end quality. You can try contacting him. I'm sure there are others on here but I don't know any specifically other than that.

Here's some of my X-Wing Luke that I turned into his Hoth X-Wing outfit from Empire.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I have a seperate thread for this one, but it was Hasbro so I will throw him in here too. This is the special edition they did of Boba Fett. This is not the one that originally came out with the others but a few years later. They had one with this color jumpsuit and another verison with a "too blue" colored jumpsuit. I hollowed out his head and placed it on an actual doll head along with putting the entire outfit and a better more articulate body.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Nice work, great repaints. Hasbro can be turned into something worth while with a little work. :rock

Nice work, great repaints. Hasbro can be turned into something worth while with a little work. :rock

Thanks man. Yes they had gems hidden in there. Sometimes more hidden than others but they were there. :)

I'm friends with this member who made these and I have seen them in person at his house. They look better in person then the pics show. I have bugged him forever to let me buy a couple off him and he won't budge. :lol

Great work Ron.

I really like your X-wing Luke and Boba, nice works.

And in my opinion, Bespin Han has small hands and little big head...for me he looks like some goon...try use SS parts...

Last edited:

great work joe..................but have you ever thought of upgrading the headsculpts of han & luke with the sideshow sculpts?

I really like your X-wing Luke and Boba, nice works.

And in my opinion, Bespin Han has small hands and little big head...for me he looks like some goon...try use SS parts...

great work joe..................but have you ever thought of upgrading the headsculpts of han & luke with the sideshow sculpts?

I have thought of that. I'm actually holding out for sculpts that may be even better then the SS. I think they have some issues too but I do agree that the Hasbro heads look bigger especially on the Bespin Han. For it's time, that was all I had to work with.

I've been working on mostly horror customs as of late, but I may get back to these real soon.

Back