Iron Man Mark XLII Life Size Bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
maybe August of 2015.

He looks killer, but there is no way I will pay that kind of money until I see in hand pics and reviews.

So tempted... Might exchange my Mark III bd for this one...

Don't do it, the quality on these has dropped with every release. Theres no way in hell Sideshow will get the final product paint to look anywhere close to those preview pics. The original is also designed by Stan himself which makes it a million times better than any Iron Man that will ever come again on screen imo.

Never seem a more cynical thread in this forum. It's like everyone here is convinced this bust is gonna come out looking like crap. The worst part, is that I know you guys are probably right. Our faith in sideshow's quality has reach an all time low. :ohbfrank:

Nice video but Stan actually said 'I don't do anything'.

Yea I guess I should have worded what I said better as what I really ment was he was alive at the time and it was his studio, but cmon, we all know that's not actually the case. Stan's presence alone is special enough and he's the one that built that studio and employs those talented artists. He's there at the head of the table when everyones looking at and choosing the designs. I will always think of the first movie's suits as one of Stan's babies. The 3rd flick? Not so much.

Never seem a more cynical thread in this forum. It's like everyone here is convinced this bust is gonna come out looking like crap. The worst part, is that I know you guys are probably right. Our faith in sideshow's quality has reach an all time low. :ohbfrank:

The proto pic of the bust looks like large parts of machined aluminum (the darker gold parts of the chest, shoulders and rear flaps specifically) which looks absolutely amazing, but I don't believe their "high gloss paint application" will come close to matching that in production. I'm guessing it will look really shiny/wet like the LSF instead.

Would love to be wrong about that, but considering what we've seen from their latest bust release which was delayed give or take a year it's hard to be positive.

Yea I guess I should have worded what I said better as what I really ment was he was alive at the time and it was his studio, but cmon, we all know that's not actually the case. Stan's presence alone is special enough and he's the one that built that studio and employs those talented artists. He's there at the head of the table when everyones looking at and choosing the designs. I will always think of the first movie's suits as one of Stan's babies. The 3rd flick? Not so much.
Stan is a Legend. Obviously he moved to a more supervisory role but totally agree.

let Averone be the guinea pig on this one........unless they actually put an ES on this?? Otherwise, defn waiting for in hand pics.

Are you reading this, SIDESHOW??????????????????

I want to buy this but the price and the size might be the key factor of me not deciding to buy it, but this bust looks really great I might buy it. Regarding how well this will turn out when they are release to customers is still questionable. How's the general feedback of the Life Size Bust in the past such as Iron Man mark 3 or Mark 3 Battle Damage or War Machine? If those were good, I think this one will be great too.(Hopefully)

Back