Statue Iron Studios Kylo Ren 1/4 statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is why Sideshow killed it with the PF. They used an actual pose from the film so there is no debate as to whether or not it makes sense.

Then they screwed up. Because there is literally no way you can be seeing in front of you in that helmet with your head tilted at that angle. Keep in mind your eyes are recessed back from where the black starts.

If you have the Black a series helmet I'd give it a whirl and you will see what I mean.

This pose was always awkward. The second it was released it irked everyone.

I don't need to put on a helmet to see what kind of line-of-sight you'd get inside that thing.
Tony Stark has the tiniest slits on his helmet for his eyes, those openings are completely lighted from the outside, and constant flashes of light from his HUD... and nobody ever questions the amount of visibility he gets out of that thing.
It's all sci-fi. Enjoy it. Who cares if it's plausible.

It doesn't matter if it's plausible, but when there is a cheaper (For those outside of Brasil) better alternative with Sideshow everything is game for critique.

It doesn't matter if it's plausible, but when there is a cheaper (For those outside of Brasil) better alternative with Sideshow everything is game for critique.

Only if you like Mix Media.... I rather pay extra and get a full sculpt....

I'm with you 100%, if all things equal I prefer full sculpt as well. but the SS Kylo has an excellent pose. Hopefully the final production piece lives up to the proto.

Then they screwed up. Because there is literally no way you can be seeing in front of you in that helmet with your head tilted at that angle. Keep in mind your eyes are recessed back from where the black starts.

If you have the Black a series helmet I'd give it a whirl and you will see what I mean.

I never said it was a good pose :p That's just what his hand and arm position is making up this. If he looked down with either hand all he'd see is a face full of hand or arm :<

To each their own. A full sculpt isn't enough for me to forgive the 200-300 more it will cost and the neuromuscular disease pose.

To each their own. A full sculpt isn't enough for me to forgive the 200-300 more it will cost and the neuromuscular disease pose.

No pose is perfect, SS pose looks like a cripple old man with the squatting pose...

Kylo%20Ren%200001.jpg

It really doesn't, I won't even try to defend the horrendous price on Sideshows version, I didn't order it due to that. But they nailed the pose and over all look. Posting a picture of it in this thread just highlights how bad the Iron studios version is. As above though, each to their own, I'm sure I have statues that make people scratch their heads.

The SS pose is taken directly from the film when he backhands Rey's blaster shot and then freezes her.

Kylo-Ren-e1447577993634.png

I like how you chose the behind the back picture of all pictures lol.

It really doesn't, I won't even try to defend the horrendous price on Sideshows version, I didn't order it due to that. But they nailed the pose and over all look. Posting a picture of it in this thread just highlights how bad the Iron studios version is. As above though, each to their own, I'm sure I have statues that make people scratch their heads.

I haven't bought either version.... I just don't think IS version is as bad as some people say it is....

The SS pose is taken directly from the film when he backhands Rey's blaster shot and then freezes her.

I like how you chose the behind the back picture of all pictures lol.

It's actually a side view.... You said the IS looks like he's diseased because his head is looking down, the SS version although not looking straight down is placed way in front of his chest because he's all hunched over, just because he did this pose in one scene of the movie doesn't mean it's a good pose to go with.. IMO

Now this would of been a cool pose to go with be it SS or IS.... And then do a follow up statue with Ray doing something similar so it would make a killer diorama by placing the two statues next to each other.... I just feel some of these companies lack a bit of creativity sometimes...

Kylo%20Renn%200002.jpg

Last edited:
That's a drawing of Kylo doing the Rey pose. So that would be dumb.

Sideshow already nailed it with a pose from one of the coolest scenes in the film.

I don't think it would make a great statue either :/ good in 2d for sure though...

IMO SS definitely picked the best pose for this. I gotta give them some credit there for it. It must have physically pained them to go against every instinct in their bodies urging them to pick yet another dumb pose for a SW piece.

Second that, the legs are badly posed. Deal breaker for me.

Legs look exactly how they are in the scene. He does a backhand at a second blaster bolt and then is hunched over when he reaches out and freezes her. Iron Studios Kylo looks like he's practicing as the under study for offbroadway Phantom of the Opera.

IS has the superior Vader. They just missed with this. It happens.

Legs look exactly how they are in the scene. He does a backhand at a second blaster bolt and then is hunched over when he reaches out and freezes her. Iron Studios Kylo looks like he's practicing as the under study for offbroadway Phantom of the Opera.

IS has the superior Vader. They just missed with this. It happens.

No, he is not. He was walking kinda slowly toward her and did a X-swinging to block the shoots. Though the camera didn't show his legs but i guess with his amusing attitude he didn't move his legs too much. Repeat the sequence as many times as you can to proof my point.
Also look at the SS version, he is lowering his center of gravity like he is doing some kind of martial art by using every muscle of his body. As the nature of the Force that is completely wrong. The Force is executed by one's mind not the muscle.

Back