Iron Studios 1/4 scale Spiderman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have no issue with the plastic parts...much less chance of damage compared to polystone.

I own the vader vs luke and the rails etc were a ***** to assemble and prone to chipping.

The Spiderman is awesome, but the base just feels cheap. Plastic parts - stairs, rails, end of doc arms etc. Thinking about I now it don't think it's worth the price tag.

Maybe, maybe not.

I'm still kinda surprised that so many people were/are shocked with all the plastic parts. Yeah I know they advertised it as a Polystone statue, but still it was pretty obvious from the outset because of its look and design that that wasn't going to be the case. At least not 100% (even ignoring the glass effect).

Though I had hoped that the stairs would've used at least some metal in its design. At one stage I thought the entire base would be made out of some sort of plastic, as from one of the prototype vids released on Youtube (non english) awhile back I could've sworn I saw the Octopus arm/base flex quite a bit when it was rotated/moved. But know we know that was probably due to it's 'balance' etc.

And with regards to the claw, once it was shown to not only have a light up, but hinges it was definately going to be made out of plastic.

However I was pleasantly surprised by how heavy the Spider-Man figure was.

My issues with this piece are the assembling issues, with attachments not fittting 100%, be that the Octopus arm or the stairs. And to a lesser extent the seams created when they assembled the figure itself.

Received my Spider-Man the other day. Love everything about the statue itself. The base, the spidey sculpt, the dynamic pose, all the little details. Really like how Spider-Man's suit looks like an actual suit with all the crinkles. The face structure you can see through the mask, and the texture on the blue is really nice. I also really like that the musculature of the body isn't overdone like some other pieces.

Mine, however, does have a few QC issues and I'm talking with SS about getting it replaced. There's the gaps in the seams which others have had a problem with. They don't bother me too much, but I'd hope for a better job on a replacement. Both tentacle pieces don't go in flush no matter how hard I try and there is a pretty noticeable separation there. Also, the flap on the battery compartment of the tentacle head sticks out pretty significantly leaving it quite flimsy on the magnet. On top of that, the hinges on the top piece of one of the claws were broken, so I have that piece just sitting on there and if I go to adjust the claw it'll fall off.

Aside from those issues though, I really think this is an amazing statue, and if I can get one without any problems it'll be perfect.

Hope you like the pics.

29550125286_f694b9ee3e_b.jpg

29503675951_bd5d36a091_b.jpg

29503656881_88d5eec70a_b.jpg

29503718221_ca2b3652b3_b.jpg

29294010230_a21f236636_b.jpg

28958732144_e7a7094cc0_b.jpg

29550251906_08f45c8bf6_b.jpg

29294186070_491ce9f244_b.jpg

29294155440_93c2619838_b.jpg

28958753014_0133d700f0_b.jpg

28958698564_f07e970074_b.jpg

29294112030_0ed6ba5a4f_b.jpg

29294097690_2e4ee8b8ec_b.jpg

28960685793_9bf7bf4f2c_b.jpg

29550032186_c5dc52cf06_b.jpg

29503625511_3caf23c2f0_b.jpg

28958716954_de415c63e5_b.jpg

Nice pics Mattman. I have the exact same problems as you and awaiting what SS will do for the replacements. Now just to mention...the more I look at the Spidey sculpt, I'm beginning to notice additional paint bleeding and like others "gaps in the seams" arrrggg :slap:gah:

Initially I thought this would be my ultimate Spiderman....not so much anymore. Actually leaning toward the XM Spidey now (surprised on the face sculpts on that one). This might just go back now. :panic:

Received my Spider-Man the other day. Love everything about the statue itself. The base, the spidey sculpt, the dynamic pose, all the little details. Really like how Spider-Man's suit looks like an actual suit with all the crinkles. The face structure you can see through the mask, and the texture on the blue is really nice. I also really like that the musculature of the body isn't overdone like some other pieces.

Mine, however, does have a few QC issues and I'm talking with SS about getting it replaced. There's the gaps in the seams which others have had a problem with. They don't bother me too much, but I'd hope for a better job on a replacement. Both tentacle pieces don't go in flush no matter how hard I try and there is a pretty noticeable separation there. Also, the flap on the battery compartment of the tentacle head sticks out pretty significantly leaving it quite flimsy on the magnet. On top of that, the hinges on the top piece of one of the claws were broken, so I have that piece just sitting on there and if I go to adjust the claw it'll fall off.

Aside from those issues though, I really think this is an amazing statue, and if I can get one without any problems it'll be perfect.

Hope you like the pics.

Great shots.. Do you find the brown shading too aggressive?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I think overall the shading is well done. Just a couple spots on the legs where the boots meet and the back of the waist where I think it's a little excessive when looking real close.

Such and amazing and unfortunate piece with all the qc problems that people are reporting. I almost went with this statue too it was between this or the symbiote pf and I went with symbiote. Look at those pictures it truly is impressive no doubt and for those who have this and have qc issues I hope you guys get it all worked out...

Gotta say guys......extremely disappointed in everything im reading. :( I was considering this statue for myself but after all this I will def wont be buying this one. Seems like they bit off way more then they could chew with all the small plastic details.

Gotta say guys......extremely disappointed in everything im reading. :( I was considering this statue for myself but after all this I will def wont be buying this one. Seems like they bit off way more then they could chew with all the small plastic details.

In a sense you're correct, as obvious as it was to me anyway about the use of plastic in this statue many in this community simply can't accept its use. And for those where it wasn't obvious they should've been completely upfront in the sales descriptions and mentioned plastic components.

But if you're been reading the thread, most if not all the 'actual' problems have nothing to do with the plastic parts, but the various polystone parts not fitting together all that well.

Saw a post on FB where some guy told SS he was very worried about the statue and was wondering if he should just get a refund before it ships and the SS rep told him with all the issues he would suggest he just get a full refund now. So yeah it's waitlisted because of the QC sadly.

Yikes! For any employee of Sideshow to say that! Damn.....

Trust me SS closed off this piece unfortunately it looks like I won't be getting mine as it still says pending on my account. I sent an email to find out what the heck is going on. Should find out by Monday hopefully! If worse comes to worse I will transfer my order to something else. Not having much luck lately with SS jeez

I have never seen a piece wait listed because it is a QC lemon, but here it is. The fact that SSC won't even let you order it anymore is SO telling

Apologies. Just realized my phantom post. Just skimmed through the previous pages. At least SS and IS are working to give collectors replacement parts and refunds. Will SS open this back up once the QC issues are worked through for the future batches? I loved what I've seen in video reviews for this piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welp, had my hopes up but two pieces arrived broken and I also had issues with pieces not lining up properly.
5035449b3f475ecbee6cfb72e00a6d29.jpg
3579fb1b7972f5fb9ada3fd6016ab9e9.jpg
4992e42c872b2002fcd1f70dcec15b44.jpg
6892178fba723d4134ffd30205b029f4.jpg
939f3fcc4436268b4f7730edcccec22a.jpg
fee4a5f2e59b7130862bd6d403ea0006.jpg
c7e4ab96d454060a3308ca30a88a4d5c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back