Iron Studios - 1:4 movie Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I totally get that for you and everyone else who loved CW, these pieces here are perfect. I liked CW but out of all the Cap movies it's my least favourite and I do have a lot of issues with it. So when I get these statues, I'm not gonna think of that amazing movie that I loved so so much and that I could watch over and over again (like TWS) but of that movie that was cool and enjoyable but ultimately had me a tad bit disappointed. The "standout piece of film history" as you put it, to me isn't CW, it's TWS. But that's just a matter of personal taste. ^^ I'll still enjoy the statues, believe me, and I can't wait to get CW Bucky and Steve and will treasure them but if they had been from TWS, they had have a much bigger impact for me personally. I don't buy them for the movie, I buy them for the characters. :)

Understand! And I think TWS as "standout film history" as well - watching the CW featurettes and listening to Kevin Feige - it took me a bit of really thinking to "get" just what a game-changer TWS was, if I think about the overall tone compared to the rest of the MCU. One thing that makes me a bit sad is that for both TWS and CW, I'll never have the experience again of seeing them for the first - or even the second time. But I love that IS has put out such stellar pieces re CW at least (and for Ultron) - and I think I'll re-watch TWS again tonight.:monkey3

I just ordered this guy. Can't wait to see what Iron Studios produces. This is my first from them.

Really hope you have an issue-free piece - seems like lots of happy customers. Truly is beautifully done - which is a relief, because it took me a while to take the plunge with IS and the cost too$$$$$ but am so very happy now.

I'd love a Wanda, a Black Widow, and (my #1 1/4 Iron Studios request) a 1/4 Dr. Strange Cumberbatch. Hope they can do some of these characters.

If they did a Black Widow that measured up to the Civil War pieces, I think I might lose my mind... please IS, please release a Black Widow!
:panic:

Few pics... these Iron Studio's pieces are just pure awesome!!!

View attachment 340880

View attachment 340881

View attachment 340882
Holy molly, these pics are gorgeous! :love Absolutely amazing shots!

If they did a Black Widow that measured up to the Civil War pieces, I think I might lose my mind... please IS, please release a Black Widow!
:panic:
Yeah, Nat would be great too. If they did her and Wanda, I'd get both. *_* As longvas they don't screw up the faces that is.

I totally get that for you and everyone else who loved CW, these pieces here are perfect. I liked CW but out of all the Cap movies it's my least favourite and I do have a lot of issues with it. So when I get these statues, I'm not gonna think of that amazing movie that I loved so so much and that I could watch over and over again (like TWS) but of that movie that was cool and enjoyable but ultimately had me a tad bit disappointed. The "standout piece of film history" as you put it, to me isn't CW, it's TWS. But that's just a matter of personal taste. ^^ I'll still enjoy the statues, believe me, and I can't wait to get CW Bucky and Steve and will treasure them but if they had been from TWS, they had have a much bigger impact for me personally. I don't buy them for the movie, I buy them for the characters. :)

I never thought I would see someone that preferred TWS better than CW like me. I'm 100% behind you. To me The Winter Soldier had more mystery to everything. It didn't cross the line i.e. Getting jumbled so much that you forget your watching Captain America and not The Avengers.

I loved The Winter Soldier Bucky the best. The stand out for me was Black Panther and Bucky in Cival War. I'm not really into movie statues at all. But this IS line is mint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never thought I would see someone that preferred TWS better than CW like me. I'm 100% behind you. To me The Winter Soldier had more mystery to everything. It didn't cross the line i.e. Getting jumbled so much that you forget your watching Captain America and not The Avengers.

I loved The Winter Soldier Bucky the best. The stand out for me was Black Panther and Bucky in Cival War. I'm not really into movie statues at all. But this IS line is mint.

Really? I see loads of people that prefer TWS and the majority of people ranking MCU movies still has it as #1. To me none of the other movies has come close yet, well maybe GotG but it's just a very very different kind of movie and I totally understand why people would name that one as their fave. I mean, I get why people love CW too and so did I the 1st and 2nd time I watched it. But at the 3rd viewing I noticed all the flaws and it ultimately left me very disappointed, especially coz I have watched TWS over 10 times by now and it just gets better and better. I never feel like it drags, it's just so good. So much potential for the final Cap movie ... -_- I still think the movie would have been so much better if they had just used Cap, WS and BP as the main conflict (with Zemo pulling the strings in the same way) and Sam and Nat/Sharon as support. Coz really, that entire scene in Bucharest and the chase was brilliant. They could have introduced the accords and ultimately have done Avengers Civil War. Sorry for drifting off ... XD

I really hope IS gives us more of these awesome 1/4 pieces in the future and that they improve their quality control even more. But seeing how there haven't been any huge flaws reported with WS here yet, I'm very optimistic that I'll get a stellar piece too. If only the wait wasn't so horrible. XD But please guys, keep posting these awesome pics so I got something to stare at while I'm waiting for June to come here ...

1) Well, for anyone who wants to order from SSC, as of today they're listing him as "almost sold out" - no doubt to the in-hand pics and good reviews on Insta, FB, etc.

2) Re:
That's how I feel - maybe painters/artists could make a more informed opinion - but this is production work and IMO still looks stellar - for me I'd think the next step up would be custom work $$$$$. Congrats on two gorgeous pieces (I mean four).

"I'm an artist by trade, if that helps qualify my opinion But you're right, to improve these pieces would require custom work; a painter working JUST on the one piece for a number of hours, rather than needing to divide his time between 400 pieces. "

Does to me! Watching YT vids of custom 1/6 painters - since I can't paint - how an artist knows where to shade and tone, mixing colors - all by instinct I guess. Because "playing" w. this Bucky re the face - first time I noticed w. this kind of piece, it's how a sculpt looks inches away, from a foot away, across a room - that's all sculpt and paint. How the piece looks in different lighting, and different angles - because this portrait seems to have subtle shifts in expression depending on the angle. Huge respect for a good artist and IMO Iron Studios completely nailed it w. a full portrait in production - be interesting to see IM!

I really hope IS gives us more of these awesome 1/4 pieces in the future and that they improve their quality control even more. But seeing how there haven't been any huge flaws reported with WS here yet, I'm very optimistic that I'll get a stellar piece too. If only the wait wasn't so horrible. XD But please guys, keep posting these awesome pics so I got something to stare at while I'm waiting for June to come here ...

LOL Trashcat think these are my last cell pics:google - but you're gonna owe when the time comes:cool:. 'Coz you did those beautiful pics of HT Scarlet Witch and IS's Cap. And noticed with Bucky here - because the hair doesn't lay flat against his face, there's interesting light/shadow fall and he also seems to change expression depending on viewing angle:love. IMO a good photographer playing w. angles and lights could have a lot of fun.

But for you:cool:, a few more shots of Bucky #2 on the Hemnes desk unit. LOL the bloody Hemnes desk unit is partly at fault for me having two Buckys:lol. He was only parked up there as a temporary safe place, but he looked so good above the computer and fit so well, I just couldn't NOT have him up there.:love

Waiting on Cap....:lol

IronStudios_wintersoldier_POPCap1.jpg

IronStudios_wintersoldier_POPCap2.jpg

IronStudios_wintersoldier_POPCap3.jpg

Bucky #1 left, #2 right. Subtly different but overall consistent....:love amazing production work.

IronStudios_wintersoldier_Buckyduo1.jpg

IronStudios_wintersoldier_Buckyduo2.jpg

LOL my version of "the twins". Hope all those waiting get him in hand soon - yep - I felt Bucky's thigh up. Yes I did:devil. The "thighs of betrayal" feel like cloth under your hands, you can see the moire patterns in the jacket, there's subtle shading in the face, the boots look like - well, leather boots w. dirt on them, I think they used real zippers somehow, even the metallic textures are awesome. These are dream pieces IMO worth every penney.:clap

lol Sassafras, keep 'em coming! :lol I need something to sweeten the wait for this beauty. :lol

I love taking pics of my figures but the IS statues are a bit difficult imo. :lol They're so big and heavy that I can't just go "oh nice, the sun is out! let's take this figure outside and take a few shots." XD It's more like today where I went "omg, so nice weather! need to take IS Cap outside and take some more pics" *moves furniture around in order to place him just right and is already exhausted* *thinks about taking him apart coz he's too heavy and I'm too small and weak to carry him like that* "well ... maybe tomorrow" XD

I hope I like Buck on my Hemnes. If not, I might even have to think about getting a shelf just for him and Cap and that's something my bf would probably not like ... XD

Popcultcha has about 6 pieces left of the Falcon, but they're out of stock on Bucky. And they've always sold Falcon for $1,199.99 AUD, that hasn't changed. But they did increase the price on Black Panther not long after it came into stock.

I don't really know if they check before shipping, but I do know that they do that for local full replacements.

My bad re Falcon price - I didn't check my invoice and there's some mental blur re loosely trying to re-calculate - in my head - what I paid in USD vs. what I see in AUS dollars. They sold their WS stock out? LOL glad I jumped on him at Pop - compulsive, but definitely NOT sorry.

If there's any Falcon left IMO it's coz of his size re the wings or the price - but IMO if any way possible Falcon is worth making room for:love. Might have been pricey, but for me looking Falcon over it was more of a feeling of "OMG!!!!!!! I can't believe this piece!!!!!" I mean, you pretty much forget about the money because you're too busy getting your jaw off the floor.:lol

And seeing Bucky and Falcon side by side in person - it's just....:yess::clap:thud::thud::thud:

lol Sassafras, keep 'em coming! :lol I need something to sweeten the wait for this beauty. :lol

I love taking pics of my figures but the IS statues are a bit difficult imo. :lol They're so big and heavy that I can't just go "oh nice, the sun is out! let's take this figure outside and take a few shots." XD It's more like today where I went "omg, so nice weather! need to take IS Cap outside and take some more pics" *moves furniture around in order to place him just right and is already exhausted* *thinks about taking him apart coz he's too heavy and I'm too small and weak to carry him like that* "well ... maybe tomorrow" XD

I hope I like Buck on my Hemnes. If not, I might even have to think about getting a shelf just for him and Cap and that's something my bf would probably not like ... XD

Too, too true about the weight of these guys! Don't think of myself as particularly weak, but I have to be caffeined up and in the right mood to move these pieces - I've lifted Bucky and BP up onto the Hemnes unit assembled - which IMO is better because of the angle the foot goes into the base - but I hafta kinda mentally prepare, srsly:horror. IMO for me what's best is to dis-assemble before moving, and I wrap the figs up in towels and carry them like babies. And while stable - Bucky only has one foot peg (tho a good sturdy one) and one fall with him - OMG.:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

But I hope you like WS on your Hemnes too! IMO, it's like he was MADE for it - because of the position of the head, seems to be best for me to be looking up at him:cool:. Kind of a bummer that my final planned display will be more toward the floor. Hmm - well, other things....

IronStudios_wintersoldier_BuckyFalcon.jpg

Won't say that Falcon isn't *glorious* because he IS:love. But for those pacing themselves - well, this is a "beefy" set. This pic is a temporary "safe spot" on a chest that is 33" x 19" and with a small cabinet up there too, there's no room for Falcon's wings. He's heavy and takes some space + the wings angle backward.
And Cap will add more width. I'm better off than some being a nube collector who happens to have some chunky furniture, but it's something to consider (not that it isn't worth making room for Falcon if you can....:love).

I'm sorry for anyone who has to wait:(:(:( - it's been a wait for these pieces - since last summer at least! But can honestly say far it really IS worth the wait:clap - I'll never forget opening up my first IS piece Black Panther and just being completely AWED by the presence and quality:love. And WS was my most-most wanted so it was kind of nerve-wracking LOL.:horror

PS. You can see the jacket snaps and clips at the neck. There are snaps at his wrist too. See the padding and stitching of the gloves. It's mind-boggling IMO :blissy

With an edition size of only 350, he may be all gone forever.

Though I wonder how many were actually shipped outside of Brazil, as there hasn't been too much traffic of this thread. At least on this site.

Though I wonder how many were actually shipped outside of Brazil, as there hasn't been too much traffic of this thread. At least on this site.

Bound to happen sooner or later!

Mine arrives next week! I'll post photos for everyone.

At the moment, Midtown Comics U.S. still has him listed. And Secret Compass.

Re thread traffic/sales, suspect a lot of factors in play - IS never did have a huge campaign on these pieces (outside of Brazil, anyway); customer wariness after Spidey; character outfit is more "quiet" and doesn't have the "coolness" factor of something like WM, IMO even the studio proto art didn't get across how good this piece is.

Then you get these pieces in hand and it's *freaky* how good they are:horror. IMO IS pulled off something amazing w. sculpt and paint (get inches away from Bucky's face in bright light and you can see subtle speckling and washes in the skin - it's not just flat paint). Then throw in detail perfection and a pose w. movement. :love

Personally was SO worried about the $$$$$ I was spending way back and was definitely not expecting the quality I ended up with.
:blissy:blissy:blissy

I think I'm in love.

LOL I've thought that, looking at this piece. Can you fall in love with a statue LOL:cool:? Nice video:). I don't know if the base is hollow - I didn't think so, thought it was just plastic facing (to keep the rocky edges consistent/stable) over poly...I mean, these are heavy pieces IMO. So far I think my BP is the heaviest all-around.

Congrats on a beautiful WS!:clap:) Cell pic:monkey3, but.....

IS_Bucky_Falcon.jpg

So badass:cool:. Especially when I get things properly set up w. wings. Hope you get a great Falcon, because he's spectacular. All these pieces may be - pics don't do justice IMO.

I can't stop staring at him.

Great pictures! And I understand. I really do. I mean, it took me a while to put BP in a safe spot. Then it was Falcon. I just wanted the pieces near me so I could look at them. Then I couldn't NOT have WS near. At least, for me, these are my first IS pieces and first polys of this kind. They're so "rich" - don't know the right word. It's like I can't get past owning something like this. Maybe long-term collectors are calmer.:monkey3

And WS' sculpt/paint is IMO stunning - the line of the jaw, nose, etc. The whole concept. "Exquisite" isn't the right word because the sculpts are too strong - remarkable?
Good thing I didn't see these in-hand in a crowded store, would have been running folks over with my cart.:devil

Buckyred.jpg

Now I'm SPOILED:monkey3. Just give me another Iron Studios 1/4 (or 1/3:monkey3) Winter Soldier in assassin mode - Infinity War, Winter Soldier, whatever. The sculpt is already there....greased eyes and badassery. And a perfect Cap. That's not too much to ask for????:pray:

Back