Joebizz34's 1/6 Star Wars Customs-*Update-Hoth Luke!* )

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Better?

11188229_460946787416731_5309637122361547436_n.jpg

11140111_460947794083297_5655072040771569003_n.jpg

Great vid! Those hoth figures look really nice but i'm not a fan of either headsculpts. Love your snow weathering,very inspiring:)

Thanks man. I hear you about the sculpts. I think they came out a lot better then people were expecting from SS so that's why they have received a good response. I don't think they are perfect but at least the likeness is there. I think Hoth Luke is better than Han though.

Thanks man. I hear you about the sculpts. I think they came out a lot better then people were expecting from SS so that's why they have received a good response. I don't think they are perfect but at least the likeness is there. I think Hoth Luke is better than Han though.

Your BD Luke is looking nice now. I too am not a huge fan of the hatted Han sculpt. I'm trying to love it every time I look at it. Unhatted Han is very nice though. The Luke is pretty great - both hatted and unhatted but I do think the paint apps let all of the sculpts down. Too dark complexion, not enough gradation, paint a little too thick, diminishing the sculpt detail. HT has a really complex mix of paint shades whereas these SSC heads are pretty uniform. It's unfortunate because these new SSC Lukes are a great likeness, better than the non-BD HT Luke, and the Han (when it's not distorted into puffy-eskimo-guy by the hat and glued backer plate that is) is pretty nice too.

Your BD Luke is looking nice now. I too am not a huge fan of the hatted Han sculpt. I'm trying to love it every time I look at it. Unhatted Han is very nice though. The Luke is pretty great - both hatted and unhatted but I do think the paint apps let all of the sculpts down. Too dark complexion, not enough gradation, paint a little too thick, diminishing the sculpt detail. HT has a really complex mix of paint shades whereas these SSC heads are pretty uniform. It's unfortunate because these new SSC Lukes are a great likeness, better than the non-BD HT Luke, and the Han (when it's not distorted into puffy-eskimo-guy by the hat and glued backer plate that is) is pretty nice too.

:goodpost: 100% agree and thanks for the feedback on my repaint of BD Luke.

Back