Iron Studios 1/4 scale Spiderman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you order it from Eric at Toys by chance? God knows how many times I had it in my cart but I just couldn't pull the trigger. I figured I'd have saved more if I ordered it through him vs SS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I find him to be expensive. There are cheaper/better options for us Canadians. Are you a member of the Canadian facebook statue group?

Mine is still sitting in processing status and it's been awhile for that. not sure whats up, might call them and see if theyre actually gonna bill me and ship it soon..

Very disappointing to read the QC issues here. I have the IS Iron Man and it is fantastic, but I've got their Doomsday vs Superman diorama on preorder and this thread has me a bit concerned that their QC may have slipped significantly this past year :gah:

Very disappointing to read the QC issues here. I have the IS Iron Man and it is fantastic, but I've got their Doomsday vs Superman diorama on preorder and this thread has me a bit concerned that their QC may have slipped significantly this past year :gah:

I think the majority of the issues with this piece will not be an issue with the dio. I know it's bloody expensive piece so I'm not expecting them to **** that up at all. To be honest I still want this piece I've not cancelled my order unless sideshow decide sorry here's your money back

Weren't Iron Studios the guys that had some QC problems on some Iron Man 3 statues? I find it odd that they would have issues there, then completely knock it out of the park with AoU Cap and IM, then go back to having QC problems. Maybe their CW stuff will be great to continue the pattern?

They had big paint issue with their first piece mk 42, it was really the worse paint job ever on ironman statue .

I've decided to return this statue for a full refund. Mine has a couple small chips on the Spiderman. I asked for a replacement and sideshow said no replacement available. I think this is a very nice statue, but after I had it for a few days, I came to conclusion it's not worth to keep it for a few reasons:

1. The box is huge and it takes a lot of space in my garage. I rather use the space that I would use for this for 3 XM statues.
2. The base, although it looks nice, but it feels cheap when you touch it because mostly are plastics and yes it's a pain to put it together. There is a big chance you might break something when you assemble or move the statue around.
3. This without a doubt will be a PAIN if you decide to sell in the future because potential breaks during shipment or during assemble/un-assamble.

I've decided to return this statue for a full refund. Mine has a couple small chips on the Spiderman. I asked for a replacement and sideshow said no replacement available. I think this is a very nice statue, but after I had it for a few days, I came to conclusion it's not worth to keep it for a few reasons:

1. The box is huge and it takes a lot of space in my garage. I rather use the space that I would use for this for 3 XM statues.
2. The base, although it looks nice, but it feels cheap when you touch it because mostly are plastics and yes it's a pain to put it together. There is a big chance you might break something when you assemble or move the statue around.
3. This without a doubt will be a PAIN if you decide to sell in the future because potential breaks during shipment or during assemble/un-assamble.

:horrorIf Mamba decided to send his back after his excitement when he first got it faded … I feel better in making the decision to cancel mine. Yours looked great from the pictures, but reading of how delicate, and the amount of plastic used I feel more at ease letting this one go (and it was tough being a huge Spidey fan :gah::cuckoo:).

If your statue is severely damaged or parts are actually broken then return it. Otherwise I say keep it. Once set up and displayed it's an amazing looking statue.

I'm still in love with mine, although, admittedly, I'm not worried about the box it came in or moving it around all the time.

I think its just hard to fall in love with this piece after feeling cheated with all the hocus pocus about distribution. And now having to deal with the plastic stuff and defects here its just hard to be excited about this. I guess this is my last IS piece and its sad in a way cause I do think they make excellent sculpts. They're just not as professional as SS or as fan-dedicated as XM. I think they should have built up reputation first before all these problems.

When I return it, do I somehow get back what I paid for duties and taxes or is that gone? Never returned an item before..

Has anyone had any luck contacting Iron Studios directly (via email) and getting a quicker response / replacement rather than going with SS? Waiting over week now for parts.:taz

Back