Statue Iron Studios Captain America (Age of Ultron)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone have the dimensions of the base for Cap? Wondering if it will fit in a Billy shelf from Ikea.

YOu can get a partial refund! Also the person that does the repairs is the same that paint the prototypes!

Yes, the statue is repaired by the artist who performs the painting of the prototypes, but as you know and many reported in the groups here in Brazil, it is the repair apply super glue which broke.

To clarify, are they offering a partial refund, or is it only a full refund (and you have to return the statue)?

Partial

Now as promised, here is a photo that appeared today, this not part of the cases I mentioned earlier, it's a piece that broke the same location as the other

gFVWbFY.jpg

Yes, the statue is repaired by the artist who performs the painting of the prototypes, but as you know and many reported in the groups here in Brazil, it is the repair apply super glue which broke.

Partial

Now as promised, here is a photo that appeared today, this not part of the cases I mentioned earlier, it's a piece that broke the same location as the other

gFVWbFY.jpg

So nervous about mine coming! I don't understand why they didn't protect the statue properly considering the price!

Mine arrived today via non-ems (regular 3 weeks) and base is perfect... in fact EVERYTHING is perfect!!!!

And a little different pose:
captain.jpg

quiet guys, have a lot coming statue perfect. but also be careful with the base because there is a case that broke when the guy was put on display.

got to open mine today. Not sure if I'll keep him in the long run, but this one deserves all the praise it gets. Defn my fav Cap statue to date. I think the shield posed in front of Cap looks great. If I have time, I'll post pics.

but also be careful with the base because there is a case that broke when the guy was put on display.

Is this base made out of cheese? :lol

Well, here's hoping for the best. I'm not 100% sure I'll be keeping mine, so I hope it does arrive okay in case I decide to sell it.

Guys

I have opened a lot of these. It will only break pulling it out of the box if you are strong like a super hero and do not care about what you are handling. It has a weak spot indeed that is causing some breakages during shipment. Even if It was solid cast We would see some cases as the way they projected the base was wrong and there was some room into the styrofoam making the issue even worse. It should have been done in 2 parts, the bottom rocky one should be a separated piece from the cannon one. That would avoid 99% of the breakage.
I am adding extra padding/bubble wrap and leaving no room for the piece to move. These pieces should start arriving this week in US. Let's hope It lowers the cases of broken bases.

Last edited:
Guys

I have opened a lot of these. It will only break pulling it out of the box if you are strong like a super hero and do not care about what you are handling. It has a weak spot indeed that is causing some breakages during shipment. Even if It was solid cast We would see some cases as the way they projected the base was wrong and there was some room into the styrofoam making the issue even worse. It should have been done in 2 parts, the bottom rocky one should be a separated piece from the cannon one. That would avoid 99% of the breakage.
I am adding extra padding/bubble wrap and leaving no room for the piece to move. These pieces should start arriving this week in US. Let's hope It lowers the cases of broken bases.

Fingers crossed on mine!

Got mine today finally. No breaks no issues. This is one of the most amazing statues I've ever had. The sculpt is ridiculous good, and paint is amazing, near perfect. It's definitely a tad bigger than 1/4 scale. Not quite 1/3 scale though. Heel to top of the head the figure itself measures about 20-21 inches.

Pictures as soon as I can get good lighting and some time off of work.

I know Ricardo Feitosa another forum, it opens all the statues that you send to check for defects, it is reputed to be careful with your submissions.

I did not post the pictures here in order to harm their sales

Back