Iron man up for preorder!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A very good point, Dave. I agree that a generic "arms at waist" super-hero pose would have been boring. I'm just trying to figure out why he would be in this present pose. Why would he be punching the ground?

It's definitely not a fighting pose, per se. Perhaps it's from a comicbook cover drawing. That would make more sense.

I wasn't sold until I saw it as well. My order is in!

Yet, I too think the pose is just a little over-the-top. Still, it's a fantastic piece.

I went ahead and placed an order for the exclusive. Not 110% sure I'll keep it but it's pretty freaking sweet.

This is one freaking sweet as hell statue! It looks absolutely beautiful! :drool
I'm a Iron Man fan, he's was my first favorite superhero, and the first comic I ever bought was an Iron Man comic. I haven't bought as many Iron Man comics in recent years, the writing just never interested me that much.
I have to have this statue, I just hope that by the time it ships I will have saved up enough to cover it's cost. (Bites nails)

As for why he's hitting the ground, maybe he just flew down and tried to punch a bad guy who just jumped out of his way? Makes sense to me.

Now I wonder if this is cool enough to get Ironman1188 to place an order for a Premium Format sized figure?

I think the "just landed" explanation is as good as any. Also a large number of mundane criminals and he's causing a mini-tremor to destabilize them all.

Fly and Fight it is indeed from a cover. The Invincible Iron Man 76 to be precise. The very same image by Adi Granov.

imc5ej.jpg

From the pics on the site, the armour looks very shiny. It is supposed to be like that? I thought his armour isnt glossy.

But to get that effect from polystone.. wow.

The Ugly Uruk said:
Fly and Fight it is indeed from a cover. The Invincible Iron Man 76 to be precise. The very same image by Adi Granov.

imc5ej.jpg

Thanks for the info, TUU!! Now it makes perfectly good sense.

EDIT: And I just pre-ordered the exclusive and got a hold of this same issue of the comicbook! I plan on framing it and hanging it next to the statue. Should look cool!

Last edited:
I don't care if the shininess is accurate to the outfit, it really sells this guy for me. I wasn't sure about it from just the comic pic, but the photos sold me.

Notice most of the Marvel figures are crouching in some way? Is this a very clever attempt to get them into sizes that can fit on standard shelves? Or did it just work out that way?

Bulls, seriously considering it even though I don't have the room for it. At 14 inches and in this pose no less! That's one big piece. The armour on this thing is amazing. At first it looked too me that he was skinny, especially in the legs. But it's really growing on me. And I'm not even that big a fan of IM. Tony always really annoyed me.:D
Fly&Fight: Nice idea! That will look cool together displayed.

Last edited:
I think this is a fantastic statue, and I'd love to own it, but my wife has said No, under no uncertain terms. Too many LOTR statues already, and she's worried what will happen if I start collecting another line. I tried convincing her that I could keep a Marvel collection to just 4 or 5 characters, but she doesn't believe me (and she's probably right).

Oh well, maybe later in life. For those who get it, enjoy. Looks amazing. I'd love to frame the comic and hang that above the statue.

shaithis77 said:
Uh, yeah! We were being clever!

Yeah...that's it...

LOL

I just got my order in, and I am not even a big Iron Man fan! I think this statue looks amazing!

Bring on the Spider-man statue!

I'm getting it... although I like the originality of the pose for a comic statue, my complaint is that he does look like he is in a roller derby or as someone said, a linebacker. If the blue light was more prominent, then it would have really highlighted the statue. Dave's idea of the blue light for the exclusive would have been preferable over the change-o-head.

I'd have loved for a light version too - but I'm sure it would have added $100-150 to the cost. So I'm happy to have him so cheaply.

(and I remember the time when I didn't buy a LotR Balrog - $300 for a collectible? You're crazy!)

I like it BUT the more I look at it, the more it does not seem like Iron Man.

It really looks like a futuristic football player or something....

Bowen's looks better IMO:
ironman_classic_big.jpg

This piece is amazing. I was not sure why they named it a comiqutte from the start and was a little afraid of what it was going to be. But to me it looks like a diorama.

Back