Statue Iron Studios Captain America (Age of Ultron)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like I'm getting one of those. It is a bit annoying. But better this then missing out on such a great statue.

Keep in mind fellows if community is OK with this, they will more likely do this also in future with always increasing special edition sizes

Yeah. Very possible.

But an additional 181. Seems like an odd number.

Most likely to meet outstanding international orders?

What i think sticks out like a sore thumb isnt the fact these extra pieces will devalue the statue or make it less desirable, for me its the dishonesty part of the whole story which is the most worrying thing. Will wait for a possible statement from Iron Studios to see what they say about it but it doesnt sound very good at all :(

This is a WONDERFUL piece! Really proud and happy owning it!

Now that said, I don't care about this print run being higher but as Andy mentionned, it's all about honesty in this hobby/business. And right now, I feel cheated by Iron Studios as they NEVER mentionned anywhere in the process that there would be 2 print run for this...

So... it was 400... then +181... then what?

Yeah... a little pissed about this as well. 400 was a nice ES for this piece that most of us pre-ordered well in advanced. If this is a trend, then I'll definitely rethink my future purchases.

Is there anything different about this special 181 ES (paint scheme, shield, etc)?

That's a big chunk of bs. Most of us in the states paid a damn good premium for this, then they go out and make almost 50% more without saying anything? They lost my business with this for sure. These are too expensive to be pulling that crap.

Aside from the fact that my seller still hasn't gotten me mine, I totally agree with you. they are ridiculous and had to get for us in the states, and to do 181 more I think is terrible.

That's a big chunk of bs. Most of us in the states paid a damn good premium for this, then they go out and make almost 50% more without saying anything? They lost my business with this for sure. These are too expensive to be pulling that crap.

How you guys feel about this? It appears ES is larger than 400 since there is at least one special run available also...

Photo from Facebook group "Statue Collectors"

View attachment 244222

Does anyone know anything about the seller the special run was made for? I am not super happy about it either. Love the statue but we should know about the full ES.

181 is a very odd number. I also noticed that the new one didn't have the Piziitoys label. I wonder if these bases are made differently than the previous edition. It would be nice to have more information.

I honestly couldn't care less. I love the statue and having some more out there doesn't make me love it less. I could see how it would bother people who are more invested with the potential value of the statue, though.

181 is a very odd number. I also noticed that the new one didn't have the Piziitoys label. I wonder if these bases are made differently than the previous edition. It would be nice to have more information.

Piziitoys is the name of distributor in Brazil, the proprietor of Iron Studios and Piziitoys are the same person.

The base looks the same, and we here in Brazil we're as shocked as you.

We found that Australian stores are received pieces of iron studios that have not been released here in Brazil

My thoughts exactly. I haven't bought any Iron Studios statues but knowing that this shady business goes on, I will steer clear of them.

Blah blah blah, no one said they loved it less. it's releasing one ES and they releasing a new numbered set of the same statue. sick of all those that say ES doesn't bother them.

I honestly couldn't care less. I love the statue and having some more out there doesn't make me love it less. I could see how it would bother people who are more invested with the potential value of the statue, though.

I don't care from the perspective of potential value of the statue. I will never sell this one...it is stellar. I just think a company owes it to the collectors to give the full ES otherwise what is the point of even having an ES. Just list it as an open ended run.

Back