Jawa - Hasbro rework

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chuffin wonderful!! the little differences really brings out the best in him and them, and that new ion blaster is just perfection!

Last edited:
Great job on these guys!..individual gear & all.I too am liking that blaster you made.Very nice touch.
There has been alot of inspiring upgrades to these pesky little creatures on here lately.
Not sure if this has been addressed before(pardon me if it has-I obviously must have missed it)But I was wondering if anyone has thought to put a small wire in the seam of the hood opening to form & hold a desired shape?I know sideshow had did this with jedi robes.

I'm curious if there is a way that the jawas can have their electronics removed and replaced with an led attached to a switch instead of a button, when I'm finished with them the crowning moment will be having their eyes on without having to hold it! (I tried the rubber band thing you suggested thundergod, it worked on 1 jawa, but on the other 2 the buttons are quite abit tougher to get down)
Lopie did the very same thing on his thread on his Jawa with fantastic results.
I myself have been tinkering around with wiring LEDs for the purpose of diorama lighing.Can't see it being too difficult to rig something up for a Jawa providing you can find a source for the right parts.

yea i would think that a small push button switch wouldnt be that hard to replace once you dug out the momentary switch on his back. i may look into this myself for mine.

Thanks for the comments guys, it was this thread that made me hunt down these jawas on ebay, which where my first 1/6 figures; that then meant I had to get the droids and then the hardstuff from ssc! your fault!

Made a pistol for another jawa cobbled together from a revolver handle, body of a hasbro jawa gun, a pin and part of the inside of a clicky pen's mechanism, then I found an ancient looking glass fuse thing and stuck it to the side to make it more starwarsy

Untitled2.png

and here is an "atmosphere" shot just for fun :)lol or "having a bad camera" shot)

DSCF2394.jpg

I'm having a go at making the light up eyes be a switch now, and have discovered a shocking truth about what is under these robes and why they are so desperate for machine parts all the time...

DSCF2407.jpg

and R5 is cold

I've just bought the slide switches for the jawas and i'm going to try and just snip the wires that lead to the old switch and try and connect them to the new switch.... i hope its that simple lol, this is primary school grade electronics.

I've just bought the slide switches for the jawas and i'm going to try and just snip the wires that lead to the old switch and try and connect them to the new switch.... i hope its that simple lol, this is primary school grade electronics.

Good idea, and you'll do fine. It will work, as I did it to mine years ago. My switch in his back clicks on, and I can leave it on to take pics, admire etc. Then I can click it back off. I did a taller 'Chief Jawa' and need to make more now that I am inspired by the great ones on here. Here is mine with some friends:

watermark.php
watermark.php

R2%2004.jpg

@Brinn;woah, those eye-lights look great, looking forward to seeing your jawa2.0's.

after alot of tedious microscopic wire twisting it worked!

DSCF2409.jpg

now just have to make it look pretty

Here is a shot of them together + hammerhead who keeps photo bombing
Untitleda.png

The offenders:

DSCF2412.jpg

DSCF2413.jpg

DSCF2417.jpg

and for those afraid of the dark

DSCF2416.jpg

I might add more dust and change their face wraps slightly, it looks abit too human size bandagey, going to cut thin strips of fabric this time and then also put a dullcote on the shiny plastic parts remaining like the plastic pouches

PS: are my pictures too big? not sure how that works on monitor size

Last edited:
Great work on those mort. I'm wondering if Sideshow will do a Jawa 2-pack and if they do I hope one is taller than the other.

Back