Statue Iron Studios Punisher 1/4 statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice review man! BTW Resin is still a plastic and Polystone is just a mixture of Resin and porcelain dust so a heavier harder plastic. I think IS was pretty smart to make some of the parts out of a rubberized plastic, if they hadn't there would be way more damaged pieces showing up. Mine was packed very well so I think a lot of the damage that's happening isn't on IS but careless handling by the delivery services, no statue is going to show up in good shape when they are carelessly tossed around which happens more often than not with all shipping companies near the Holidays.

Most of us are aware that Polystone is nothing but a glorified plastic mixture with granules added in. But given the amount of breakages, unfortunately that’s probably on Iron Studios on not designing the packaging well enough to prevent it and/or manufacturing a piece (scope caps), which wouldn’t survive transport.

And I’m not just hating on Iron Studios, as I have literally dozens of Iron Studio pieces, including 12x 1/4 scales, 8x 1/6 scales and 22+ 1/10 scales.

This is the BEST Punisher statue out right now and Sideshow better bring the A++ game to beat this statue. Super impressed and I see this statue selling out pretty soon. Check out my review down below and what do you think of having SS Daredevil paired up next to this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b0GXABb9Js

This is the BEST Punisher statue out right now and Sideshow better bring the A++ game to beat this statue. Super impressed and I see this statue selling out pretty soon. Check out my review down below and what do you think of having SS Daredevil paired up next to this guy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4b0GXABb9Js

Great review and I plan on having the two paired together.

Can't decide. Iron Studios or the new Sideshow? I have the Iron Studios Batman black edition which is great. But when I see the videos of this and and the sideshow the Sideshow just overwhelmes me. Still undecided???

Can't decide. Iron Studios or the new Sideshow? I have the Iron Studios Batman black edition which is great. But when I see the videos of this and and the sideshow the Sideshow just overwhelmes me. Still undecided???

Sideshow all the way.

As long as Sideshow doesn’t stuff up the paint on the production facesculpt, the Sideshow is a good looking piece.

Whereas the Iron Studios piece is out now and most are happy with the paint app, but it is having some breakage issues. In that you’re almost guaranteed to received the rifle with one or both of the scope caps broken off, and potentially a loose belt pouch.

Obviously I think Iron Studios is the winner here easily. Much more detail and options. Lots to looks at. So many weapons. Great pose and two great head sculpts.

That is not to say that I don't like the SSC version. I like most things about it. Not a fan of the painted head so that limits me to just the unpainted one and in all honesty that just looks more like some meathead to me then the Punisher. However I love the short sleeves and think the Bat is a great idea thought I think its a bit too thick and looks boarder line like a kids plastic bat. Clothing looks well sculpted.. Its just got nothing on IS version in terms of detail and accessories. Been almost three weeks now and I am still admiring all the little details.

However..

As long as Sideshow doesn’t stuff up the paint on the production facesculpt, the Sideshow is a good looking piece.

Whereas the Iron Studios piece is out now and most are happy with the paint app, but it is having some breakage issues. In that you’re almost guaranteed to received the rifle with one or both of the scope caps broken off, and potentially a loose belt pouch.

There is this concern.. IMO the scope caps are a non issue. Even if they are broke you cant see them. For me one arrives broken but I could glue it back on.. If IS decided never to add them they would have never been missed.

The pouches are the issue though... Thought they look like an easy fix its still stressful

You could always order it and return it if there is breakage and then get the SSC one..

I was thinking of getting both myself.. But know that I have the IS version I cant find a reason to get the SSC version unless the pics with preorder show me something I have not seen yet.

It all depends on what you prefer. If you like the IS one more right now from the pics then I would get it. If you prefer then look of SSC then wait, don't let the hype of the IS version take you over.

If you like both the same but are worried about breakage on the IS version then wait for SSC version also.. Just be aware that by the time that version is up fro preorder IS version will be long gone... I for one would not want someone else packing this up second hand and shipping it.. Eek.

That's another thing.. If you get the IS version and its in perfect condition.. I would not plan on selling and shipping down the road.. Local pickup only... I cant imagine trying to box this bad boy back up and shipping him out and praying that it makes it to its destination safely.

Mine showed up today from Sideshow. Opened it up and it was 100% perfect. Nothing broken and everything as it should be! Really impressive piece!

NLhjYMC.jpg

MvL8qHx.jpg

Q4ubtjo.jpg

No broken scope caps! You need to go ahead and buy some lottery tickets, you're so damn lucky.

Lol

I pulled out the gun and before even taking it out of the wrapper I was looking around inside the box wondering where the hell the scope caps were! To my surprise they were still intact!

TywkIno.jpg

Mine too just arrived from Sideshow. Scope caps in place, pouches intact, no problems at all. Amazing piece!

No joke ....this piece is too nice to be plagued with defects. Really hope the majority are defect-free.

Have y’all been complaining to Sideshow about the scope caps? Any resolution?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back