IRON MAN PROCESSING

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agent0028 said:
I can't wait to get this, I'm almost positive he should fit on the shelf, so here's to hoping! I hope it doesn't take too long to process them, the edition sizes aren't too big, but I'm probably very close to the end of the line being a waitlist conversion for the regular edition.

Maybe this will be one of the (rare) times when the waitlisters get theirs before the early orders. Good luck to you!

Seeing it in person at SDCC, the pain job looks amazing, and the whole thing is bigger than I imagined. Of course, the angle that I think looks best to display it from also requires the deepest shelf space. If the shelf isn't big enough, you will have to turn it sideways. But I think it will look impressive from any angle.

Maybe when the movie comes out, Sideshow will offer all of the exclusive owners a new alternate head sculpt based on the likeness of whoever they cast to play the part...

RoboDad said:
Of course (you know I have to say this, right ;)), you could always sell your gray hulk to pay for some of the other figures. I've heard they are going for at least $50 on eBay. :D

Make it $60 and you've got a deal!!!

tomandshell said:
If only I had gone to medical school I could take care of this stuff myself...

you mean if only your WIFE went to med school....if you did you wouldn't have time to get the preorders on Fridays....or enjoy your collection. :)

I got my processing notice as well, for the regular off the waitlist.

Now... Where to display each the comiquettes when they arrive? I seriously need to get a couple more Billy's or a couple of Detolf shelves.

Sorry to hear you had to cancel some cool stuff, Tom. I hope everything works out! I wish you and your family nothing but the best. :monkey1

tomandshell said:
Maybe this will be one of the (rare) times when the waitlisters get theirs before the early orders. Good luck to you!
Well maybe if you hadn't canceled that would be the case...:lol

tomandshell said:
Seeing it in person at SDCC, the pain job looks amazing, and the whole thing is bigger than I imagined. Of course, the angle that I think looks best to display it from also requires the deepest shelf space.
Grr, bad news. I was (am) hoping to display him so that his face is what's straight ahead. What an awkward way to put it, but my head hurts too much to try to make sense. Anyways, I'll play around with the position and see what I can work out. I do have space (and will require soon anyways) an extra bookshelf so maybe I can find a deep one. Ah well, I guess I'll know in the next two weeks.

Agent0028 said:
Grr, bad news. I was (am) hoping to display him so that his face is what's straight ahead. What an awkward way to put it, but my head hurts too much to try to make sense. Anyways, I'll play around with the position and see what I can work out. I do have space (and will require soon anyways) an extra bookshelf so maybe I can find a deep one. Ah well, I guess I'll know in the next two weeks.

Actually, if you want his face straight ahead then you might be able to work it out--his head/torso is turned a bit to the side, angled to his right.

7155_press01-001.jpg

I don't know Tom I think I would of cancelled the 12ins before any of the others. Actually thats what I think I'm going to do keep a few that I really like (Hellboy and one or two SW/LOTR) and just keep to the bigger stuff.

Viking28 said:
I don't know Tom I think I would of cancelled the 12ins before any of the others. Actually thats what I think I'm going to do keep a few that I really like (Hellboy and one or two SW/LOTR) and just keep to the bigger stuff.

I really want to be a completist with the Star Wars PF and 12" figures. That means I will have to miss out on some other things to make it happen. I really love the look of the Old West Ghost Rider statue, for example, but I have to keep my money (and display space) focused on the Star Wars line and I can't make too many exceptions (aside from the Marvel VS. dioramas). Even if money wasn't an issue (and it is), I have a limited amount of space, and I can't keep buying the larger items without a place to put them. I have been forced to choose between Star Wars and Marvel, and I just like Star Wars more. The next decision will be between Star Wars and Lord of the Rings, and that will be a REALLY hard choice...

The important thing right now is to have around $1500 saved up by next February, so I don't have to cancel any of the Jabba stuff, the Yoda bust, or the Boba Fett PF. That's about $250 a month between now and then, and so I think I am going to have to resort to eBay pretty soon and slim down the collection a bit more.

But for those of you about to get Iron Man, I salute you! He is awesome and will very likely be tough to find and quite valuable by the time the movie is released. (And that metallic paint job gives me a lot of hope about the eventual release of the droids in the Star Wars PF line.)

tomandshell said:
Actually, if you want his face straight ahead then you might be able to work it out--his head/torso is turned a bit to the side, angled to his right.
That's my hope. I've studied the pics from SDCC (Dusty was kind enough to get apic of the base with the webcam for me :cool:) and the ones on the site. But until it's in hand we'll just have to see.

On the other hand, I might get it and prefer it from the angle you were talking about that would need alot of depth. :lol

Thanks for the pic by the way.

tomandshell said:
The important thing right now is to have around $1500 saved up by next February, so I don't have to cancel any of the Jabba stuff, the Yoda bust, or the Boba Fett PF.
Hey Tom....not to burst your bubble...but the Yoda bust is supposed to ship in 4th Quarter....:eek:

Damnation, that's the same thing that happened when Colin Powell told Donald Rumsfeld that Iraq wouldn't surrender.

Just a note: anyone who's having trouble with the Iron Man, Spider-Man, and Wolverine shipping all in the same month, give Customer Service a call. They can help set up some Flex Pay schedules to help you work around any financial difficulties of paying for all 3 at once so you won't miss out :duff

tomandshell said:

Not trying to sound rude to SS, but when as anything big (PF or Bust) shipped on time. I think you'll be fine, at least I hope it doesn't show til '07.

Darth Loki said:
Not trying to sound rude to SS, but when as anything big (PF or Bust) shipped on time. I think you'll be fine, at least I hope it doesn't show til '07.
True, but I really really hope it ships before Christmas since that is the time I get to showcase my stuff to the family. Which then allows me to talk them into continuing to support my habit by giving me money instead of gifts. Is that shallow?

Agent0028 said:
True, but I really really hope it ships before Christmas since that is the time I get to showcase my stuff to the family. Which then allows me to talk them into continuing to support my habit by giving me money instead of gifts. Is that shallow?

Which reminds me--now that Sideshow has worked out the gift card functionality via the website and tested it successfully at SDCC, how long until I can tell my family to buy me a Sideshow gift card for Christmas or my birthday? Selling these things on the web site for gift purposes had better be in the works well before the holiday season strikes...

tomandshell said:
Which reminds me--now that Sideshow has worked out the gift card functionality via the website and tested it successfully at SDCC, how long until I can tell my family to buy me a Sideshow gift card for Christmas or my birthday? Selling these things on the web site for gift purposes had better be in the works well before the holiday season strikes...
Oh my God, I can't believe I never thought of that. That is the single greatest idea I ever heard.

Last year after I pestered my mom into revealing to me whether she scored a PF Luke on second chance for Xmas she said she'll never buy me sideshow for xmas again because I freak out if I don't know for sure I've got it coming. What a great solution. Gimme that and gas cards and it'll be the BEST christmas EVER!

Agent0028 said:
Oh my God, I can't believe I never thought of that. That is the single greatest idea I ever heard.

Last year after I pestered my mom into revealing to me whether she scored a PF Luke on second chance for Xmas she said she'll never buy me sideshow for xmas again because I freak out if I don't know for sure I've got it coming. What a great solution. Gimme that and gas cards and it'll be the BEST christmas EVER!

Dusty, are you hearing this? My idea is popular!! Tell me that these things will be for sale soon, so I can send my family to your site with their credit cards ready, instead of mine for a change...

In that case the gift card would need to be good for pre-order stuff though. I can't recall the last time I bought something that was in stock.

Back