Iron Studios 1/4 scale Spiderman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never thought that this statue will deliver. People are criticizing it as too odd of a pose and too busy of a base. After seeing this comparison pics I think IS just blew SS out of the park and I own the SS one. The color is more crisp on the IS. The head is very comic like. The pose is very dynamic and the base is really where it kills it. This statue actually gives you kinda 3D like effect so to speak. Kudos to IS giving us a solid classic Spidey. Now its time to pull the trigger on this piece. Good thing hes not sold out.

Yeah they'll be more pics today guys I'm sure of it. But yeah the red paint color is more of the right shade where as the Sideshow one has an orange tint. The webbing on Sideshow's looks better though. The Iron Studios one is like solid white like the Kotobukiya webbing. It stands pretty sturdy. No wobbling. Like I said if it wasn't for mine having the pumpkin bomb piece broken off I'd be ecstatic but instead I'm just happy.

Also I should mention that the stairs and handrail are plastic, if that bothers anyone. It looks completely fine though being plastic. The blue part of the suit has a rough texture. The end of the tentacle connects with a magnet and the red light is pretty bright. The weight is decent it's at least as heavy as the Sideshow Spidey.

The paint on Spider-Man in the picture pops way more on the iron studios one. Is that true live?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I called SS today and they told me it's still not in there warehouse lol but will arrive any day. They said they will send an email if it is delayed longer.

It took me a long time to set up. My pumpkin bombs broken off too. So that sucks. That should've gone in with a peg. My light works though so there's a positive. First pics are a lot of pressure but I'll take one.

And did you say light up? Didn't know it came with one.

And just how many pieces does this statue come in?

When you take more pictures if you could take one with the light on woukd be appreciated

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Also I should mention that the stairs and handrail are plastic, if that bothers anyone. It looks completely fine though being plastic. The blue part of the suit has a rough texture. The end of the tentacle connects with a magnet and the red light is pretty bright. The weight is decent it's at least as heavy as the Sideshow Spidey.

Just noticed there is a detolf in your picture. Does the statue fit in there if you remove one of the shelves?

Had a feeling alot of the base would be made out of some sort of plastic, given how thin and intricate parts of the base are. I imagine it would be extremely tough to manufacture out of polystone. Though I am surprised the stairs and handrail are the only plastic parts.

Well the glass and sign are also plastic or some form of it. It's actually better that way though I think otherwise most likely there would be some pegs on some parts that wouldn't line up. Cause there's a lot of parts. It comes with instructions and also like an art print which is a nice bonus. It's more of like a mini poster. Here's one more pic with the light on. Kinda the best I can do since like I said my pumpkin bomb is broken off and this pic has Spidey's body covering it.
image_zpsyww3euei.jpeg

Alright it took me forever but here's one. They'll be much more detailed pics from us other California collectors pretty soon I'm sure lol. Just patience
image_zpsfxnmiyv6.jpeg

Wow looks great, colours do pop more on IS piece. You should still try contact sideshow to get some kinda compensation for the pumpkin, sucks not having it complete, and takes away from your feelings of it satisfying you.

Also it stands just fine without the stairs if you wanted to display it that way. They're a separate piece.

Is the window structure Polystone or plastic, what is actually polystone on that base? not that it makes any difference to how great this looks

Back