JND: Justice League Wonder Woman (Gal Gadot) Platinum 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure a determined critic could find fault in any piece, hell, I'm certain a determined critic could raise a compelling argument to suggest the real Gal Gadot doesn't look like Gal Gadot......I don't begrudge anyone their opinion. From the get go, there were people for whom this piece wasn't hitting the mark....but we'rein the home stretch now, and while such opinions persist, you have to wonder why certain individuals feel a need to drive the point home. This piece is more or less "sold out" - and the overwhelming majority seem more than satisfied with the outcome....that's a win by anyone's standards. Again, that shouldn't be the basis to "convert the haters".....but, to come into the thread at this point to tell everyone youthat the piece doesn't work.....achieves exactly what?

I would be here until Christmas 2024 if I made it my job to enter the thread of every statue or figure I didn't like, just to tell everyone there that I don't like it.....or, I could just go be excited about pieces I do like.....
It's a forum about collectibles so there is going to be discussion

It's a forum about collectibles so there is going to be discussion

Of course. But, with respect to the poster, there wasn't any discussion to be had. He doesn't like the piece, and thinks the portrait is off. End of topic. That's an opinion that can't be challenged, and doesn't provide the basis for any meaningful discourse. He's welcome, and entitled to that opinion....I was just wondering what it does for him, or others, in sharing that thought....

Imagine if we actually had Gal Gadot herself give her personal opinion on the likeness. I think people here would still argue with her.

Why would her opinion on her likeness be any more valid then anyone else's? In fact, if you asked whose opinion I would mistrust the most, it would be her opinion 😂😂

Mistrust the most? With that logic, they shouldn‘t have to grant the rights to their own likeness since their opinions aren’t to be trusted.

Mistrust the most? With that logic, they shouldn‘t have to grant the rights to their own likeness since their opinions aren’t to be trusted.

If the granting of portrait likeness was down to the actors themselves, 90% of the movie figure industry would be out of business! Companies like Sideshow wouldn't stand a chance. Normally, the approvals are granted by the licensing departments of the various studios.....who would have already secured the contractual permission to use an actor's likeness as a condition for taking the role in the movie - they'd do this, as part of the movies subsequent marketing and merchandising would need to feature the actors likeness, and there's no way on God's green earth the studio would sit patiently waiting for dozens of actor approvals to be able to execute the various launch stages of a film. Certainly, there must have been situations where an Actor was powerful enough to modify their contract to exclude the use of their likeness for specific usage, but in the vast majority of cases, especially in the modern age when it's almost a given that for certain genres of movie, toys will be made, the likeness use for figures is bound in the acting contract.

JND sent me an email this morning saying my WL converted and I have a week to decide if I want one 🤔 trying to decide if I should go for it or wait to see if my WL for Comic Concepts and/or Spec converts later on when they eventually get their stock in. All the pics I’ve seen on the FB collectors group make this thing look incredible and arguably JND’s best to date, I just hate the timing. Right after the holidays, and, being self employed, the same month I have to pay my final bit of taxes :thud:

JND sent me an email this morning saying my WL converted and I have a week to decide if I want one 🤔 trying to decide if I should go for it or wait to see if my WL for Comic Concepts and/or Spec converts later on when they eventually get their stock in. All the pics I’ve seen on the FB collectors group make this thing look incredible and arguably JND’s best to date, I just hate the timing. Right after the holidays, and, being self employed, the same month I have to pay my final bit of taxes :thud:

What's the old saying? "One in the hand, is worth two in the bush"?.....I'd say that applies here. Sure, the timing sucks, but you know you want the piece, and you're going to gamble a confirmed wait list conversion for the possibility that two other wait lists will convert later?

I'd jump on it now, take the hit and be done with it......

That's really not how licensing works...
Think of it this way, if you took the risk, then missed out on it due to timing, would you regret it? Or move onto the next piece? If you can't live without it then go for it. Or let the statue gods decide later down the line

What's the old saying? "One in the hand, is worth two in the bush"?.....I'd say that applies here. Sure, the timing sucks, but you know you want the piece, and you're going to gamble a confirmed wait list conversion for the possibility that two other wait lists will convert later?

I'd jump on it now, take the hit and be done with it......
Thanks for your perspective. To me, that's a bit of fomo thinking though, at least to me. I usually lean towards what @generalszabo said in their post about letting the collecting gods decide :lol I tend to buy many of my items second had or "new" on the secondary market for less as I usually hate paying full price for anything :lol Committing to a piece this large as well as the price takes some serious thought, at least for me. My biggest goal currently is to build my own house, so I have to weigh the purchase of pieces I pick against that goal and if said piece is worth dipping into the larger pie. it's easier when it's the smaller scale stuff like 1/6. But when it gets to the $1000+ items, it's more difficult to make the decision. I honestly wasn't thinking I was going to get a conversion given the praise this piece has seemed to have gotten since it's release, so sort of put it out of my mind as far as owning one :LOL: Now I have chance to and I'm back to the questioning stage.

Think of it this way, if you took the risk, then missed out on it due to timing, would you regret it? Or move onto the next piece? If you can't live without it then go for it. Or let the statue gods decide later down the line
Yea I get that. I honestly don't think of any piece as something I can't live without any more to be quite honest, though. I may regret not jumping on something at the moment, but will eventually get over it one way or the other. I've sold the majority of my collection 4 times now (3 times out of want, once out of necessity) and that's taught me that I can definitely live without this hobby and be just fine even though I do actually enjoy it. I've been going through a purge over the last year (over 100 items sold with still more to get rid of), which I think is also contributing to my indecision as I'm in a selling state of mind rather than buying.

Last edited:

Can you put the purchase on some type of payment plan?

PayPal usually has “Pay in 4” or 6 Months - No Interest options.

Since JND gave you a full week, take your time to think about whether you can live without the statue.

Can you put the purchase on some type of payment plan?

PayPal usually has “Pay in 4” or 6 Months - No Interest options.

Since JND gave you a full week, take your time to think about whether you can live without the statue.
Yes, I can. My bank also offers the same-no interest pay over time. When it comes to paypal though, JND did mention that though, JND did mention that they will be reducing the amount of rewards they will be giving out on purchases from 2024 on which sort of sucks. But, it's not that I can't pay it outright, I just don't like having such large purchases back to back to back and see it all hit at once :LOL: It's a mind thing, but it's how I keep my spending in check.

But, yes, I will take the week to decide. Much better than Sideshow's 24-48hrs they give with WL conversions.

Really appreciate everyone's perspective on this :duff

Last edited:
Thanks for your perspective. To me, that's a bit of fomo thinking though, at least to me. I usually lean towards what @generalszabo said in their post about letting the collecting gods decide :lol I tend to buy many of my items second had or "new" on the secondary market for less as I usually hate paying full price for anything :lol Committing to a piece this large as well as the price takes some serious thought, at least for me. My biggest goal currently is to build my own house, so I have to weigh the purchase of pieces I pick against that goal and if said piece is worth dipping into the larger pie. it's easier when it's the smaller scale stuff like 1/6. But when it gets to the $1000+ items, it's more difficult to make the decision. I honestly wasn't thinking I was going to get a conversion given the praise this piece has seemed to have gotten since it's release, so sort of put it out of my mind as far as owning one :LOL: Now I have chance to and I'm back to the questioning stage.

Yea I get that. I honestly don't think of any piece as something I can't live without any more to be quite honest, though. I may regret not jumping on something at the moment, but will eventually get over it one way or the other. I've sold the majority of my collection 4 times now (3 times out of want, once out of necessity) and that's taught me that I can definitely live without this hobby and be just fine even though I do actually enjoy it. I've been going through a purge over the last year (over 100 items sold with still more to get rid of), which I think is also contributing to my indecision as I'm in a selling state of mind rather than buying.

I agree that FOMO is a major player here, and for what it's worth, I would certainly gravitate towards Generalszabo advice if FOMO is the driving force! It seems to me, taking into account your fuller explanation of your situation - that you've decided to bring this discussion to the forum, in a bid to get forum members to sway your thinking one way or the other.....😉

Against your long term goals, and considering your perspective on the purchase of item at retail pricing - it's 100% clear, this piece is not for you. Personally, I doubt this piece is going to get any cheaper on the secondary market....at least not in a time frame where it remains relevant....by which I mean, by the time you see this at "real world pricing levels", there will be something else more desirable or "better" available, that will catch your eye, and this will just be a cheaper "yesterday's news" option.

This statue is not an investment, it does not represent the cutting edge of collectibles, it will not improve your life in a spiritual or physical sense. It will not improve or define your social status, it will not get you laid. It will cause financial discomfort, it will take up space, it will increase your list of possessions, and it will (even by a fractional amount) delay your long term goals......maybe it's best to enjoy this piece vicariously through the forum.

I agree that FOMO is a major player here, and for what it's worth, I would certainly gravitate towards Generalszabo advice if FOMO is the driving force! It seems to me, taking into account your fuller explanation of your situation - that you've decided to bring this discussion to the forum, in a bid to get forum members to sway your thinking one way or the other.....😉
Not actually to be honest. It was more to sort of "say it out loud" if that makes sense? I assume like many of us here, I don't really have anyone in normal life who collects these sort of items, so they don't fully understand when talking about them. My best friend does the shoe game, my brother does the vintage toys and rare comics, and another friend does gundams and smaller anime figurines.

So, I wasn't really asking for what I should do (though I do appreciate everyone's perspective on the matter, honestly). It was more to get it off my chest rather than having it rattle in my brain, if that makes sense?

Personally, I doubt this piece is going to get any cheaper on the secondary market....at least not in a time frame where it remains relevant....by which I mean, by the time you see this at "real world pricing levels", there will be something else more desirable or "better" available, that will catch your eye, and this will just be a cheaper "yesterday's news" option.
That's quite possible. I wouldn't be surprised if Queen were to announce a more affordable 1/3 Gal Gadot Wonder Woman with arguably a similar end result finish, minus the silicone. Heck, if Queen's 1/3 Cavill Superman had a red and blue variant like JND's did, I probably would've gone for that one instead of JNDs. I've even gone as far as thinking on getting one and having it repainted, but then I'd probably end up paying the same as the JND if not more :LOL: IMO, QS is the only one who does compete on a more head to head level with JND when it comes to production pieces. Their production piece of the 1/4 Loki with rooted hair looks just as good as their proto from what I've seen.

This statue is not an investment,
Indeed. I don't really see any collectibles as an investment as there's never really a guarantee that what you buy will actually go up in enough value that it makes you wealthy from selling it.

......maybe it's best to enjoy this piece vicariously through the forum.
Could be. That's what I've been doing since it was released :LOL:

Last edited:
If it’s not enough of an impulse to buy initially at pre-order, most likely isn’t enough to buy now at release. We know JND for the most part is executing proto to production almost same if not better so no surprises here. This turned out amazing and I’m a huge WW fan, but not enough to throw down $4K or even $2K. Definitely admire from afar and appreciate the craftsmanship is best in class. Similar to JND Indy, I’m a sucker for and will throw that money down. He’s not the best looking Indy(many have failed commercially) but I want a high end Indy and have committed knowing what I’m getting myself into haha. Where are you looking to buy Gipetto?

So.....FedEx just dropped off my copies of the JND JL Wonder Woman! I can't be bothered to post photos, likely they'd be crap (I'm not a photographer ) and, at this point, it wouldn't be anything you haven't already seen. 😂😂

That said, here are my general impressions. It's a beautiful piece, in my opinion, it looks 100% like Gal Gadot, and the skin details and overall fit and finish are definitely a notch (or six) higher than the competition.....of course, for a price 😉. All things considered, this is another JND success. I'm not in the gushing camp of JND followers, who drone on at every release that "this is the best JND statue....EVAHhh"......in my opinion, it isn't necessarily any better or worse than other (competent) pieces they have put out. I can definitely see the "technical" improvements they've made....but those technical improvements don't automatically equate to a better or best statue.....if that was the case, Sideshow, XM, PCS, Tweeterhead, and others would be dead and out of the game years ago.....I digress.

So, was this piece worth the scratch?......short answer.......no. JND and their super supporters can nuke me with their "cope" science on the reasons why this piece should cost upwards of $4k (to your door).....but I'm not convinced. For all the additional silicone (which, by the way was a completely unnecessary thing to do) - I would say this piece shouldn't have been priced any higher than their current offerings.....allowing for inflation of course.....in my opinion, most of the excess price charge was just down to slick marketing, pomp and circumstance.

I do love the piece, I'm happy they're in my collection.....but......I know this isn't / won't be the last word in Wonder Woman 1/3 statues.....it could be a great "end game" for some.....but I doubt that will be the case for all.

Would I recommend buying this piece?....in short, no! If money is like water to you, then ignore my comments and do what you please, you've earned it 😉....if you're like me, a simple peasant, then I think the money could be spent more wisely elsewhere. If you love Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman (and I do), this piece will be a great addition to your collection....but the price is a really bitter pill to swallow considering what you get.

I hope my "review" isn't too negative. I do really have no regrets getting these pieces, but at the same time, I'm not an idiot who lives in a fantasy world. Outside of pricing, everything about this piece is wonderful.....

So.....FedEx just dropped off my copies of the JND JL Wonder Woman! I can't be bothered to post photos, likely they'd be crap (I'm not a photographer ) and, at this point, it wouldn't be anything you haven't already seen. 😂😂

That said, here are my general impressions. It's a beautiful piece, in my opinion, it looks 100% like Gal Gadot, and the skin details and overall fit and finish are definitely a notch (or six) higher than the competition.....of course, for a price 😉. All things considered, this is another JND success. I'm not in the gushing camp of JND followers, who drone on at every release that "this is the best JND statue....EVAHhh"......in my opinion, it isn't necessarily any better or worse than other (competent) pieces they have put out. I can definitely see the "technical" improvements they've made....but those technical improvements don't automatically equate to a better or best statue.....if that was the case, Sideshow, XM, PCS, Tweeterhead, and others would be dead and out of the game years ago.....I digress.

So, was this piece worth the scratch?......short answer.......no. JND and their super supporters can nuke me with their "cope" science on the reasons why this piece should cost upwards of $4k (to your door).....but I'm not convinced. For all the additional silicone (which, by the way was a completely unnecessary thing to do) - I would say this piece shouldn't have been priced any higher than their current offerings.....allowing for inflation of course.....in my opinion, most of the excess price charge was just down to slick marketing, pomp and circumstance.

I do love the piece, I'm happy they're in my collection.....but......I know this isn't / won't be the last word in Wonder Woman 1/3 statues.....it could be a great "end game" for some.....but I doubt that will be the case for all.

Would I recommend buying this piece?....in short, no! If money is like water to you, then ignore my comments and do what you please, you've earned it 😉....if you're like me, a simple peasant, then I think the money could be spent more wisely elsewhere. If you love Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman (and I do), this piece will be a great addition to your collection....but the price is a really bitter pill to swallow considering what you get.

I hope my "review" isn't too negative. I do really have no regrets getting these pieces, but at the same time, I'm not an idiot who lives in a fantasy world. Outside of pricing, everything about this piece is wonderful.....

I think that's a fair assessment. I'm waiting to get mine in, need to pay it first.

But even when this was up for pre-ordering I was questioning the price. How does more silicone equate to over 1000 more than what their previous statues cost. Other statues had a spare silicone portrait for significantly less.

I still don't see the correlation between technology of attaching silicone to resin as the price increase. They just wanted more money. Their pricing on items have no rhyme or reason. In this regard, they suck and should feel bad.

When Arthur Fleck released, costing a lot, they promised cheaper prices - Harley Quinn, Joker and WW84 all came out around 1800 or so. With, in my opinion, more complexities around them and more multi-faceted mixed-media.

I don't have this in-hand yet, but the details are definitely looking to be their best yet. It looks incredible. I can't wait to get it in hand as I know the difference of JND pieces in-hand from photos.

But for sure it comes to a point where people definitely need to assess is the price worth what you get. It's a statue, can't be moved, costs almost twice as their other statues. I know the quality will be as near to perfect as any statue mass produced has ever been. But the price definitely begs some thinking.

I really want this piece so I will go ahead with it. But I can safely say, no matter the character, if it's the Crow or Joker in makeup, I will never buy another JND piece at this price again. The quality is top notch, for sure, undoubtedly, and, well - these statues are art - what price can you reasonably argue how much an art piece should cost? It's difficult. But when you can compare what you get to earlier art pieces in their line is when you can start to avoid that question and really gauge what you're willing to pay for what you get.

Like I said, I'm not going to miss this piece, it's the definitive Gal Gadot representation of Wonder Woman for me, the be all end all, no other statue could come out that would change this, I'm completely satisfied with it. So for that I'll bite the price. But speaking plainly, it's very hard to justify what I'll have paid when the comparison to their previous pieces is made.

@Gipetto0812 , I'd say leave it the week to fully decide. Can you sell some stuff that you no longer care for to help lessen the blow. Will this piece be your definitive version of WW where nothing else coming out will make you want that? How many other must have characters do you like that JND might make that would be a lot cheaper etc.

I'm just still not feeling that sculpt. Mostly due to the mouth, but the eyes aren't quite right either.
She has a bit of an overbite, which is probably what's throwing the mouth off for you.

Unboxing someone posted over on OSR:

DaGcJ6u.jpg
wmmNfic.jpg
vDSEDAI.jpg
V4qSDLc.jpg
5ovpWDs.jpg
ovOrcFI.jpg
sSY7jpw.jpg
6EZAD1n.jpg
80yPyrq.jpg

She has a bit of an overbite, which is probably what's throwing the mouth off for you.

Unboxing someone posted over on OSR:

DaGcJ6u.jpg
wmmNfic.jpg
vDSEDAI.jpg
V4qSDLc.jpg
5ovpWDs.jpg
ovOrcFI.jpg
sSY7jpw.jpg
6EZAD1n.jpg
80yPyrq.jpg
Yeah JND seem to not be able to do Mouths properly, look at the Catwoman.

Still its a really nice looking statue and the realism and detail is fantastic.

Back