Statue Iron Patriot Quarter Scale Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the main issue with the paint is the worst areas are areas of focus...the head, the chest, etc. I have yet to see a nicely painted head and the silver and red around the arc reactor has looked very very poor on all the pics so far. Of course no one gets that close but I have statues from SSC that look good even up close. My mark VI definitely looks better up close than this. Just a shame they can't do the same quality anymore...

Yea I don't know why I had such close ups, I blame it on the iPhone :exactly: mines just like many others, paint bleeding all over with a few smudges thrown in. Even my gf who knows nothing about it said it looked sloppy when she first saw it

I also have pieces that I can examine closely that I purchased for less with no real major flaws. That should be no excuse.

We are a Yugioh TCG store; so statues are just for display. But they keep asking returning it? Why? It looks awesome and so on.

Maybe I should just secretly increase the price as a secret IP tax for their next purchase :)

:lol That's cool then. If you have it there just to bring joy to kids and they like it, then keep it.

Asking for a refund, the paint seem sloppy and the masks had scratches/scuffs all over plus some residue that looked like glue on places. Disappointed, im going to try to cancel my other iron man order as well, no more pre ordering for me. Here are some pics ...

17274174386_ae7f2a62f9_o.jpg

17112592330_3290679cf8_o.jpg

17299666071_35b98d6729_o.jpg

17298303842_023c5aeb34_o.jpg

17274174556_a410547665_o.jpg

17299662271_99bbb2271d_o.jpg

17112587790_733b31deab_o.jpg

Yikes. Sorry man, that's terrible.

The QC guy was too busy playing Galaga.

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

Whats with all the extreme, near microscopic close up photos guys?
I mean yea there are some paint issues but do we all get that close to our statues?
Just wondering cause I can get a magnifying glass too and find fault at 100% of any statue I own, no matter what company you name it!

Near microscopic isn't a foot away Alex. I appreciate what you're saying but when I compare these pictures at this distance to any Iron Man statue I own by SSC or any other company - this looks amateur at best.

If you honestly enjoyed this end product I don't think you'd feel the need to repaint it yourself to get it up to your standards.

I think the main issue with the paint is the worst areas are areas of focus...the head, the chest, etc. I have yet to see a nicely painted head and the silver and red around the arc reactor has looked very very poor on all the pics so far. Of course no one gets that close but I have statues from SSC that look good even up close. My mark VI definitely looks better up close than this. Just a shame they can't do the same quality anymore...

I also have pieces that I can examine closely that I purchased for less with no real major flaws. That should be no excuse.

:exactly: :goodpost:

Gosh that one on this page above from Game God 2 is so bad!
I would give that one back too!

Yeah, so I just ask sac to give me a gift card, the kids really like it, keep playing with the light :)

I am glad I canceled it a while back. Looks really bad IMO... I'm sticking with Hot Toys for now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get it. I assume they don't even have a QC section anymore? I'm definitely not ordering anymore SS stuff until the final product comes out. Not worth the pain and money. I'm amazed Gamegod you weren't swearing your head off. Definitely sticking with Hot Toys Mark 43 now.

Whats with all the extreme, near microscopic close up photos guys?
I mean yea there are some paint issues but do we all get that close to our statues?
Just wondering cause I can get a magnifying glass too and find fault at 100% of any statue I own, no matter what company you name it!

Maybe because cameras have nowhere near the resolution of the Human eye, and in order to show details in a photo that you can easily see in person, you need to zoom in to the area. I have plenty of statues that have so so paint apps, none of them look anywhere near as bad as these when I take close up pictures.

While I can understand the need for some to defend the paint on this, I just don't know how you guys justify this as acceptable. I see $15 transformers with cleaner paintjobs. $30 mcfarlane toys with better paintjobs. $15 disney infinity toys with better paintjobs. And don't tell me that you can't compare because those are painted by machine, or painted on a different material, or whatever. As a customer paying $400 that argument goes out the door and makes no sense. The point is that there are uber cheap TOYS that have better paint applications than a $400 high end collectible statue! I am not bashing sideshow, I want them to get better and see how bad things have gotten. I want to continue to buy their products and know that I am getting something close to what I believe I paid for. If the factories they use are so bad that they get this kind of paint from them, SWITCH FACTORIES.

Back