iron man warmachine mms120 or the diecast??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my pinion, Ironman needs to be made with "substance". Diecast gives a real feel of metal and toughness, while plastic is, well, just plastic. I have a Diecast WM, and I won't go back to plastic WM. In addition, maintenance is another key factor. Dusting paint on plastic is hard, while dusting paint off metal is simply EASY! I am getting a Mk3 and selling my plastic MK3. Just my personal opinion and preference.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

People acting like these " diecast"
figures are not mostly plastic.

i think diecast is maybe more real but if you display it somewhere you never see if its plastic or diecast

In my pinion, Ironman needs to be made with "substance". Diecast gives a real feel of metal and toughness, while plastic is, well, just plastic. I have a Diecast WM, and I won't go back to plastic WM. In addition, maintenance is another key factor. Dusting paint on plastic is hard, while dusting paint off metal is simply EASY! I am getting a Mk3 and selling my plastic MK3. Just my personal opinion and preference.

It's not as though there are two Mk I versions to choose from, one die-cast and one plastic though. Personally I'd never let material preference determine which suit I went with.

The whole Diecast thing is just another way to charge more money thats all. The biggest surprise anyone gets from picking up an Iron man is how light it is, thats because Hot Toys does such a good paint job that people belive it to be metal and are surprised it isn't. On display you can't tell one from another anyway so to reiterate diecast it's just a marketing ploy to get you to spend more money.

The whole Diecast thing is just another way to charge more money thats all. The biggest surprise anyone gets from picking up an Iron man is how light it is, thats because Hot Toys does such a good paint job that people belive it to be metal and are surprised it isn't. On display you can't tell one from another anyway so to reiterate diecast it's just a marketing ploy to get you to spend more money.

I bought mine WM @ $210 in HK and I think the regular one are close to that amount, $40 differences? I will say WM has about 70% Diecast materials, and I believe the Diecast is close to double the weight of a plastic version. Yes, is marketing, and it settles different collectors' wants.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Original WM all the way for me. Scored one in a packaged deal with Iron Monger about a month ago. Two of the best made HT figures ever. I really dislike the WM2.0 and IP designs. Hoping the Age of Ultron suit looks bulkier.

Back