JND Studios: Superman (Christopher Reeve) 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im excited to see these "significant" changes to the CR portrait. I won't be mad if JND starts sending out final invoices but I doubt production pieces are ready, especially if they've tweaked the portrait and doing a mini re-launch. I wanna say this statue will start shipping late Q3 into early Q4.

About the re-launch, fingers crossed JND will allow me to change my order from the single to the dual version🤞.

It would make sense to do just that IMO. I'd definitely be interested in seeing their 1/3 statues being scaled down down to 1/6 figures.
I also feel like, while the silicone skin and Joker’s craned neck seemed kind of corny in their first video/tech demo, the technology is PERFECT for Superman and flying poses.

Get ready for this. Daniel just announced on the JND Studios Youtube update video #25 that the Reeve Superman portrait has undergone some "Significant changes" and they are doing a mini product "re-launch" next week to showcase it and let people on the wait list (or new customers) have a chance at getting it. Can't wait to see what they've done to it and hopefully it's as good as Clark now. Let's hope that Indiana Jones goes through the same upgrade!
Yea, even though I liked the Superman part enough to order the dual set, there's no question that the Clark part was the real show stopper. Though, the fact that they were able to make Superman's suit look almost like actual fabric through sculpting is also pretty amazing which was something else I was impressed with on the set.

And yes! hopefully they do update Indy as well! If they do, I may be PMing you on how you went to contact everyone you did in order to get the custom bits to make it more Raiders looking.

Im excited to see these "significant" changes to the CR portrait. I won't be mad if JND starts sending out final invoices but I doubt production pieces are ready, especially if they've tweaked the portrait and doing a mini re-launch. I wanna say this statue will start shipping late Q3 into early Q4.

About the re-launch, fingers crossed JND will allow me to change my order from the single to the dual version🤞.
I think they allowed ppl to switch their orders between black and blue suit JL superman before they sold out; so, with orders reopening, I would think they would allow you to make the switch. I would just be ready to send the email almost as soon as the launch happens b/c who knows how many they will have available.

Last edited:
I am terrified of the prospect of a Reeve Superman statue that’s as good as that Clark Kent…

I’ve never owned anything at this price point or this scale, but if anything would ever tempt me, it’s this. The Clark Kent is already flawless and if I was JND, if they kill it with Superman like they did his alter ego, I would waste zero time in scaling everything down to 1/6th and beating InArt and HT to the punch.
JND's 1/6 figures are way too pricey in comparison to InArt and HT. Their Joker and Bruce Wayne are like double of what HT would ask for. InArt is right in the middle, but they are slow in their releases. I'm not sure if HT has a Reeve on the horizon. I would go for InArt, but then again they're slow.

Looking forward to seeing the new sculpt, but I wasn't really feeling the pose, fully sculpted outfit, or drab looking colors on this anyway, so will likely still pass.

I can only hope P1/Blitzway tackles a Reeve Superman someday.

Looking forward to seeing the new sculpt, but I wasn't really feeling the pose, fully sculpted outfit, or drab looking colors on this anyway, so will likely still pass.

this is a given i think, just a matter of time. They do a 1/3 and 1/2 Bat Keaton after all.

But won't a Prime1/Blitzway be sculpted costume too? Honestly, I think the sculpted costume detail is astonishingly good and I totally agree with Kojun that real fabric gives away the fact that it's not 1/1.

I have have a hunch anyone who is expecting an entirely new headsculpt is going to be in for a big disappointment.
What is more likely is they will simply make the necessary adjustments to what they already have.

Funny, but I've been starting to contemplate trying to get my duo switched to a single.
The Clark is crazy good, but I don't have the room to display a 24" wide base. Nor do I have the space for the box this beast will come in.

OTOH, the two together, once they nail down certain proportions on the Superman HS, make this an epic set of figures. This probably won't be the last Reeve Supes I'll see in my lifetime, but it could certainly be the last Reeve Kent. Especially one that is done anywhere near this level. And his performance as CK was just as iconic and singular as his take on the MOS.

It's a tough purchase to justify in multiple ways. But if anything was worth making the effort for, it would be this for me.

Decisions, decisions.

But won't a Prime1/Blitzway be sculpted costume too? Honestly, I think the sculpted costume detail is astonishingly good and I totally agree with Kojun that real fabric gives away the fact that it's not 1/1.
Yeah the costume is beautifully sculpted, but it still seems an odd fit to me with the silicone head, and for 2K I would kind of expect to see a fabric outfit. Especially since it's not exactly the most complicated superhero outfit in the world.

And even Sideshow managed it (for the most part) with their $600 PF.

Hmm... not sure about it yet. Maybe I'm too used to the original proto at this point 🤔 Not liking that it appears that they removed the ever so slight smirk that the original Superman portrait had.

ReeveSupsComp.jpg

Hmm... not sure about it yet. Maybe I'm too used to the original proto at this point 🤔 Not liking that it appears that they removed the ever so slight smirk that the original Superman portrait had.

View attachment 700234
I guess we will see. However the proportions are a lot better on the face. We will se how it looks soon. I don't have a problem with the mouth. Yeah smiling is a good option but he is serious like that too lots of times in the first 2 movies.

I guess we will see. However the proportions are a lot better on the face. We will se how it looks soon. I don't have a problem with the mouth. Yeah smiling is a good option but he is serious like that too lots of times in the first 2 movies.
For sure. And, in all honesty, the Superman portrait being more serious is a good contrast to the already smirking Clark Kent one. I'm more than sure I'll still like it. Like you said, the proportions look better as well as the neck appearing to be thicker which are all good improvements over the original.

Looks like the smirk was removed kind of... The neck has been widened and a stronger or more defined jaw line. So far so good. Now we just have to see those eyes and the hair volume.
Original proto top, revised is bottom.
1000003405.jpg
1000003404.jpg

Also I know they're doing a "soft" re-launch but i dont think teasers are warranted for this. Just show the damn thing.

Last edited:
Looks like the smirk was removed kind of... The neck has been widened and a stronger or more defined jaw line. So far so good. Now we just have to see those eyes and the hair volume.
Original proto top, revised is bottom.
View attachment 700308View attachment 700309

Also I know they're doing a "soft" re-launch but i dont think teasers are warranted for this. Just show the damn thing.

I don't know too much about Reeves Supes but it's looking pretty good to me.

ogUTzgb.png

I think they might have been better off going for his S2 look, where he was a lot beefier and his face was more square looking. His thinner face in the first movie always seems to be a trickier one for sculptors to pull off.

Also I know they're doing a "soft" re-launch but I don't think teasers are warranted for this. Just show the damn thing.
I agree. This isn't a whole new statue. Just an updated headsculpt- so this teaser business is a little annoying this time around. Even though it's titled "Teaser #1," I really hope they don't follow their typical 3 teasers then full video roll out for this. Isn't it supposed to be fully revealed this week?

Last edited:
They mention updated portrait AND proportions, so it will be interesting to see if they've changed some proportions on the body. Roll on Thursday 2nd!

Back