Is there a reason why Sideshow can't make 1/6 Terminator figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustinLuck

Super Freak
Reaction score
I would really like to see a good resemblance 1/6 Arnold...preferably a T2 version. But if they did make him, I'd want his body really buff. All the Sideshow bodies are probably too skinny.

I don't think there's a special reason why not, they just haven't. I've read that Schwarzeneggar is very hard to deal with as far as likeness rights go, though not impossible.

id prefer a terminator from the first movie...1984-style...12'' or quarter scale...

Sideshow does have a more filled out torso on some of the figures, like FVJ Jason, but the arms and legs are still skinny. Also, SSC figures are notoriously butless.

I'd like to see one or two Terminator figures, but I think someone else has the license right now...

Well, I believe Hot Toys is doing 1/6th scale Terminator figures right now. The last version didn't use the "Guvunata's" likeness on the figure though probably because of what Bluesparrow mentioned. They did do earlier versions though with the female and Schwarzenegger from T-3 I believe. Also Popsalute did a Terminator that included the coffin full "o" guns from T-2.
By the by, if you'd like to make a Terminator figure you might consider picking up the bbi bodybuilder G-3 figure. It's the spitting image of "Ahnold". And I mean it's really him, not a passing resemblance.
If SSC could get the 1/6th license for one of the films I'd be thrilled. The Hot Toys are great, but expensive and can be a pain to get what your looking for. I believe SSC could do the line justice and provide the widest variety of figures/characters in a good quality and affordable package as they are doing with SW now and have done with lines like Bond and Buffy. It would be nice.

JustinLuck said:
I would really like to see a good resemblance 1/6 Arnold...preferably a T2 version. But if they did make him, I'd want his body really buff. All the Sideshow bodies are probably too skinny.

i think people have this idea in their heads that arnold in 1991 was this huge hulk of a man. but the reality is that he was not. in his full costume, he looked very normal. sure with his shirt off, it would be obvious that he was in great shape, but dressed in a leather jacket and leather pants, his muscles were very well hidden.

i think sideshow's standard 12 inch body would work fine for a T2 line, or maybe a 12 inch version of their "big boy" body could be used, but cartoonish musclarity is not needed.

...and i've heard the only thing holding up the T2 12 inch line is the amount of money arnold wants to let sideshow use his likeness. :cool:

this sideshow body would work very well for arnold:

Last edited:
Shaihulud said:
id prefer a terminator from the first movie...1984-style...12'' or quarter scale...

Agree. Give me "bad" Terminator with uzi nine millimeter and phased plasma rifle in the forty watt range.

I wouldn't mind a 1984 Arnold either. I was just thinking T2 because it would be cool to see the other characters in 1/6 as well. But Arnold had even more muscle back then. Sideshow would definitely need new limbs! :horror And I don't think giving a figure like Arnold appropriately big muscles would make him look 'cartoony'.

JustinLuck said:
I wouldn't mind a 1984 Arnold either. I was just thinking T2 because it would be cool to see the other characters in 1/6 as well. But Arnold had even more muscle back then. Sideshow would definitely need new limbs! :horror And I don't think giving a figure like Arnold appropriately big muscles would make him look 'cartoony'.

i do. here are some photos that show how well arnold's muscles are hidden when he's fully dressed. keep in mind, he's probably just a little over 200 pounds in these photos.

and another. proof he's not the overmuscled superman he's often thought to be.... sure he's not 5'6" and 140 pounds, but he is rather normal looking. the sideshow big boy body would do fine.:peace

if sideshow was making a figure of arnold as he was in 1974, i'd agree a new body would be needed, but it's not for an arnold of 1984, 1991 or 2003.

arnold in 1974 or 1975.....

chamildav said:
Well, I believe Hot Toys is doing 1/6th scale Terminator figures right now. The last version didn't use the "Guvunata's" likeness on the figure though probably because of what Bluesparrow mentioned. They did do earlier versions though with the female and Schwarzenegger from T-3 I believe. Also Popsalute did a Terminator that included the coffin full "o" guns from T-2.
By the by, if you'd like to make a Terminator figure you might consider picking up the bbi bodybuilder G-3 figure. It's the spitting image of "Ahnold". And I mean it's really him, not a passing resemblance.
If SSC could get the 1/6th license for one of the films I'd be thrilled. The Hot Toys are great, but expensive and can be a pain to get what your looking for. I believe SSC could do the line justice and provide the widest variety of figures/characters in a good quality and affordable package as they are doing with SW now and have done with lines like Bond and Buffy. It would be nice.
I'd second that, I have that figure and it looks just like Arnold. I also have a bunch of "Ahnold" asian knockoff head sculpts that aren't too bad. There's also a very hard to find Dragon Cyber-Hobby exclusive figure that looks very much like him, but the BBI Body Builder is much closer and easier to find.

I keep Googling for the BBI body that supposedly looks like Arnold. But I'm having no luck :(

JustinLuck said:
I keep Googling for the BBI body that supposedly looks like Arnold. But I'm having no luck :(

here ya go. it's not perfect, but you get who it's supposed to be....

Thanks for the links guys! Yes, that Viking head looks closer. I bet Sideshow's sculpters could do even better!! I can't believe the governator is so greedy for money!!:confused:

JustinLuck said:
Thanks for the links guys! Yes, that Viking head looks closer. I bet Sideshow's sculpters could do even better!! I can't believe the governator is so greedy for money!!:confused:

what's your opinion of how thin arnold looks in his T2 costume in post #9?
still think a new body is needed?

Yeah, those pics are kind of surprising. I guess I'm thinking of the beginning scenes where is starts out naked. He certainly did look buff...in the buff. (no pun intended :D )

JustinLuck said:
Yeah, those pics are kind of surprising. I guess I'm thinking of the beginning scenes where is starts out naked. He certainly did look buff...in the buff. (no pun intended :D )

the main thing people focus on with arnold is his chest and his biceps. both are usually well developed on him as he has good genetics. sure he's more muscular than the average guy, but when fully clothed, he looks very normal.

now, if sideshow did a "predator" line of figures, and made arnold as dutch, and made the version where his arms are exposed, i think a resculpt of their figure's arms might be needed. but for the terminator films, what they have will work well.

Back