James Cameron's AVATAR A.M.P. Suit Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Avatar pre-order next week..

I can't justify that much for the AMP suit. It's cool and all, but too much for me to put down. Also looking forward to other statues that should be made.

To be perfectly honest, i wasn't BLOWN AWAY by the AMP SUIT in the film, i was expecting a bit more...but Stephen Lang KILLED IT, excellent bad guy. If it was larger & less expensive, i would probably pull the trigger. At this scale and price point, Sideshow is asking a PREMIUM PRICE, for me it's not worth it. If i placed an order, it would just be out of excitement and after the excitement wore off, i'd be left with a 21" - $1,200 collectible that didn't blown me away on the big screen.

This is the 1st large Avatar statue/collectible and most certainly won't be the last. I'm waiting for something bigger, :D

Last night as sat through AVATAR and was blown out of my freaking mind, I had to keep my ubergeek in check and not think about purchasing this amazing collectible of one of the coolest, bad ass movie machines in recent history. THE AMP SUIT ROCKS!!! and it comes with Stephen Lang's BAD ASS Quaritich. DAMN! I'm not going to buy it! I am NOT GOING TO BUY IT!

I thought the suit looked better than I had thought it would. With the burners firing up in the back-just freakin sweet!

Last night as sat through AVATAR and was blown out of my freaking mind, I had to keep my ubergeek in check and not think about purchasing this amazing collectible of one of the coolest, bad ass movie machines in recent history. THE AMP SUIT ROCKS!!! and it comes with Stephen Lang's BAD ASS Quaritich. DAMN! I'm not going to buy it! I am NOT GOING TO BUY IT!

I watched Avatar last night and my ubergeek just went into overload and ordered this asap when I got home. I've been holding off until I saw the movie before pulling the trigger and glad I did. 21" high is great, 18.5" wide and deep she is one big mother and to be a scaled replica off the full size is hands down awesome. Being built by the team that built the full size is even better. 5 months on Flexpay and she will be mine!

I watched Avatar last night and my ubergeek just went into overload and ordered this asap when I got home. I've been holding off until I saw the movie before pulling the trigger and glad I did. 21" high is great, 18.5" wide and deep she is one big mother and to be a scaled replica off the full size is hands down awesome. Being built by the team that built the full size is even better. 5 months on Flexpay and she will be mine!

CONGRATS!!!!!..im still debating..waiting to see what comes from the hot toys line before i go on the flexpay!!

I’m so glad I have this up for pre-order. I contacted my dealer, he’s sold out and had to ask SS if he could get some more. :horror

Most likely this film going to be a trilogy and then this AMP suit will be a grail in the future. :joy

Z-brush pics. from Legacy:
finalamp.jpg

quatrichsculptcol.jpg

:D

I still dont know about this thing.....I mean...it looks like its made of plastic and with a total weight of only 12lbs.....it probably is. Im not sold yet....

Chris

I pulled the trigger a couple of days ago after sitting on the fence. The reviews of the movie helped push me over the edge. I'm gonna see it today.

As for the maquette's paint, I hope the quality stays true to the prototype. Maybe since Legacy Effects has their name on it, we may see some pride of accomplishment with regards to supplying a quality piece of hollywood collectible at it's finest. Here's to hopin'.

CC

I’m so glad I have this up for pre-order. I contacted my dealer, he’s sold out and had to ask SS if he could get some more. :horror

Most likely this film going to be a trilogy and then this AMP suit will be a grail in the future. :joy

Z-brush pics. from Legacy:
finalamp.jpg

quatrichsculptcol.jpg

:D

Anyone notice the artwork for Quaritch is identical to the Maquette? It looks like they took the computer image and copied it exactly for the maquette. Pretty cool. Would be neat to print out and display behind or next to the maquette. I know, I am an uber-nerd. I just love props and scaled items that are this realistic.

DAMN IT! My wallet just took a $1200.00 hit. Thanks Jim Cameron. I just couldn't resist anymore. Saw AVATAR this afternoon again and decided that the AMP suit maquette would be mine.

Back