Statue J Scott Campbell Classic Spiderman Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think we're all in the same boat since for me, i live in the Philippines and getting exclusives here are a rarity. You just can't.

The only way for anyone to get an exclusive is to order direct from Sideshow.
If you are lucky enough to find a store with one chances are it won't be cheap.

@ Skorpio... Tx for the advice... Greetings form Indonesia...

@ Collectorcol & Mr. Quimper...

Its approx US$ 250 and not US$ 25... as basically there is a local reseller of SS here in Indonesia and they sell SS statues here at SS prices, same as in the US, but these are only for regular versions...

Now, if I wanna get an Exclusive version, I gotta PO it from SS directly and hence pay for shipping which is around US$ 80 plus custom duties which will be at 43% of price and shipping which will come to around US$ 163...

Which makes the extra cost around US$ 250...

welcome to the world of non-us collectors. Some of us have been paying x2 to get an ex for many years.

I had the same dilemma. To buy the regular version for less or go the SS direct for the exclusive and pay more particularly the custom charges. I'm from Ireland.

I went with the exclusive in the end through SS as the way I see it over a year the cost will be spread out and I plan never selling this. So ill always regret not going for the exclusive. This is my first purchase from SS directly.

welcome to the world of non-us collectors. Some of us have been paying x2 to get an ex for many years.

That's for sure...

The thing is... is it really worthed thou ???

I'm a Star Wars collector and most of my stuff is Ex's... after a while you actually begin to wonder is it wise to pay 2x just for an extra head or one small thing...

As now I got about 20 Pf's and looking at the money i've spent, I actually could have gotten about 35... :slap

I would never pay the prices you guys pay overseas. I would pick up a different hobby that didn't cost me an arm and a leg in taxes. At the same time I do understand as I have the same addiction to collecting. I guess I feel bad for you guys. :1-1:

I would never pay the prices you guys pay overseas. I would pick up a different hobby that didn't cost me an arm and a leg in taxes. At the same time I do understand as I have the same addiction to collecting. I guess I feel bad for you guys. :1-1:

Actually, I don't have to pay double then the original SS prices...

I can purchase them here in Indonesia at exactly SS website prices, if we just buy the regulars...

It could actually be cheaper than US collectors as we don't have to pay for extra shipping and same state taxes... :yess:

As the seller here sells all SS stuff at exactly PO prices with free delivery charges within the same city...

As so, it might be better here... so don't feel so bad...

It's just if we wanna buy the Exclusive, then the price differential of about $250...

But besides quitting the hobby, what other choice do we have? Every time I see a statue I want, I have to add an extra $70-$100 on top of the retail price coz that's how much the average postage is from the US.
It sucks but there's really nothing you can do about it

I have been thinking about that, and try to get another hobby like the one I was doing before (modeling aircrafts) , but have no time on doing that. Bats Pf is going to cost me around 500 euros aprox $600....:( and believe me He is going to be one of the last pieces am buying for my collection. We cannot afford the hobby anymore...:monkey2

But besides quitting the hobby, what other choice do we have? Every time I see a statue I want, I have to add an extra $70-$100 on top of the retail price coz that's how much the average postage is from the US.
It sucks but there's really nothing you can do about it

When I used to live in France I just use to buy pieces I could see in stores. Lots of Bowen, SSC regs, Gentle Giant..... That was about 10 years ago.
But granted I didn't know about this forum, nowadays if I still lived abroad I'm not sure what I would do.

All exclusives are made in China as well. why doesn't SS just ship from China to Asia, Europe, etc.... Instead they ship from china to their warehouse in USA, then ship again to international buyers ?

All exclusives are made in China as well. why doesn't SS just ship from China to Asia, Europe, etc.... Instead they ship from china to their warehouse in USA, then ship again to international buyers ?

Exclusives can only be ordered direct from Sideshow. Cutting out the middle man means more profit.
To do as you suggested would need a warehouse on each continent with staff that would cost more than shipping the items from the U.S. And who pays for the shipping anyway? Us!

Wouldn't SS simply knows that there are, say 20 exc statues for France, 30 exc statues for Australia and so on. From there, they can save shipping cost for non US buyer. The rest will all be ship to USA. I mean SS already have the preorder datas right? There is no need for warehouse as all the unsold exclusives will all be sent to US anyways.

Wouldn't SS simply knows that there are, say 20 exc statues for France, 30 exc statues for Australia and so on. From there, they can save shipping cost for non US buyer. The rest will all be ship to USA. I mean SS already have the preorder datas right? There is no need for warehouse as all the unsold exclusives will all be sent to US anyways.

Good point.

:rotfl You'd trust the Chinese factory workers to ship the them to you? :rotfl
They can't even spell 'SIDESHOW' or 'LIMITED' correct never mind get your shipping address right :slap

Back