JND Studios: Oldboy - Oh Dae-su 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoo

Super Freak
Reaction score
Niek Spruijt said:
Dae-su Oh 🇰🇷

9hpOJK5.jpg

Looks great so far, nice to see another pose other than standing (or hovering)

One of their best pieces yet I would say. No interest in this and never seen the movie but looks great. Seems to have a bit of John Wick vibe by the clips in the video. I'm guessing John Wick took some from this movie? Also, odd that the head of the hammer isn't pointing down unless there's a reason for that

One of their best pieces yet I would say. No interest in this and never seen the movie but looks great. Seems to have a bit of John Wick vibe by the clips in the video. I'm guessing John Wick took some from this movie? Also, odd that the head of the hammer isn't pointing down unless there's a reason for that
Awesome, messed up psychological thriller that is definitely worth the watch, but the statue and clips shown are from one of the only (albeit all-timer) action scenes in the movie. Highly recommend going in knowing as little as possible, but you’d be disappointed if you watch expecting a John Wick.

Awesome, messed up psychological thriller that is definitely worth the watch, but the statue and clips shown are from one of the only (albeit all-timer) action scenes in the movie. Highly recommend going in knowing as little as possible, but you’d be disappointed if you watch expecting a John Wick.
I appreciate your thoughts on it. I honestly won't be watching it. I never had a desire to in the past and can't see myself watching it now. I wouldn't go in expecting John Wick really, it just seems there are certain aspects that corelate between the two.

I only became aware of this film due to this forum and the customs I've seen ppl make but it doesn't really seem like my thing.
I actually think the likeness is quite off. Are these silicone?
They are silicone. And most ppl tend to think many, if not all of JND's pieces are off in one way or another. So, you're not alone

Last edited:
I think the sculpt is ever so slightly off in angles, but it's more there than not, for sure, well over 90%. But the overall look and feel, I guess which you can say about Joker, Arthur Fleck and Bale (genuinely, I think Soyoung Lee is the better artist in terms of realistic likeness, Kojun has a caricature aspect about him, which I love, but all his pieces tend to have an added weight and heaviness to them) is that they all definitely illustrate a Kojun style. But yeah, the overall piece really highlights that great hallway fight scene very well, incredible dynamic standing pose, this is definitely a piece that I have to get.

I think the reason for this is that they create portraits of inbetween pictures. As in they don't use a still or a singular picture, they stitch together parts, so there's naturally a slight stylisation there because you have to sort of imagine how contours and facial features react to each other.

The film is definitely worth watching if you're into cinema. It came out in 2003 and has influenced a lot. Better off going into it not knowing much, but if you're not really a fan of phycological or brutality in film then it's probably not for you. It's more character driven than action-packed, but the action boldens the story and the character a lot. It's one of the best films of all time, and deifnitely one of my faovurites. Never thought I'd see the day I'd be able to get a collectible (if I can somehow find a way) of this character.

Now I'm worried, because I genuinely thought JND would mostly just do popular wester franchises (superhero etc.). Now any film is a possibility. And to be honest, as much as I love DC and Star Wars, the aesthetics in their design etc. I'd much rather have a character like Oh Dae-Su from films that I love.

Back