Statue J Scott Campbell Classic Spiderman Comiquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alex said the new technique was just the comic style shading. Not a new application process buddy.

Just got mine and i have to say he looks pretty sweet in person. Base is painted really good and the lines aren't too bad on mine. One problem is the foot that is highest on the wall isn't sitting flush. It's the heel part that holds the magnet that's not making contact. Anyone else have this problem and what tips you got to sort it?

He's sat on my desk and the moment and i'm pretty happy with him. :D

For me the strangest issue is not the lines... But the change in paint colors and using glossy paint instead of what was originally shown.

Like someone said.. The Proto looked almost like Graffiti come to life.

Alex said the new technique was just the comic style shading. Not a new application process buddy.

I know m8, but it was suppose to be a new "high-contrast technique, creating added depth and dimension to each piece.". The proto had this and the production pieces don't appear to have it t the same degree as the ladies did.

Just got mine and i have to say he looks pretty sweet in person. Base is painted really good and the lines aren't too bad on mine. One problem is the foot that is highest on the wall isn't sitting flush. It's the heel part that holds the magnet that's not making contact. Anyone else have this problem and what tips you got to sort it?

He's sat on my desk and the moment and i'm pretty happy with him. :D

Pics or it didnt happen ;)

Pics or it didnt happen ;)

:lol

I've not taken the arms out yet. They aren't broken but getting them back in the box might be a pain. I'll put them on when i get home. Hope i can sort the heel out.

I know m8, but it was suppose to be a new "high-contrast technique, creating added depth and dimension to each piece.". The proto had this and the production pieces don't appear to have it t the same degree as the ladies did.

Yeah, shading. :lol. That is the SS translation.

new paint process or not, you can instantly tell once we saw MJ and then later on Gwen, that these statues were painted in a style that we hadn't seen before. They looked almost flawless in some cases that's how good they turned out. But that pic below that Spidey posted completely identifies the problem for me as it was this paint style that would've initially have attracted me to purchase this piece in the first place.

If anything, the Spidey statue looks to have been painted in the same style as the 1/4 Comiquette no? Either way, the difference between the proto and production pieces have never been so different and is evident in this comparison pic :(

Yeah the grooves weren't there and the lines are much thicker because of it.

69e735aae59e2639c27715a620e94344_zpsfa64f8d7.jpg

Looks like the peg needs filing. I've just done it a little and it's sitting flatter to the wall now. That's my job for tonight. Will i ever get a statue out of the box that can go straight on display? :lol

I agree we are not getting the level of "HIGH CONTRAST" that we were given in the proto...... Not even close. Is there shading on the production pieces? Yes, but no where near the correct color palette seen in the proto. Such a downer.

I agree we are not getting the level of "HIGH CONTRAST" that we were given in the proto...... Not even close. Is there shading on the production pieces? Yes, but no where near the correct color palette seen in the proto. Such a downer.

I kinda get what Spidey (Shawn) was saying now in regards to other Sideshow bloopers such as the Batman PF armpit gate and Arc Reactor gate for the Iron Man LSB in that at least those two were fixable however on this Spidey statue, the great success of it, in my opinion, comes from that one of a kind paint app/style and when that goes wrong, there is no simple fix! I'm sure the sculpt is a winner in its own right but I'd definitely be wanting some answers from Sideshow regarding this and at the very least a possible credit too cos this is totally not on! :lecture

I kinda get what Spidey (Shawn) was saying now in regards to other Sideshow bloopers such as the Batman PF armpit gate and Arc Reactor gate for the Iron Man LSB in that at least those two were fixable however on this Spidey statue, the great success of it, in my opinion, comes from that one of a kind paint app/style and when that goes wrong, there is no simple fix! I'm sure the sculpt is a winner in its own right but I'd definitely be wanting some answers from Sideshow regarding this and at the very least a possible credit too cos this is totally not on! :lecture

Yup..........

That's the thing he does look great in person, but that's not the point. We ordered the one that was at SDCC not this. So it is like a bait and switch and i'd be interested in what SSC have to say about it.

Yup..........

are you Ink in disguise? :dunno :lol gotta love those one word replies hahahaha!!!

That's the thing he does look great in person, but that's not the point. We ordered the one that was at SDCC not this. So it is like a bait and switch and i'd be interested in what SSC have to say about it.

Yea, pretty much sums it up. I've been in that situation with both the Bats PF and Iron Man bust fiascos and if those problems were not reversible then no doubt I'd have sent it back...okay, maybe not the Iron Man bust cos that still had the removable front chest panel which could cover up the Arc reactor anyway, but the Batman PF would have gone back 100% cos those pits look ridiculous and was not how it looked in the order pics when I pre ordered it! :lecture

They aren't gonna say **** about it man. They are gonna offer credit, return(so they can pawn it off on some other person) or neither I suspect. I'm torn between keeping a killer sculpt and then repainting down the road for what, a grand if I'm lucky with the level of paint detail? It would paint me to send it back but pains me to have to repaint this.

Yeah I'm too-ing and fro-ing between keeping it (cos it still is a pretty good Spidey piece for the money) and cancelling it (annoyed that it's not close to the proto).
Don't know, don't know.

Well yeah I got all 3 so MJ and Gwen will look a little funny without Spidey, I suppose I could just call it my 'girls of Spidey' line and add Black-Cat to it.

Problem is, he still looks decent despite the stuff-ups and he's not a pricey statue, and if they wouldn't give me the NRD back then it's not worth cancelling.

IMG_4940_zps9efa91a6.jpg

mjdr.jpg

Back