Is the newsletter broken again?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Custo

Super Freak
Reaction score
I didn't get today's newsletter. Just curious if its broken again.

I didn't get it either. Also, I can't view it in my account homepage. Whenever I click on it it shows up with a bunch of script and percentages and no images. When I click the online version it takes me to a page that says "bad request". If anyone can view it, please post what items were shipping in the next 30 days. Thanks.

ss website needs some major help. PPOs crash it, the online newsletter is showing errors, and only one friend has received it in their email. i have not and 2 others have not either.

When are the hot toys exclusives going up for pre-order? I didn't get a ppo on that yet ether...

The newsletter did indeed go out at it's normal time yesterday but as always there can be a delay getting it to your email inbox for a variety of reasons (providers and how many emails from the same address they will allow to come through their streams, etc.). This is why some folks don't get the newsletter until the next day at times. The ability to view the newsletter online has not been functional for about a month or so now and that may continue to be the case for a while longer.

-SideshowAlex

The newsletter did indeed go out at it's normal time yesterday but as always there can be a delay getting it to your email inbox for a variety of reasons (providers and how many emails from the same address they will allow to come through their streams, etc.). This is why some folks don't get the newsletter until the next day at times. The ability to view the newsletter online has not been functional for about a month or so now and that may continue to be the case for a while longer.

-SideshowAlex

suggestion...

i remember when the website worked very well. then the tweaks and changes and problems and crashes. now people basically have to be at the right place at the right time to score an exclusive because bulk emails need to be sent out in waves. there has to be a way you can build a website that doesn't crash for a PPO. bigger server, better management of your IT, go all fiber optic. WOW has servers that handle over 10 million users at one time so we know it can be done. the newsletter being unavailable for a month does not give collectors confidence for a solution to a pretty important part of an internet retail business. at least that's what i was taught. :dunno

PS: i used to create online weekly newsletters in PDF for a charity. the cross platform usage was seamless and it lent many interactive features. they were sent as an attachment and with over 50000 subscribed, it worked out very well. flawless i might boast. the archived newsletters were also available online for view or download, also in PDF. very easy to do.

Last edited:
suggestion...

i remember when the website worked very well. then the tweaks and changes and problems and crashes. now people basically have to be at the right place at the right time to score an exclusive because bulk emails need to be sent out in waves. there has to be a way you can build a website that doesn't crash for a PPO. bigger server, better management of your IT, go all fiber optic. WOW has servers that handle over 10 million users at one time so we know it can be done. the newsletter being unavailable for a month does not give collectors confidence for a solution to a pretty important part of an internet retail business. at least that's what i was taught. :dunno

PS: i used to create online weekly newsletters in PDF for a charity. the cross platform usage was seamless and it lent many interactive features. they were sent as an attachment and with over 50000 subscribed, it worked out very well. flawless i might boast. the archived newsletters were also available online for view or download, also in PDF. very easy to do.

Super limited items have become rare, so people jamming the site to grab something super limited and then crashing it is pretty rare in the last few years. PPOs have also been in retirement for quite a while as well...doesn't mean they couldn't return one day of course.

With that all said many upgrades have occurred over the last few years which included server upgrades, changes to the site to have things run faster, etc with even more changes to come soon to make customers time on the site easier and hopefully faster.

The newsletter is available in subscribers email inboxes every week. As for accessing it online right away...that could happen again sometime in the future but for now that option is not available. Love the idea of somehow creating an archive and will pass it along, though no guarantees it will ever be implemented.

Additionally,we have also found that the majority of people who receive emails from us do not access them through their online accounts. Most folks access them through their own email service providers portal.

-SideshowAlex

Back