Iron Studios 1/4 Darth Vader

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even largest prop replica ever undertaken for the mass market was once sold for much under its price. And of course there will be another Vader. All that needs is to be better than this one, as for now this seems to be the best there is.

None of that is in dispute and is what I've been saying all along....

I missed my chance at owning the IS. I'm not willing to pay current aftermarket asking prices and am prepared to wait for the next one, whenever that may be.

Look constantly on the sales section here and on FB groups, there might be chances to get it for a good price. I managed to get various items under ebay prices from collectors

For those still looking, there's one up on eBay with $700ish buy it now. Has very minor "issues" that are all easily fixable.

None of that is in dispute and is what I've been saying all along....

I missed my chance at owning the IS. I'm not willing to pay current aftermarket asking prices and am prepared to wait for the next one, whenever that may be.

Good luck, but you might miss out on years of enjoyment waiting for something that may never come(or when it does will be much more $$$)

Man I tried selling mine for close to retail for months and nobody really cared on here or on facebook except for some numbnuts that led me on for a bit.

Oh well I’m keeping mine...its almost a majestic pieces yet somehow subdued. Love it. Its a great centerpiece type statue

604d612cc8f169fb09164b347dcb08ce.jpg

Man I tried selling mine for close to retail for months and nobody really cared on here or on facebook except for some numbnuts that led me on for a bit.
I can't understand it either, you'd think it would have doubled by now given how well it turned out and the low(for a vader) ES. Not that i'd sell mine either way, but just seems off given the market appeal and quality.

I don't really care if a collectible piece doubles in value. I don't collect these as investments, there are better options out there for investing you money into, I collect these items because I like them. And I'm always glad when a true collector manages to get a piece for a nice price instead of scalper/flipper price.

I don't really care if a collectible piece doubles in value. I don't collect these as investments, there are better options out there for investing you money into, I collect these items because I like them. And I'm always glad when a true collector manages to get a piece for a nice price instead of scalper/flipper price.

Why does someone always feel the need to post something like them whenever statue value is mentioned?

Why does someone always feel the need to post something like them whenever statue value is mentioned?

For the same reason someone feels the need to post something about raising the value of a collectible, even thinking it would double by now. And BTW if you don't like my posts, there is the ignore button, make a use of it. :wink1:

I can't understand it either, you'd think it would have doubled by now given how well it turned out and the low(for a vader) ES. Not that i'd sell mine either way, but just seems off given the market appeal and quality.

The market is flooded with statues right now... People have pre-orders up the wazoo.... because of that, interest in used/older statues is going to drop off making it harder to sell something... plus I believe Sideshow has released like 3 1:4 Darth Vader's over the last several years so Star Wars collectors who don't already have a Vader is going to be small..

I think if Iron Studios would of gone with a flowing sculpted cape it might of convince some with the mix media Vader's to sell their old ones to get this one... I really hate this one has a wrinkly mix media cape... it's a pain in the ass to pose it.... the only flaw in this statue IMO...

For the same reason someone feels the need to post something about raising the value of a collectible, even thinking it would double by now. And BTW if you don't like my posts, there is the ignore button, make a use of it. :wink1:
Value is something many people care about, it's not always about reselling. I am just tired of hearing a condescending opinion about why value isn't important whenever it comes up. And just FYI, it had doubled there for a while, just didn't sustain for very long, though I fully expect it to again.

The market is flooded with statues right now... People have pre-orders up the wazoo.... because of that, interest in used/older statues is going to drop off making it harder to sell something... plus I believe Sideshow has released like 3 1:4 Darth Vader's over the last several years so Star Wars collectors who don't already have a Vader is going to be small..

I think if Iron Studios would of gone with a flowing sculpted cape it might of convince some with the mix media Vader's to sell their old ones to get this one... I really hate this one has a wrinkly mix media cape... it's a pain in the ass to pose it.... the only flaw in this statue IMO...

True, but those SS pieces are not in the same league and there are a lot less of these to go around. I don't think a sculpted cape would make much difference either, some time and a little steam if needed and you are all set. If anything I think it ADDS appeal, as you can do so much with it more than a static sculpted one.

Value is something many people care about, it's not always about reselling. I am just tired of hearing a condescending opinion about why value isn't important whenever it comes up. And just FYI, it had doubled there for a while, just didn't sustain for very long, though I fully expect it to again.

I'm just as tired of people complaining about statues that don't increase in value.

Use a steamer for IS Vader's cape, it does wonders when posing it

Back