Statue Iron Patriot Quarter Scale Maquette by Sideshow Collectibles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find your lack of faith disturbing!

Trust me, I am a fanboy through and through but what I saw at SDCC was just very disappointing. The intro of these new maquettes had me PSYCHED. I POed IP right away and have been chomping at the bit to PO mark 42...literally had him set up in my cart like a dozen times but just kept waiting for the right coupon or deal etc. I actually got a nice credit from my j scott campbell spidey and was gonna use that...then I went to SDCC and saw mark 42 and mark II in person...ugh, my heart dropped bro...i just can't tell you how disappointed I was esp since I wanted to love the mark 42!! I hope they see the criticism and make adjustments...if they do, I will be back on the bandwagon for sure! I'm keeping IP cuz I really like it and want to see a painted production piece before passing judgement. I REALLY pray the future maquettes are more metallic. I just want them to match the paint quality on the mark VI and WM maquettes. They had some QC issues but the paints looked really nice. That's all I ask for!!!

I can't see this statue selling out due to the lack of wrist weapon. Sad because its a awesome statue.

I caved in last night and ordered it. Looks like there is less than 50 remaining. I know SS always does this and it is a good business tactic but did not want to risk it in case of selling out.

I haven't seen any new pictures or videos on this figure, was this even displayed at SDCC? I know they had Mark 42 at the Con but I don't recall seeing the Patriot.

Just hoping for a great paint app. I wanted to see in hand pictures before i purchased this but looks like this might be sold out pretty soon.

I caved in last night and ordered it. Looks like there is less than 50 remaining. I know SS always does this and it is a good business tactic but did not want to risk it in case of selling out.

I haven't seen any new pictures or videos on this figure, was this even displayed at SDCC? I know they had Mark 42 at the Con but I don't recall seeing the Patriot.

Just hoping for a great paint app. I wanted to see in hand pictures before i purchased this but looks like this might be sold out pretty soon.

Nope, not at SDCC. I hope it's just because they wanted to show the mark II instead of the IP having a poor paint job. I will stick with my PO for this and pray they do a good job on the piant.

Welcome to SSF, ICEBERG!

Although he was not displayed at the Con, this pick was posted sometime ago by a fellow member.

Other than the invisible forearm weapon, he looks pretty awesome.

My beloved Iron Man and Iron Patriot :love Come to PAPA! :panic:

u9uru4yj.jpg

Welcome to SSF, ICEBERG!

Although he was not displayed at the Con, this pick was posted sometime ago by a fellow member.

Other than the invisible forearm weapon, he looks pretty awesome.

Thank's guys. I usually post at statueforums and come here time to time. But today i said why not register..:)

This is an awesome statue for sure. Just hope the paint app. comes out great. If this turns out like the one in the photo most people are going to kick themselves for not picking this up. I just didn't want to become one of those people kicking themselves.

Not sure if that is considered good business tactic :dunno

Same here. Hoping Sideshow nails the paint app. If the paint app comes out great on this one then I might order Mark II. Come on SS don't let me down. I am still waiting for Mark III and VII..

Andy, when I visit your Iron Man museum if the Mark VI Maquette is not there I'm filing a complaint with the owner :lecture

:lol I know Eric :( selling both those maquettes was a very difficult choice indeed, more so after I'd customised both of them :( however, if you knew what I sold them for in the end then I think you'd kind of understand ;) but I'm still hoping to one day recapture them both...albeit in the long distant future. So am I forgiven or was it still an epic fail? :lol

C03gba1.gif

Back