Iron Studios Mandalorian Luke R2-D2-Grogu 1/4 statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would have agreed with the original photos they showed us, but these new pics looks like a new portrait for Luke, huge improvement.
100% agree. I thought it was 1/10 with the initial photos but the photos up on Sideshow have me interested. That is quite pricey but getting Luke and R2 together might justify it. Still curious why they haven't unveiled a rearmored Fett in 1/4 scale yet...

Luke does look much better. Grogu still needs work. The price is really high too but I suppose they are figuring around 800 for Luke and 500 for R2. If everything looked perfect I might consider it but probably not as is.

That head sculpt is a remarkable improvement over the original, but the kid still needs a lot of work - his expression looks like he's distressed.

I would have agreed with the original photos they showed us, but these new pics looks like a new portrait for Luke, huge improvement.
I agree, Luke's portrait is a huge improvement. It now looks like a much more accurate and detailed version of some guy that's not Luke.

baby-yoda.gif

There is an improvement but not a $1350 improvement. Still looks a little off IMO.

I went ahead and pre-ordered this. Iron Studios has a solid track record in the 1/4 scale arena and you're getting a full Luke Jedi, R2 and Grogu so I don't think the price is that bad by today's standards. The Endgame Iron Man was $1200 for the deluxe and this seems like more statue than that. If production turns out like the photos on Sideshow's site, I'll be happy to add this to my collection.

Thats really hard stuff 1350,-$... Luke looks like 1/10 scaler with sculptet rope i cant understand the price range!
999,-$ would be a fair price for this piece.
easy pass

IS really don’t care about accuracy do they?
Well, depends. I've talked with them and they are very proud of what they do, and use files supplied by the studios. If you mean absolute film accuracy for a scene, yes and no; they can re-interpret like with the Civil War or the Mando 1/4.

If you mean can there be &^% ups, well, yeah. There was a dustup over the size of the Mando helmet on the 1/4 or something at first. Never liked their Kylo 1/4 tho the Vader is stellar.

Have no interest in this piece, but IMO they have done better portraits. Or paint. But IMO there's also the thing that Hamill (until the actor was a lot older) just looks young, to me. He looked young in the OT. Maybe it's hard to get right in a sculpt because of that. Portrait sculptors seem to do better with characters or more craggy or sharp features.

Well, depends. I've talked with them and they are very proud of what they do, and use files supplied by the studios. If you mean absolute film accuracy for a scene, yes and no; they can re-interpret like with the Civil War or the Mando 1/4.

If you mean can there be &^% ups, well, yeah. There was a dustup over the size of the Mando helmet on the 1/4 or something at first. Never liked their Kylo 1/4 tho the Vader is stellar.

Have no interest in this piece, but IMO they have done better portraits. Or paint. But IMO there's also the thing that Hamill (until the actor was a lot older) just looks young, to me. He looked young in the OT. Maybe it's hard to get right in a sculpt because of that. Portrait sculptors seem to do better with characters or more craggy or sharp features.
I just don't get why they've given him ROTJ hair? Or that weird fish face.

I just don't get why they've given him ROTJ hair? Or that weird fish face.
Well his hair WAS pretty groomed. For someone who was wearing a hood and fighting. Maybe it's a Jedi thing to not break a sweat.:monkey3 Anyway I see why they are charging so much with R2 and Grogu but still don't feel it's worth it. Maybe 800$

This new 1/10 scale is so much better than their 1/4. Why didn't Iron Studios make this in 1/4 instead, why!!! :slap

I'm probably buying this 1/10 and I have never bought any of their 1/10 statues.

luke-skywalker-combat-version_star-wars_silo.png

Yeah, I thought the same thing when I saw it.

I'd buy it, but I got their God of War 1/10 - and never again; they're way too small for my liking.

Love the pose and would be all over this in 1/4... but yeah :(

Back