James Cameron's AVATAR A.M.P. Suit Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope you get a good one! take some pics please. :rock

Yeah, pics would be good as there are not a lot out there yet. I guess its because the obvious problems people are having with these pieces.

I got mine earlier this week, but i've been away for work so I'm finally opening it tonight.

I hope things go smoothly

Solid, did you ACTUALLY just say you dont like a SS product :lol

I kid man...

Chris

hahhahaha! the maquette scuplt is amazing but the paint is not that great. I wanted to look just like the proto pics.
this is what i wanted.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/Y3L2M4r0qp4?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/Y3L2M4r0qp4?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

There are plenty of pics out there already and it looks like the consensus is that the quality is subpar and lacks a decent paintjon and is priced about $700 too high.

5102635663_5e0a45063c_b.jpg

5103228872_e24f558342_b.jpg

5102635275_24d1389261_b.jpg

5103228476_de81406e20_b.jpg

5103228316_54e5774a3d_b.jpg

these are the first pics i've seen with good lighting. it's an impressive piece, no doubt. I personally would love to own it...just not at that MSRP. Congrats, it's pretty sweet.

Rook, would you be so kind to take a pic of the AMP Suit, next to another Sideshow statue, for scale purposes?

Yeah, those pics are the cream of the crop so far. You can actually tell that the AMP Suit is green and not gray. Good lighting. Quaritich still looks like he's gone the Klinger route on Panadora.

Thanks Rook, I know I could count on you …stellar pictures (as always).
Except from a sloppy weathering paint job the Suit looks amazing. :yess:

5103228476_de81406e20_b.jpg

I always intended to give it a little more mudding and weathering myself :wink1: …and Quaritich is definitely going for a repaint. :lol

It’s a little overpriced …but I will keep my order. :lecture

:hi5:

Great pics Rook!

I got mine today, and I'm pretty happy with it overall. The suit is well made. Mostly polystone, with plastic where you need plastic (canopy, etc).

Quaritch looks about how I expected him to look, nowhere near proto paint, but not too bad. I wasn't planning on displaying him anyway, but he is useful for showing the scale of the suit in relation to human, so I'll leave him there.

I wouldn't cancel an order on this until you see it in person.

Those pictures of the suit have definitely put me more at ease. The Quaritch mess I can deal with, the suit is what has to sell me. I hope Sideshow comes forward and offers a figure swap for the Quaritch repaint that is needed.

I get mine on Tuesday.
CC

I know this is polystone, but the color makes it "look" like its plastic. Still, this thing could be gold plated...its still not worth $1200 imo.

Chris

Great statue, let down by poor quality of the weathering.

A skilled painter could make it look awesome.

Back