Iron Studios - 1:4 movie Winter Soldier

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Winter Soldier just shipped! Can't wait. Now the big decision - do I try to get Falcon (at a steep price and knowing my available space is scarce) OR do I just get Captain America and go with a mini 2-person diorama? All of these awesome pictures of Falcon are making the decision tough.
I'd say, ask your wallet! :D If I'd order Falcon too, it would probably throw itself out of the next window so ...

Nah you gotta get Falcon it's a masterpiece! Can't believe there are not any video reviews up on him. But at least the pictures speak for themselves. Bucky looks solid also. Both stand out pieces
Aaaah~ stop tempting me!! XD I know, he looks so damn gorgeous! But really, I can't justify spending that much on Sam, even though I really like him. See, he's like 1,100€ here. That's almost a month's wage. Now, if I were a huge fan, that would be a different story but like this ... sorry Sam. T_T He rocks but his HT has to do.

I already spent a decent amount on Iron Studio's 1/4 AoU Cap that totally wasn't planned so I gotta stay focused ... stick to the plan. XD Cap and WS only. Well, strictly speaking, I am getting Scotty too. Yay! XD

Winter Soldier just shipped! Can't wait. Now the big decision - do I try to get Falcon (at a steep price and knowing my available space is scarce) OR do I just get Captain America and go with a mini 2-person diorama? All of these awesome pictures of Falcon are making the decision tough.

Do it, do it...you know you want to, Falcon will never be made again like this and there's VERTICAL SPACE, he's awesome, Precioussssssssss:devil

IS_livestream.jpg

:lol

Do it, do it...you know you want to, Falcon will never be made again like this and there's VERTICAL SPACE, he's awesome, Precioussssssssss:devil

View attachment 340706

:lol

Oh man, that picture is giving me anxiety XD Fortunately I'm in the process of designing my new office, so I'm specifically designing with my collection in mind. Still, I'm in for all six of these, and want to display them facing off, and it is such a huge footprint. XD

That's some set. So tempting to get the rest and call it a day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha - that's the spirit!:rock2 Keep it simple...and in theory you'll be able to add Thor etc. to the set one day - in theory.:monkey3

Meanwhile, my Bucky #2 is trapped at the next town over *maddening* plz let him be perfect, plz let him be perfect - I've gotten used to perfection:panic:

Photo credit:Noah Hunter

IronSudios_BlackPantherWinterSoldierFalcon_NoahHunter.jpg

Can't even imagine how cool Cap is gonna be...:impatient:

Does anyone know who might make or where to purchase an alternate head sculpt for this figure that would have him with his mask and goggle? I would love to have that!

image.jpg

My wallet's telling me no but I think I'll at least wait until I get Bucky to see how it looks.
Yeah that's probably the best way to go.

If I'd only collect a few figures here and there, I'd totally get Falcon and BP too to be honest but I got 6 Detolfs filled with figures and more coming so I need to prioritise. ^^

Does anyone know who might make or where to purchase an alternate head sculpt for this figure that would have him with his mask and goggle? I would love to have that!

Thought One Sixth Warriors used to have a list of artists. You can check Deviant Art too. It'd cost yah plus this WS has a collar that the hair fits over in a certain way - IMO you'd really have to know what you were doing and trust the artist $$$$$

Or there's FAKING IT mockup:

Mock_wintersoldier.jpg

Always thought XM's/comic book Darkness looked suspiciously like film Bucky LOL:cool:. E.g. spend hundreds? thousands? and mod up two different sculpts. Sounds like a dicey job to me.

Very cool:cool:, tho I do like the CW version re being able to see who it is. I think I'm just going to send a *pathetic* begging email to IS instead, tho maybe they can't do an assassin 1/4 Bucky because I thought SSC was going to do a Winter Soldier 1/4 a while back, along with the SSC Cap, and SSC just never did it. Which MAY mean SSC has the 1/4 film Winter Soldier license - maybe. If so, I wish SSC would sell it if they are never going to do anything:( and seems like there were a lot of problems w. their WS Cap too.

Last edited:
Thought One Sixth Warriors used to have a list of artists. You can check Deviant Art too. It'd cost yah plus this WS has a collar that the hair fits over in a certain way - IMO you'd really have to know what you were doing and trust the artist $$$$$

Or there's FAKING IT mockup:

View attachment 340838

Always thought XM's/comic book Darkness looked suspiciously like film Bucky LOL:cool:. E.g. spend hundreds? thousands? and mod up two different pieces sculpts. Sounds like a dicey job to me.

Very cool:cool:, tho I do like the CW version re being able to see who it is. I think I'm just going to send a *pathetic* begging email to IS instead, tho maybe they can't do an assassin 1/4 Bucky because I thought SSC was going to do a Winter Soldier 1/4 a while back, along with the SSC Cap, and SSC just never did it. Which MAY mean SSC has the 1/4 film Winter Soldier license - maybe. If so, I wish SSC would sell it if they are never going to do anything:( and seems like there were a lot of problems w. their WS Cap too.

WOW! LOVE your mock up! It would be cool to have that sculpt as well (at a reasonable price of course).

I just ordered this guy. Can't wait to see what Iron Studios produces. This is my first from them.

WOW! LOVE your mock up! It would be cool to have that sculpt as well (at a reasonable price of course).

Thank you very much:)! Playing around w. a picture of XM's Darkness and WS (maybe Lobo would work as well...) - LOL it's just kinda more maddening:google - now there's this great IS 1/4 WS and w. just a few tweaks IMO we could get a great assassin Bucky too. I'd want both CW and WS versions:drool

If I could choose between 1/4 statues for CW or TWS, I'd pick the latter any day of the week. Imo, the best MCU movie so far and I'd have loved to have that represented in some 1/4 statues. Damn, what an amazing diorama IS could have made for that movie ... :drool oh well, better not to dwell on that. ^^ I take what I can get and the CW one turned out amazing so I'm not too bitter. I'm real happy they decided to go with Bucky, Sam and T'Challa here although I can't help wishing they had done Wanda too. ;__; Maybe we get her for Infinity War.

If I could choose between 1/4 statues for CW or TWS, I'd pick the latter any day of the week. Imo, the best MCU movie so far and I'd have loved to have that represented in some 1/4 statues. Damn, what an amazing diorama IS could have made for that movie ... :drool oh well, better not to dwell on that. ^^ I take what I can get and the CW one turned out amazing so I'm not too bitter. I'm real happy they decided to go with Bucky, Sam and T'Challa here although I can't help wishing they had done Wanda too. ;__; Maybe we get her for Infinity War.

Honestly having CW Bucky in hand - I wouldn't want to make that choice:horror. OMG. There's the *timeless* badassery of assassin-Bucky but so much of his face is covered:love - I'd want switchouts w. "eyegrease" Bucky and an arsenal of switchout weapons (and maybe the shield too like the 1/10).

Love CW and WS films both and this CW Bucky is just so d*mn good IMO:love. Beautiful sculpt, can stand alone or mix w. other pieces, all these CW dio pieces IMO are beautiful artistic interpretations of a movie I feel pretty emotional about. Like owning gorgeous moments of a standout piece of film history.

LOL agree probably best for me not to dwell on what SSC did w. WS Cap and didn't even make Bucky:(. But if IS ever did a 1/6, 1/5, 1/4, 1/3 WS Bucky I wouldn't be able to get the card out fast enough:lol. Wish they had done some kind of Wanda too - am hopeful for IW 'coz I know IS did get some kind of Thor license, so hope they will be getting more Marvel licenses.:dunno

Honestly having CW Bucky in hand - I wouldn't want to make that choice:horror. OMG. There's the *timeless* badassery of assassin-Bucky but so much of his face is covered:love - I'd want switchouts w. "eyegrease" Bucky and an arsenal of switchout weapons (and maybe the shield too like the 1/10).

Love CW and WS films both and this CW Bucky is just so d*mn good IMO:love. Beautiful sculpt, can stand alone or mix w. other pieces, all these CW dio pieces IMO are beautiful artistic interpretations of a movie I feel pretty emotional about. Like owning gorgeous moments of a standout piece of film history.

LOL agree probably best for me not to dwell on what SSC did w. WS Cap and didn't even make Bucky:(. But if IS ever did a 1/6, 1/5, 1/4, 1/3 WS Bucky I wouldn't be able to get the card out fast enough:lol. Wish they had done some kind of Wanda too - am hopeful for IW 'coz I know IS did get some kind of Thor license, so hope they will be getting more Marvel licenses.:dunno
I totally get that for you and everyone else who loved CW, these pieces here are perfect. I liked CW but out of all the Cap movies it's my least favourite and I do have a lot of issues with it. So when I get these statues, I'm not gonna think of that amazing movie that I loved so so much and that I could watch over and over again (like TWS) but of that movie that was cool and enjoyable but ultimately had me a tad bit disappointed. The "standout piece of film history" as you put it, to me isn't CW, it's TWS. But that's just a matter of personal taste. ^^ I'll still enjoy the statues, believe me, and I can't wait to get CW Bucky and Steve and will treasure them but if they had been from TWS, they had have a much bigger impact for me personally. I don't buy them for the movie, I buy them for the characters. :)

Few pics... these Iron Studio's pieces are just pure awesome!!!

Really enjoy your pics!:clap And looks like another beautifully done WS - agree these IS pieces have been mind-blowing but unfortunately think I am SPOILED now.:lol

I'll match you I think, BUT...
*shockingly* I discovered some FLAWS on Bucky #2 who showed up today....

Well, OK, I know issues aren't funny:( - they are many BAD things, a lot of stress, disappointment, and so on:(. But re fair disclosure re my Bucky #2 - so Bucky #1 was utterly flawless. Re Bucky #2 there were a few things - but, I mean, you have to really squint and pick over the piece from inches away.

1) There was a TINY bobble re the upper eye paint line of one eye, and a TINY bit of slop re some black and pink in the outer eye corner - I do mean tiny under inches away in bright light. Tiny as in speck.:cuckoo:
2) Right under the star looks like a dried water mark and looks like a bit of the black wash didn't take between the arm plates. (Under some lights you can't see it and I'll probably just buff. When I feel like it. Or not:cool:).
3) There is a pin-head size paint drip on the jacket front. Maybe it's glue. I can sand that if I want to be really compulsive. Or not.:lol

IronStudios_wintersoldier_paintdrip.jpg

IronStudios_wintersoldier_waterspot.jpg

I only post these to be completely honest about what I received. Oh, and there was some sort of tiny rattle in the torso, but then it stopped (and if there is any hollowness it doesn't seem like it, because the torso is heavy). No chips, misfitting, or weak magnets. Beautifully painted face that maybe has a bit more darkness? toning? than the first Bucky - if so it's subtle - haven't had a chance to get both side by side. Don't like moving these pieces once in place :horror it would kill me to break these.:horror

Attempted shots at details Bucky #2

IronStudios_wintersoldier_back.jpg

IronStudios_wintersoldier_neckdetail.jpg

IronStudios_wintersoldier_riflehand.jpg

Just beautifully done hands!:clap

IronStudios_wintersoldier_front.jpg

IronStudios_wintersoldier_side.jpg

He's GORGEOUS. Just gorgeous. I can breathe a sigh of relief until Cap ships :blissy

I'd love a Wanda, a Black Widow, and (my #1 1/4 Iron Studios request) a 1/4 Dr. Strange Cumberbatch. Hope they can do some of these characters.

Back