Japan Post Restricts Packages over 1 Pound to the US!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's actually still bad. Private citizens can't send out packages which means people sending stuff home for the holidays have to use
other means like Fed-ex, UPS, DHL which are requiring the receipitants social security number before it's shipped off.

I have a friend in Japan that send me things and he's going to get more info on this and see what he would have to do to get a account with Japan post, which is slowly becoming a private company instead of a public one.

It's actually still bad. Private citizens can't send out packages which means people sending stuff home for the holidays have to use
other means like Fed-ex, UPS, DHL which are requiring the receipitants social security number before it's shipped off.

I have a friend in Japan that send me things and he's going to get more info on this and see what he would have to do to get a account with Japan post, which is slowly becoming a private company instead of a public one.

Yeah, it is still bad for individuals trying to ship here, especially right before Christmas, but for us collectors worrying about ordering from Japan retailers, it turns out to be a non-issue. Good luck finding alternate means of shipping stuff and hopefully they will remove the restriction soon.

First getting sexually molested by airport screeners, now we cant get our toys from Japan... the terrorists really have defeated us.

While the world isn't colapsing like the opening post makes it sound (and I feel that it should be updated with the clarification), It's still a pretty crappy roadblock for collectors (like me) who use deputy/proxy services to buy exclusive items or rare con/event items not available from most online stores.

Thanks a lot Bin Laden.

r145993_512250.jpg

this is pointless. i'm sure the terrorists could make a bomb that weighs less than 1LB if they put a little effort into it. they'll probably just switch back to envelopes full of anthrax powder.

Back