Iron Studios: Battle Diorama - Superman vs Doomsday 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
terpfan99 that picture looks distorted, it can't actually look like that. Holy Smokes!!!!!!!!!! The ear doesn't even look like an ear. This looks like a bad knock off.

Wow this picture looks nothing like the concept, wonder if its bad lighting and angle.

I think there are a couple of issues here.

Issue 1: In the posted pic, Superman's face is largely in a shadow (you can see the natural light hitting his hair and a bit of the forehead), which flattens the colours considerably. This pic might be a bit more accurate in terms of the true paint apps on the face:

14713087_1748541305399088_6416681315947615497_o.jpg

Issue 2. The head appears to be done from a translucent resin material. Although this is said to better reflect the sub-surface scattering that true skin has, in certain lighting conditions, it looks like very cheap plastic. I would prefer polystone, and better paint applications over a translucent resin material. But that's personal preference.

In the end, I didn't jump on this piece for the myriad of reasons already mentioned in this thread, including paint, and the large use of plastic for the base. Then with the Spiderman fiasco, I'm quite happy with my decision. So I'm merely a bystander in this. However, I would have really loved for this piece to blow me away and have me regretting my decision. So far, it doesn't.

I don't mind the translucent resin material. I don't like how the portrait has changed drastically from the concept. I was fine with the artists representation of Superman. The second pic looks better and resembles the concept but, the hair line looks like it changed and his face looks skinny compared to the concept. This second pic though looks much better. Can't wait to see more.

I hope you're not talking about the guy who said it was amazing and he was completely blown away by it...and there was the tiniest little tip of a piece broken on the base that he had to glue back on. If it was, really?

Yes really. Did I miss something or was the piece damaged?
For how much these costs you shouldn't be dealing with broken hands and chipped paint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like others on this thread, I'd love to see more pictures of this thing (possibly from this mythical FB group I keep hearing about lol).

I think I'm just going to eat my NRD and cancel it. To many issues and I don't like the new face at all...

Yes really. Did I miss something or was the piece damaged?
For how much these costs you shouldn't be dealing with broken hands and chipped paint.

Then you must return every Sideshow piece. I have never received a Sideshow piece that didn't have small chips or rubs or something.

Then you must return every Sideshow piece. I have never received a Sideshow piece that didn't have small chips or rubs or something.

Nope.

I don't know why my factual reply bothered you.

Just type statue collectors or the like in the search bar. There's a million different groups on Facebook

This guys camera sucks! But this actually looks really good, I bet in person it looks even better. I guess it really comes down to if you like how they did the face in that translucent resign. I think the face actually looks pretty good. But if you are a sideshow poly-stone junkie then you probably wont like it.

Back