Iron Studios 1/4 scale Spiderman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoa ...thought I was done with this thread. Too busy with SDCC to check on this thread ...to realize this was going on.

Nope. Not trolling. Just expressing my opinion.

Howzit, brah! ...Good catch ...meant to say "metal window grille" ...or better known as "metal muntin bar". My opinion is still the same tho. Spidey is ramming through glass and the metal window grille. You can see Spidey is pushing the glass forward, but basically scraping his inner thigh (very close to his testicles) ...just because the metal window grille is what's holding Spidey up.

Again ...the "metal window grille" (or metal muntin bar) is what's holding Spidey up in this sculpt. When looking at this in person ...it looks like Spidey is breaking through the glass but scraping his inner thigh on the metal window grille. This is one of the things I don't like about this piece. The arm is another thing I don't like about it. These are just my opinion ...and it doesn't take away from you liking it ...so relax and enjoy it.

Respect your opinion I love the dynamic movement the piece bring but everyone can like or not like it

No statue should have more base the the character it's holding. Kind of defeats the purpose of calling it a spiderman statue when only a third of it is actually spiderman.

I am a firm believer in everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but 1/3 is not spiderman may be pushing it, no person who sees this will not know this is a spider man statue and he is clearly visible front and center. I would go as high as 50/50.

It amazes me people complain about bring poses and lame bases and this comes along and the best base I have ever seen and its getting a lot of bad press.

I am a firm believer in everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but 1/3 is not spiderman may be pushing it, no person who sees this will not know this is a spider man statue and he is clearly visible front and center. I would go as high as 50/50.

It amazes me people complain about bring poses and lame bases and this comes along and the best base I have ever seen and its getting a lot of bad press.

Agreed. And not toward AC, he's one of the decent ones (even though every opinion he has on this particular statue is wrong :rotfl), but it's always the hypocrisy of people's opinions that bother me, as you said. There's nothing I hate more than hypocrisy, and a lot of statue collectors are full to the brim with it. It really gets tiresome. Not that it's only a behavior of statue collectors, but collectors in general tend to be this way. It's hard to give people what they want when they say one thing, but then hate on it if you do it.

Respect your opinion I love the dynamic movement the piece bring but everyone can like or not like it

I appreciate that. You are a class act, my friend. And I respect your opinion as well. If you get this piece, enjoy.

Agreed. And not toward AC, he's one of the decent ones (even though every opinion he has on this particular statue is wrong :rotfl), but it's always the hypocrisy of people's opinions that bother me, as you said. There's nothing I hate more than hypocrisy, and a lot of statue collectors are full to the brim with it. It really gets tiresome. Not that it's only a behavior of statue collectors, but collectors in general tend to be this way. It's hard to give people what they want when they say one thing, but then hate on it if you do it.

Ha! That made smile, man. Thanks for that. :lol

Finally put my order in for this guy and have a custom goblin for a companion piece! image.jpg

Ha! That made smile, man. Thanks for that. :lol

Hey I not knocking your opinion it's just the movement and nuts issue i think is pretty funny. I know it's a lot of things going on in the statue but the nuts come on man nuts. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I personally think it's one of the best looking bases ever. And this is going to be one to remember for sure! Gotta have it for sure!

Most definitely the best base I've ever seen. So the $3,500 XM Magneto base is highly praised but not this one it seems. It's odd but hey. . . We'll see if they feel the same way once they ship out to everyone.

I know this is a crazy observation but the pose is almost too dynamic for me. At the same time, there are A LOT of things to like with this. I will be anxious to see some in hand pics.

Back