Statue J. Scott Campbell - New Mary Jane Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smokes she looks hot! Great pics Drakul. I love the one where she is just silhouette against the window.

I need to stop coming in here or ill be placing an order soon.

They both looks great, hope this one can be bigger.

ugu3avan.jpg
hemytybe.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot damn, give the boys and girls in that factory a raise - that's what a production piece should look like!

WHAT no tramp stamp? easy pass... i kid, kid. Thanks for the pictures Drakul, you have have the same faded marks as on mine so i guess its on all-of-em.

Shes quite stunning in person, i had alot of complaints about her at work on monday.. jealous lesbo and soccer moms.

IF i had to complain, wish we had AP of the box art, just amazing

Haterz gonna hate ;)

she's stunning for sure. In my mind she blows the AH comiquette into the stratosphere.

I just think the comiquette style works so well here.

To me, an ordinary PF, say of some actor or actress in costume, it's really just a scale model of that person that fails at what it's ultimately trying to do - imitate the real thing, because how can it, and even if it did manage to do so, what is it but a scaled facsimile.

By contrast, a comiquette like this, it's an artists work re-imagined in a 3D form, it has a voice and character, and that's what makes it inherently superior to me, one is rough facsimile, the other is art.

I just think the comiquette style works so well here.

To me, an ordinary PF, say of some actor or actress in costume, it's really just a scale model of that person that fails at what it's ultimately trying to do - imitate the real thing, because how can it, and even if it did manage to do so, what is it but a scaled facsimile.

By contrast, a comiquette like this, it's an artists work re-imagined in a 3D form, it has a voice and character, and that's what makes it inherently superior to me, one is rough facsimile, the other is art.

:goodpost:

You might struggle with thermometers Dr. Lexus, but that post is a great summation of why this piece is a winner!

Very excited to get this. I had it on PO originally but had to cancel when it came up at the same time as Batman. But then last night I won Chicky's Twitter contest so now I have one coming afterall. :D

Very excited to get this. I had it on PO originally but had to cancel when it came up at the same time as Batman. But then last night I won Chicky's Twitter contest so now I have one coming afterall. :D

That's excellent, well done

I just pre-ordered this from Forbidden Planet and then Spidey and Gwen from MB

These will be my first statues as I really only collect Hot Toys

I feel like I'm growing up, lol!

You won a MJ :horror

Very nice, Congrats! :clap

Thanks. It involved a very bad selfie that I'm not proud of and a cheesey pick up line but ends up worth it. Just glad my wife isn't on Twitter b/c she probably would have been really confused as to what the hell I was doing.

They told me to destroy mine so i'll be doing that this weekend and taking pictures. Seems like such a waste for a minor problem but i understand why it has to be done.

I'm still confused about what i'll do when the FedEx tax invoice comes. With me destroying it and not returning it i won't have any proof of return shipping.

Hey there Racetrack,

Just wondering how the process is going with MJ. I am debating on sending mine back due to a blob of paint on the back spidey symbol.

That's excellent, well done

I just pre-ordered this from Forbidden Planet and then Spidey and Gwen from MB

These will be my first statues as I really only collect Hot Toys

I feel like I'm growing up, lol!

Oh boy once u start buying statues ull sell all ur hot toys and switch for good!

Hey there Racetrack,

Just wondering how the process is going with MJ. I am debating on sending mine back due to a blob of paint on the back spidey symbol.

I'm still talking to Sideshow about it. I'll post when i know more. You should contact them if you are not happy with it.

You actually won an MJ? Thats awesome! I think that warrants CAPS LOCK ON and exclamations points across the board lol unless your trying not to be an attention whore about it. Damn. How's that feel like I never win anything - Congrats

Back