Statue J. Scott Campbell - New Mary Jane Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might as well cancel my flex pay (no deposit lost)...and order this again sometime next year, since I already got Bats, and Supes on PO and my wallet is really getting "'dry" lately....there's a positive side on a huge ES ...or do u think MJ is going to sell out earlier??

Flexpay on this item doesn't start until February 2014.

I'm new to this hobby so my apologies if these are dumb questions. I just pre-ordered the Spider-Man Ex, and I'm on the fence for this one and Gwen Stacy. I think the three look great together but I've pre-ordered and purchased several pieces this past month. How likely is it that these will still be available after the holidays? I see MJ is sold out at big bad toy store. Is this only because they are alloted a small amount to pre-sell? Why don't discount codes work on these? Thanks.

I'm new to this hobby so my apologies if these are dumb questions. I just pre-ordered the Spider-Man Ex, and I'm on the fence for this one and Gwen Stacy. I think the three look great together but I've pre-ordered and purchased several pieces this past month. How likely is it that these will still be available after the holidays? I see MJ is sold out at big bad toy store. Is this only because they are alloted a small amount to pre-sell? Why don't discount codes work on these? Thanks.

hi and welcome to the boards bro. i'm not %100 sure about the small allotments to other retailers like bbts, but I have a slight suspicion that that may be the case going forward. I think these pieces in particular will have huge edition sizes so taking your time I don't believe will be a problem so you should be ok there. while i'm not so sure about the ex on the spidey though.

I am not surprised.... If you are getting Spiderman ... Well don't you HAVE to get at least MJ....lol
Just Spidey for me. No interest in the other two.
But...if I was rich?

I'd have one of everything :lol

6,000 of these so take your time.
I'm not bothered about the other two but jumped on Spidey Ex, interested to see the ES on it :dunno
I'll get the two ladys if I find them cheap, with so many about why pay retail?

CBG moment :slap :rotfl

Please believe it you'll definitely be able to find these for cheap about 6 months after they are released. If you can hold off a year you really will be winning. I don't ever see these being a hot commodity in this hobby.

I actually cancelled this preorder and ordered just spidey and Gwen - i dont believe it will be difficult to get Jane later, plus i already have a cool Jane

Please believe it you'll definitely be able to find these for cheap about 6 months after they are released. If you can hold off a year you really will be winning. I don't ever see these being a hot commodity in this hobby.

I believe you

Here is the deal for me about ES. Personally I don't care that much. It is a bonus when there are few pieces out there and you get to be part of a "club" but as far as resell value. Well that is just a shot in the wind. You don't always know.

When I buy these piece and sell the at a loss I just look at it like I rented them. There are very few items you can buy, own for a little bit and then sell at a greater price.

Here is the deal for me about ES. Personally I don't care that much. It is a bonus when there are few pieces out there and you get to be part of a "club" but as far as resell value. Well that is just a shot in the wind. You don't always know.

When I buy these piece and sell the at a loss I just look at it like I rented them. There are very few items you can buy, own for a little bit and then sell at a greater price.

You can only sell desirable items with a low edition for profit.
That's what SS used to produce.
I don't think many people on here think they will ever sell but sometimes it's unavoidable.

You can only sell desirable items with a low edition for profit.
That's what SS used to produce.
I don't think many people on here think they will ever sell but sometimes it's unavoidable.

I sell items maybe twice a year but that's because I have a very large collection and sometimes I run out of room. I sell old ones that have lost their touch and use the funds to buy new ones. I consider it pruning my collection. ES isn't everything but I have always lost money on items with high or no ES. Many times I wonder if the guys who come on here touting they will never sell and they don't care even buy the items. I think most of us who collect these have sold from time to time.

I sold half my bowen collection to pay myself back for my 1/4 scale spending spree. If you would have asked me five months ago for that to even be an option I would have laughed! I am by no means one of the screaming ES banshees however the ex does play an integral part in my collection. There's nothing wrong with wanting to protect your intial investment. Tastes and preference change over time and at some point we all end up selling something we thought would be ours forever. Just the nature of this hobby. Even for those with money to throw around. Space will eventually catch you.

On to serious matters now. It's about that time of the day for Jean Claude Van Dammes dance off video!

jean_claude_got_moves.gif

Back