JAWS Quint Project (1/6 Figure)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lollycop

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Hello freaks:wave I lurk these boards and make the odd post and I have had projects in the past, but they had to be turned down due to time and cost dilemmas. Now I am ready to take on one of the biggest challenges in my artistic career, Quint from one of the greatest motion pictures of all time, JAWS.

I am in need of help though my fellow friends. I have had many experiences with sculpting, painting, etc. But I have never tailored in my life so I'll be in help of you guys for guiding me through to build this 1/6 piece.

First, I am going to start with the head. (i do not own any 3D sculpting programs, but I base my work on drawings and screen caps) I have used clay for my previous sculptures, but these where sculptures and not 1/6 figures.

So for starters guys, what material(s) should i use for sculpting the head?

In the mean time, cheers guys and I hope this project will go smoothly along with every other project on this board :goodpost::1-1:

EDIT: A sketch of the sculpt will be posted within the next few moments.

Alright guys, finished the rough outline of Quints face.

REMINDER, this is not final in any shape or form, this is just to guide me through the final drawing of his face. This is just going to be posted so you guys can tell me what to add and what to take away.

And those are not the eyes, do not worry :p lmfao.

n5lbsy.jpg

Just an FYI... another board member (Spenser) already did a great Quint sculpt. You might want to check with him, unless of course you just want to take a crack at your own.

Just an FYI... another board member (Spenser) already did a great Quint sculpt. You might want to check with him, unless of course you just want to take a crack at your own.

Yeah I was informed about that he was a part of the inspiration for this.

But I want to have a crack at this because Quint is the reason why I am into film making, and having such a huge interest in film. So I think it is my duty to have a chance to sculpt my own version of Quint.

Again though, a big thanks goes out to Spenser because he was a part of the inspiration for this project.

To be honest, that is why I've never bothered putting a Quint figure together. He just wouldn't look right on the shelf without Bruce munching on him. :lol

Yeah, do a 1:6 Bruce instead. Or some sort of Bruce dio that would allow a Quint figure to fit in his mouth!

:yess:

I can feel the juices flowing now, maybe have a 1/6 bruce head, with half a quint you fit in?

This idea seems perfect!!! But it would be more of a diorama then a figure? And i would need the back of the Orca to complete it.

But it is an idea i will keep in the back of my head, but I would like to finish this head sculpt and see how this turns out!!!

Again thanks again Buttmunch :hi5:

Glad to inspire you. I hope it works out.

I suppose you've seen or have the McFarlane Jaws set right? Still one of my favorite 'statues.' I think something like that might work, except it would just be a section of it. Have Bruce coming out of the water, mouth open enough to stick at least part of a Quint figure in, and have a little bit of the Orca deck for the rest of Quint to slide down. So it wouldn't be the full ship, just part of the deck. A lot of statues don't complete the entire environment they are located in, and for a 1:6 scaled piece, it would be even more illogical to do the whole ship.

But if it happens and turns out well, I'd certainly be interested in one :)

Glad to inspire you. I hope it works out.

I suppose you've seen or have the McFarlane Jaws set right? Still one of my favorite 'statues.' I think something like that might work, except it would just be a section of it. Have Bruce coming out of the water, mouth open enough to stick at least part of a Quint figure in, and have a little bit of the Orca deck for the rest of Quint to slide down. So it wouldn't be the full ship, just part of the deck. A lot of statues don't complete the entire environment they are located in, and for a 1:6 scaled piece, it would be even more illogical to do the whole ship.

But if it happens and turns out well, I'd certainly be interested in one :)

This is actually an amazing idea!!! Alright, I think i may actually do this.

But what that means is that I'll have to re-do the drawing, because Quint had quite the expression when he was being served for lunch :lol

Alright so i grabbed my sketch of Quints face, and i played around to see if I could create that screaming reaction.

Any ideas or feedback at what i should add/subtract?

x4lx1g.jpg

i might be willing to tackle the back of the boat like from the doorway & deck to stern ala a hollywood back drop style. kind of like this saloon i put together.
gl135.jpg

but this would take time, lots of effort, fortitude, and good ref pics........:lol

but could be pretty bad ass.

edit: found a mini replica pic of one that sold on ebay.......not sure of the scale but it looks to be 1/6th.....:horror
3387064326_caffb9d5b4_o.jpg

Last edited:
i might be willing to tackle the back of the boat like from the doorway & deck to stern ala a hollywood back drop style. kind of like this saloon i put together.
gl135.jpg

but this would take time, lots of effort, fortitude, and good ref pics........:lol

That does look really bad ass!!

Well maybe with some team effort this piece could be the grail of any collection!!!

So tell me if this is a good idea...

Have a sculpted (non-articulated) Bruce with mouth open, have sculpted Quint legs inside of the mouth, attach a upper body to the sculpted legs so this gives Quint the option to move head, arms, chest etc.

Then attach these bad boys to your custom Orca piece, and we may have the most sought after Jaws collectible (aside from the NT Bruce) that any Jaws fan could want.

All wee need to do is put our mind to it and put 110% effort into this.

Man i am pumped now!! :panic::thud:

gl135.jpg

edit: found a mini replica pic of one that sold on ebay.......not sure of the scale but it looks to be 1/6th.....:horror
3387064326_caffb9d5b4_o.jpg

Yeah that's a Orca from the forum Operation Orca forums.

They are the kings for making Orca models, but we dont really need the whole diorama, all we need is the back of the boat.

I'm friends with the owner of the site so I am definitely sure he could lend us his Ref pics.

well see what you can get. but know the orca project may take quite some time. but plans or pics would speed things up tons.

well see what you can get. but know the orca project may take quite some time. but plans or pics would speed things up tons.

Yeah its a good thing we have to take time on this cause if we really are patient and take our time on this, we could have one hell of a piece. I'm gonna go hunting for some Orca pics now, do you want me to PM you the pics or post em here?

here would be fine because if anyone else would be interested they could add to it or give opinions & what not.

thats bad ass..........."why do you want this song on??"..........damn kids........:censored you brat !!!!!!!..............:lol

thats bad ass..........."why do you want this song on??"..........damn kids........:censored you brat !!!!!!!..............:lol

Ahaha yeah that cracked me up too :lol

This is a pretty random thought, but if this piece does come out superb I wonder how much the value of it would be because it is a one time only thing. (it'd be pretty hard to duplicate a piece like this :gah:)

Back