James Cameron's AVATAR A.M.P. Suit Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got mine from Fedex, have only removed the base and there is a huge white scuff that looks like someone tried to repair it right where the AVATAR logo is.

I cracked up when I saw the box that says "AVATOR AMP SUIT". Reminds of the spelling mistake on the original Balrog.

I guess I will be contacting customer service as soon as I get some pictures

edit update: I'm afraid to remove everything from the box since they'll probably make me send it back but from what I've seen so far the weathering on the suit is amazing. Quaritch, however.....um......let's just say I don't think anyone will be having him on display. He's wearing nail polish and he's been working on his tan...a lot.

Last edited:
Just got mine from Fedex, have only removed the base and there is a huge white scuff that looks like someone tried to repair it right where the AVATAR logo is.

I cracked up when I saw the box that says "AVATOR AMP SUIT". Reminds of the spelling mistake on the original Balrog.

edit update: I'm afraid to remove everything from the box since they'll probably make me send it back but from what I've seen so far the weathering on the suit is amazing. Quaritch, however.....um......let's just say I don't think anyone will be having him on display. He's wearing nail polish and he's been working on his tan...a lot.

Well, on one hand that is TOTALLY SWEET that you got yours and on the other hand it is a complete let down that Quaritch really, really sucks and that your base is scuffed.

Yup.....saw this coming.
Anyway, post some pics...that way myself and others will feel even better about not having ordered this.

Chris

I've seen the whole unpacking and assembling of the AMP Suit on other forum, bunch of pictures, and the thing looks really nice.
Paint on shoulders look a bit too simple, kinda empty, and Quaritch really doesn't look all that great. Overall, I'm not sure if it's really worth the asking price, but it looks really nice and impressive.

Yeah, I see what you mean about Quaritch! He is really letting this piece down... It could just be the flash from the photography, but the guy looks abit basic compared to the proto shots...For the hefty price of this thing, you'd expect it to be PERFECT...

Yeah, I see what you mean about Quaritch! He is really letting this piece down... It could just be the flash from the photography, but the guy looks abit basic compared to the proto shots...For the hefty price of this thing, you'd expect it to be PERFECT...

Yeah Quaritch looks like crap but i already knew he would from the updated SS pics i'd seen, i'm not too bothered about him though because i'm hoping HT make one that i'll use in this display.

It's hard to tell how good the suit in from those pictures due to the lighting.

I'm glad you can see the pictures guys :)

I personally won't be getting this, I'm only oriented on (some) Terminator collectibles, however, I really like this piece. It has it's weak spots, but for the price, it really shouldn't have those..

I'm glad you can see the pictures guys :)

I personally won't be getting this, I'm only oriented on (some) Terminator collectibles, however, I really like this piece. It has it's weak spots, but for the price, it really shouldn't have those..

Yes thanks for the link. :hi5:

It does have it's weak points but nothing is ever perfect. I wish they'd have just left Quaritch off this but the good thing is you don't have to display him and it's only 1 little hole on the base you'll see.

I'm still really looking forward to getting this and like i say if HT make Quaritch then the AMP and him together should look awesome. :rock

No problem Jay ;)

And I agree, better to have any kind of Quaritch (even if it isn't just perfect), then no Quaritch, because then you have option to use it, or leave it in box. And good thing is that base looks "industrial" so one hole won't look too weird.

No problem Jay ;)

And I agree, better to have any kind of Quaritch (even if it isn't just perfect), then no Quaritch, because then you have option to use it, or leave it in box. And good thing is that base looks "industrial" so one hole won't look too weird.

:exactly: :goodpost:

I'm looking forward to seeing more pics from the guys here, so when you get it, get posting. :D

So far, im not very impressed with what im seeing. The detail and weathering of the suit looks "ok"...nothing that makes you go WOW. Personally I think the detail in the cockpit looks pretty cheap. Looks like a quick dab of red paint on a few switches and they call that extream detail :rolleyes2

From what im seeing...this piece is seriously over priced. $600 would be a more accurate MSRP.

Chris

Another opinion from a buyer on the SF. Not a good report, I'm afraid.

https://statueforum.com/showthread.php?t=92182&page=46

Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
I received mine yesterday and all I can say is it doesn't measure up to the price for the reason's stated below.

1. Weathering is garbage for a $1200 piece. Lots of black paint sloppily applied to show wear. Looks terrible. No where close to the prototype IMHO. This is the biggest let down.
2. Base is all painted polystone. It feels lighter then it should be
3. Quaritch is a joke. He has fingernails painted dark brown. Skin is too dark

The detail looks great in the cockpit but overall this piece just doesn't cut it at $1200. Dirt looks good but black paint runis weathered look. With some modifications, it would look better but for this price that shouldn't be required. It's more of a $400 to $500 piece IMHO. I am so underwhelmed I can't even get motivated to take pics. Mine is going back for a refund. Very disappointing....

Damn, after seeing the pics that have been posted for this thing, I'm starting to really, really wonder.

Back