Iron Man Mark III 1:1 Bust Clean or Battle Damaged

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2cwqsgl.jpg
npm7h5.jpg

Well my Iron Man Mark III 1:1 Bust's base started cracking so I contacted the AD I bought it from (RE who totally rocks BTW)and got 2 options to replace it with. A Battle Damaged version at no additional charge. They would pay for shipping both ways or another clean version which I was told SSC Sideshow is having more of these busts produced so they can swap out all of the damaged ones. They are in the process of being produced now and Sideshow expects them in stock in about 6 weeks. I really liked my clean version but I'm undecided.

If you really want the Clean look, I say let SSC switch the base for you. In the long run you will be happier because you are not settling for second best

Heyi had a question how come they say the battle damaged one is for pre-order on some sites like Secret compass to be released in march 2011 but i see people on the forums like greatwall that already have em are they a different version:S?

No. It's the same version. The BD Busts are an open edition, meaning that they will keep making them. They arrive in batches, hence the shipping date. I have noticed that there are minor paint differences, probably due to a factory change or something.

So, i got my battle damaged bust which i love but i wish it had a bit more shine to it. the red paint is better than the gold but still, i wish it had more of a car like sheen to it. someone mentioned polishing but can anyone point me to a thread that shows how to do this? i would love to do it but i obviously don't want to ruin it! thanks...

I don't know if you have access to MeGuires products but their polishes and their scratch x stuff is great. I have buffed my battle damaged bust - except for the damage - out to shine and it adds heaps of depth to the bust.
I love the scene from the movie where Iron Man is fighting the tanks and the suit is battle damaged. It sums up Iron Man for me.

I got mine here:

https://www.alteregocomics.com/store/catalog/Iron_Man_Battle_Damaged_Life_Size_Bust-p-6195.html

Only thing is it will take a while unless sideshow still has more from their current batch. Prob anywhere from a 2-4 month wait.

So, thanks for the suggestion on the MeGuires stuff but I was kinda hoping for a bit more detail on what to do. Never really dealt with polish...is there any chance the paint will rub off while polishing? what material should I use to polish with? I just want as much info as possible before I attempt this so I don't do something I regret. Thanks!

I got mine here:

https://www.alteregocomics.com/store/catalog/Iron_Man_Battle_Damaged_Life_Size_Bust-p-6195.html

Only thing is it will take a while unless sideshow still has more from their current batch. Prob anywhere from a 2-4 month wait.

So, thanks for the suggestion on the MeGuires stuff but I was kinda hoping for a bit more detail on what to do. Never really dealt with polish...is there any chance the paint will rub off while polishing? what material should I use to polish with? I just want as much info as possible before I attempt this so I don't do something I regret. Thanks!

Yes, some paint may come off as you polish it. My personal advice is not to do it.

The paint is really not that thick, neither is it evenly distributed.

It actually looks great as it is. :hi5:

Back