Statue Iron Studios BDS Art Scale 1/10 - Avengers: Endgame

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm in agreement that it's underwhelming. If this were a 1/4 scale piece, I would return it.

Heck, I had to think hard about whether I should cancel before it ships, and eat the NRD from SSC. Am fairly happy with this collection and some pieces like Falcon are spectacular - but, yeah, this is - underwhelming.:(

Heck, I had to think hard about whether I should cancel before it ships, and eat the NRD from SSC. Am fairly happy with this collection and some pieces like Falcon are spectacular - but, yeah, this is - underwhelming.:(

Yeah, I won't say I'm disappointed in it, but underwhelmed fits perfectly. On a brighter note, the Black Order is fantastic in hand and has far exceeded my expectations. I should have Glave early next week, concluding my rather expensive 1/10 collection of IS...

Yeah, I won't say I'm disappointed in it, but underwhelmed fits perfectly. On a brighter note, the Black Order is fantastic in hand and has far exceeded my expectations. I should have Glave early next week, concluding my rather expensive 1/10 collection of IS...

That's great and congrats on being so close to the finish line:clap. As pricey as this collection turned out to be - and I skipped a lot - gotta admit even my grouping looks pretty nice on the shelf - striking. AND it doesn't take massive amounts of space. AND it looks quality; not cheap.

Most pieces I am VERY happy with - lol typically the more expensive pieces like Iron Man.

I don't regret but will be very glad it is over with, too $$$$$ I guess Iron Patriot and Rocket will look fine at a distance of a few feet or more - up on the shelf. Really wanted a big color pop tho; but IS I guess was trying to match the color grading on screen which looks more dull.:dunno

Edit....and got a charging notice for next week, so after that paying for the Stan Lee DX!

My Ebony Maw is out for delivery today so I'll let you know if mine has a similar problem. I've had a few of these 1/10 pieces that were very tricky to get the foot peg in properly, so might just be a tight fit. Hopefully I'll know in a couple of hours.

I was also having issues inserting the Ebony Maw figure onto the base, as it was a very tight fit.

But knowing about the issues from here and YouTube I went straight to the Vaseline (petroleum jelly) and with a minute amount it oiled it up and slid all the way onto the base quite easily.

I was also having issues with the arm too, but I did the same and it slid in further than I was getting without it. But honestly I wish it would go further, but I’m not sure if it can.

So after months and months War Machine/Rocket rolls in, and tho I have some nits - hafta say IMO this is a pretty spectacular piece:clap. Lol Iron Studios knows no fear about their sculpting and engineering.:lol

So the paint thing - yeah, I wanted a deeper and richer shade of blue; but I noticed in dimmer or shadowed light the overall effect is pretty good - a dead-on match to the color graded End Game scene when WM and Rocket emerge. I don't have a camera that can capture that. My shelves are usually kept shadowed so works for me.

So maybe Iron Studios knows better than we do re the paint:monkey3. With shadowed light, the light sparks off the metallic and u can see the shine under the dirt and it's a pretty cool effect - like a miniature film scene.

My nits would be more about pulling out the Tack-It putty to stabilize the back gun, and the feet, to be on the safe side. I needed a bit more firmness to make me feel comfortable - having WM fall over and break would really make me cry; the paint is so detailed and as far as I can tell, on mine as flawless as you can get.:inlove

So for me, that's that, except I have the Stan Lee DX on order as a final tribute to go with these 1/10s. I'll pick up the odd piece here and there when I can - I don't have a complete collection; but it's a relief to sort of put a period on an expense I hadn't planned for. No regrets tho - luv IS' fluid sculpts. WM/Rocket were worth the wait!

Ironstudios_warmachine.jpg

Ironstudios_warmachinerocket.jpg

I got my IP and Rocket piece. I'm a bit mixed on this one so far. I'm gonna keep him but here are my issues with it. First thing is I'm not a fan of the design for putting this together. Basically, rocket pegs into the shoulder cannon for IP but the shoulder cannon tenuously slots into IP's back. It's reasonable tight but not a nice snapping feature or a magnet to really keep it in place. Next, my IP hands are magnets but won't go into the slots. I think this is a common issue with the paint being too thick and I'm going to have to remove some from the pegs so they slot in better with the magnets. Aesthetically, the sculpt is nice but IP looks really desaturated IMO. the reds are ok but the blues don't really pop to me. Rocket looks pretty fierce though. Also, this is the last piece I order direct through IS. I have had it with their system. High cost of shipping, bad customer service, and the way they finalize payment is awful. I basically preordered this twice to no fault of my own because of their crappy system to have you pay off a figure. I'm done with them. I'm gonna order their stuff through sideshow from now on. Once I get the hands filed down and in place, I'll take some pics and post them.

How were you able to reach Iron Studios customer service?

I'm having the same bad customer issues you mentioned - they replied to my first inquiry but ghosted me the past 2-weeks.

I had a similar issue with the finalize payments (and installment payments). After several months, I realized they never sent me the items and they told me the item(s) were out of stock even though they were either in stock or on preorder at the time of the initial order - but they never notified me about any of this during the process.

I'm trying to get Iron Studios to refund me several thousand dollars but have not heard back since the initial email - hope it's not too late (as a last resort) to take this up with my credit card company/paypal - some of the transactions were almost 2-years ago.

Back