Statue Iron Studios Captain America (Age of Ultron)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went for a King Arts shield the other day on Ebay. Went for over $600. Easy pass with that kind of money. I want a deal....not retail. :lol

Guys, I got a question. Found one of the AoU Caps for sale but there was some damage to the collar, it was clued and is barely visible, only when you know what to look for I'd say, judging from the pics. However, you think 700 is too much for him, considering the repaired damage?

Guys, I got a question. Found one of the AoU Caps for sale but there was some damage to the collar, it was clued and is barely visible, only when you know what to look for I'd say, judging from the pics. However, you think 700 is too much for him, considering the repaired damage?

I would say so. I'd check the sold items to see how much they've sold for. If I remember correctly, I've seen them go for around that price, mint in box.

I would say so. I'd check the sold items to see how much they've sold for. If I remember correctly, I've seen them go for around that price, mint in box.
Yeah, but $ right? He retailed for around 800€ - 900€ here, depending on which Shop you bought from so this piece would be like 100€ to 150€ off the cheapest retail price. Does it still sound bad?

Yeah, but $ right? He retailed for around 800€ - 900€ here, depending on which Shop you bought from so this piece would be like 100€ to 150€ off the cheapest retail price. Does it still sound bad?

If you're buying for yourself, it's an excellent price. If you're buying to resell, I doubt it.

If you're buying for yourself, it's an excellent price. If you're buying to resell, I doubt it.
I'd definitely buy for myself but I also don't wanna lose tons of money should I ever think of selling him. But I guess that's pretty normal in that kinda price range. XD That's why I'm asking.

Aaaaand received him yesterday!!! :yess:

Damn, he is huge! I was blown away by the shear size of the box and the statue itself of course. I mean, I knew he was huge but there's a difference between reading the dimensions and actually having him in front of you. :lol But seriously, what a gorgeous piece. :love

Sadly, my pics don't do him justice at all.

C9YfCA7XYAAYmvH.jpg

C9YfCA6XUAMdYFb.jpg

C9YfCBCXsAAbIxu.jpg

C9YfCA8XYAEBJdU.jpg

Aaaaand received him yesterday!!!

Damn, he is huge! I was blown away by the shear size of the box and the statue itself of course. I mean, I knew he was huge but there's a difference between reading the dimensions and actually having him in front of you. But seriously, what a gorgeous piece.

Sadly, my pics don't do him justice at all.

Jeez, TrashCat, what a gorgeous, gorgeous piece:drool:drool:drool. Wish someone would sell me something like that.:banghead Well, someone probably would, for a big markup.:(

Beautiful pics:clap - phht any wee flaw (from my perspective) - I know some folks feel differently but I go straight for the eyes/face (googly eyes and poorly done hands drive me crazy:panic:) and looks like you have a stunning paint job. :clap

But yeah, somehow pics - no matter how good - never seem to get across the impact of these pieces. The textures, "aliveness" - far as I can tell when IS is "on" they really bring it. Congrats again on an amazing score with this Cap.:clap

Great pics, the sculpt and paint apps are flawless on this piece. Interestingly the asking prices on eBay has come down since last summer, so if folks are on the hunt now may be a good time. Unfortunately For me personally, the pose just doesn't work.

Jeez, TrashCat, what a gorgeous, gorgeous piece:drool:drool:drool. Wish someone would sell me something like that.:banghead Well, someone probably would, for a big markup.:(

Beautiful pics:clap - phht any wee flaw (from my perspective) - I know some folks feel differently but I go straight for the eyes/face (googly eyes and poorly done hands drive me crazy:panic:) and looks like you have a stunning paint job. :clap

But yeah, somehow pics - no matter how good - never seem to get across the impact of these pieces. The textures, "aliveness" - far as I can tell when IS is "on" they really bring it. Congrats again on an amazing score with this Cap.:clap
Thanks dear! I'm glad the paint is so good and that he doesn't have any flaw. Googly eyes would have been the worst! :) But he's amazing and if you ever find a good deal on him, go for it!

Great pics, the sculpt and paint apps are flawless on this piece. Interestingly the asking prices on eBay has come down since last summer, so if folks are on the hunt now may be a good time. Unfortunately For me personally, the pose just doesn't work.
Haha whenever I check Ebay for him he's way over retail price. On top of that mine was the first I ever saw from Germany so the prospect of not having to spend 200+ of shipping and custom fees was very tempting. ^^ Regarding the pose, I love it but I can see why someone might not. Thankfully there are enough statues of him on the market so there's something for everyone. :)

Haha whenever I check Ebay for him he's way over retail price. On top of that mine was the first I ever saw from Germany so the prospect of not having to spend 200+ of shipping and custom fees was very tempting. ^^ Regarding the pose, I love it but I can see why someone might not. Thankfully there are enough statues of him on the market so there's something for everyone. :)

Not really. Especially if you want a good one from the movie/MCU line. Imo I think this or the Civil War version from Iron Studios are the ones to get. At least when it comes to facial likeness and quality.

Not really. Especially if you want a good one from the movie/MCU line. Imo I think this or the Civil War version from Iron Studios are the ones to get. At least when it comes to facial likeness and quality.
Well, I think so too but that's coz I am a MCU fan and don't want a comic statue. ^^ Others prefer the comic version, that's why I said, there's something for everyone.

Back