Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally! My review has finished uploading! I tried to be fairly thorough, and at the end of the video I run through every possible display combination of the arms as well. I'm giving this piece a solid 9/10.

Very good vid review.
This piece actually looks nice from different angles and those switch out left arms significantly change the feeling I get from the piece. Palm up gives me a feeling that he's preaching. Palm down shows he's being aggressive. Pointing gives the notion that he's pissed off!

Glad to see you got one without issues. Thanks for sharing.

The Lights are very bright
626450ce8ce2158813195d9d8482ae43.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

Nice!
I was waiting for a pic demonstrating just how bright the lights get. Thanks!

Great video Sisko! :clap
Can't wait for this to arrive tomorrow.

love the review Sisko, thanks a lot.

Thanks guys! :hi5:

Very good vid review.
This piece actually looks nice from different angles and those switch out left arms significantly change the feeling I get from the piece. Palm up gives me a feeling that he's preaching. Palm down shows he's being aggressive. Pointing gives the notion that he's pissed off!

Glad to see you got one without issues. Thanks for sharing.

Definitely, the different arms really change the piece up a lot. I ended up really liking quite a few of the switch out options.

People need to place these next to common objects so that we can get a sense of scale.

The belt/chestbox light activation hassle is a total fail.

I've also seen two now where the blade is in crooked.

People need to place these next to common objects so that we can get a sense of scale.

The belt/chestbox light activation hassle is a total fail.

I've also seen two now where the blade is in crooked.

Wasn't the Sideshow version pretty much the same?

Cool pics and videos!!!! Mine is out for delivery. Does this thing really not have magnets for the arms or head? This seriously concerns me. If just a pressure fit they will eventually get loose.

Cool pics and videos!!!! Mine is out for delivery. Does this thing really not have magnets for the arms or head? This seriously concerns me. If just a pressure fit they will eventually get loose.
The left arm has a magnet which I saw on a video but wasn't paying attention to the other appendages. :lol

The left arm has a magnet which I saw on a video but wasn't paying attention to the other appendages. :lol

Hopefully right arm has one also; however, someone posted theirs fell out and broke. Don't care about the head too much...gravity kinda helps hold it. lol

So does anyone have an opinion if this piece is slightly oversized?

As I've got quite a few 1/4 Iron Studio pieces and a few imo are a bit big.

DAMN!!!
This one is a MONSTER!!!!

View attachment 375091

This pic makes me very happy that I didn't jump on the SS Vader and waited. The IS version just looks so much more menacing to me and the wrinkling and details of his suit seem much better executed. IMO, the suit on the SS version is too skin tight, especially in the legs.

Obviously the IS version is more expensive, but the increase in quality and flexibility in poses seems to far offset the price difference. Like others, I wish the electronics had been executed a little better. I guess I'll just have to do some engineering to eliminate the need for battery replacement...

Back