Is nobody making custom figures anymore ??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah how soon before you can take orders, Cagoda?:pray:

And ajp, you don't post enough pics.:lecture

That SS Bib is a really subpar figure in my opinion. I think it mainly because we’ve come such a long way since then. Even when I see a new paint on that head sculpt, I’m never too jazzed about it.

That SS Bib is a really subpar figure in my opinion. I think it mainly because we’ve come such a long way since then. Even when I see a new paint on that head sculpt, I’m never too jazzed about it.

Yeah, very underwhelming figure - something off about the sculpt, even though it technically is correct. In some ways I think even the Hasbro figure with some mods (neck thinned and repainted) captures Bib a bit better. Would love to have seen a new SSC Bib Fortuna but alas will never happen.

You guys all rock! thank you so much for the compliments and feedback!

I have everyone on my list that wants an Amanaman, and I'd like to make one for anyone else that wants one.
Pricing is currently up in the air because I'm not finished yet. I'll need to make up for at least time and materials but I've given everyone the same estimate, from $300-350 or $400-450, but with more orders I can try to keep costs more reasonable.

You guys had great ideas with the resin dye, I'm going to get some and dye the resin for the joints so the paint doesn't rub off. I'll be ordering that tomorrow, and in the meantime I'll get cracking on pouring the molds for those that wants one. Thanks everyone so much!

Yeah I'm up for an unpainted one - so I can paint it and tell people that I "made" the figure.:wink1:

Yeah, very underwhelming figure - something off about the sculpt, even though it technically is correct. In some ways I think even the Hasbro figure with some mods (neck thinned and repainted) captures Bib a bit better. Would love to have seen a new SSC Bib Fortuna but alas will never happen.

Considering how old he is I don’t think he’s underwhelming. A body swap and a repaint really do wonders. Also gluing the back tentacle to the front one also does good.
With a new robe he will be pretty presentable.
An all new head with another expression would be great though. But until then this will do.
20ca886e2d60fee152b4155ca803cf3f.jpg

Why not...?
There's HT and there's SSC. Right...?
m.

Looks like everything. I don’t know all the details, but it seems they lost the license in December.

So, no official statement? That's very weird. In normal conditions, they should have said something, if only to celebrate it as if it was such an intelligent "passing the torch" kind of thing (corporations celebrate unpopular moves to try and make them popular, or at least to gloss them over).
Has anybody around here dared to ask them, anyways?
They "lost" the licence or they rather dropped it? Does anybody know any details? I mean SSC is strong on the bust / 1/4 / statue arena. Who will make that stuff for SW now? Any contender?

Damn.... I have pre-ordered 1/6 Boba Mythos... what do you guys think that it will happen to that fig, should this be indeed true?

What makes you think HT will never do Bib, while they do irrelevant clone troopers like the newer one seen on sdcc2019?

Thanks,
m.

So, no official statement? That's very weird. In normal conditions, they should have said something, if only to celebrate it as if it was such an intelligent "passing the torch" kind of thing (corporations celebrate unpopular moves to try and make them popular, or at least to gloss them over).
Has anybody around here dared to ask them, anyways?
They "lost" the licence or they rather dropped it? Does anybody know any details? I mean SSC is strong on the bust / 1/4 / statue arena. Who will make that stuff for SW now? Any contender?

Damn.... I have pre-ordered 1/6 Boba Mythos... what do you guys think that it will happen to that fig, should this be indeed true?

What makes you think HT will never do Bib, while they do irrelevant clone troopers like the newer one seen on sdcc2019?

Thanks,
m.

You don’t have to worry about Boba since it’s already in production. He’ll come out.

Asgardianboy, look a few pages back in the SDCC thread. You’ll find more answers you seek than will be found here.

I finally had a chance to get caught up on some of the new post.

I love seeing all of the wonderful character creations. so ... WOW!!

I look forward to seeing all the new stuff.

Aman update! Working on the staff now, color is irrelevant since it will be cast in resin and have to be painted. Working on the skulls too!
0-1.jpeg

Back