Prop Iron Man Comic-Con Helmet Replica Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I saw the Predator masks, I was like cool, they are $84 and 500 ES. FIgured that would be cool for the Iron Man.

NOT.

SS almost doubles the price and almost triples the ES.

Not sure why SS needs to charge so much, except they think they can get it.

That price is a freaking JOKE! $150+ for what's basically three paint variants of the SAME helmet, and they're not even in 1:2 scale?!

these things are 1/4 scale

Somebody needs to let Sideshow know then because according to the product page:

Crafted in 1:3 scale and including Mark V, Mark VI, and War Machine with LED light-up features, each helmet set

If that's a typo, then that's a pretty big oversight!!

whatever scale these are, they're not worth $150

I think thats up to the person honestly. They're worth it to me but I can understand not to you or others. Just like some people would look at paying $500 as not worth it.

whatever scale these are, they're not worth $150

:lol

It's hard to justify the price tag on this set imo. The Mark V looks horrid, and the WM is awful as well. Considering the Mark V is my favorite IM armor that alone kills this set for me. On top of that I think the stands/bases for these are boring and lazy.

I've bought just about all the recent HT IM figures and SSC IM statues that I can get my hands on and afford b/c I'm a huge IM film fan, but I can't talk myself into seeing something in this set that simply isn't there.

It doesn't help that the HT busts are more accurate depictions of the armors with better stand/bases and are competitively priced.

Kudos to those who green light this set. Hope you enjoy them. :peace

The Mark V Helm looks exactly like whats on the Mark V bust. Markings and all. The War Machine Helm is the same as whats on the maquette so that one looks good as well. The HT busts which I love and wouldn't knock for nothing are as accurate as these.

I don't feel like I'm talking myself into anything. :dunno These look great and each helm is only $5 more than the last time they did an Iron Man helm as a Comic-Con Ex. That one didn't light up by the way. I would also say based at looking at the huge press images these will be made of polystone which will be quite nice looking. Also the helms will actually be just a bit larger based on the specs to whats on the HT busts.

As far as the bases. How are these anymore exciting than these? They're both mechanical looking which fits the subject matter. :dunno Actually, these three together only cost $50 each. Plus the set is cheaper than getting all the Hot Toys versions by $75.

Me personally I can't wait to have all 6 in the collection its gonna be pretty damn awesome. :rock

I guess what it boils down to is to each his own. I'm not trying to come off argumentative just explaining why I'm really digging these. :duff

If these are actually 1:3 scale I will definitely buy now as those helmets would be enormous. If they are 1:4 scale as I suspect they are then I'll happily wait for them to land on the GC list and then go grovel for GCs. :lol

Picked up my set from the con yesterday and didn't get around to opening it until today. These are solid--big, heavy, and shiney. Very impressed with them. Looks to be 1/3 scale after all. And the stand is included. Enjoy the pictures.

SSIMSDCC2011BUSTSET.jpg

SSIMSDCC2011BUSTSET4.jpg

SSIMSDCC2011BUSTSET7.jpg

SSIMSDCC2011BUSTSET9.jpg

SSIMSDCC2011BUSTSET10.jpg

SSIMSDCC2011BUSTSET11.jpg

SSIMSDCC2011BUSTSET12.jpg

SSIMSDCC2011BUSTSET13.jpg

SSIMSDCC2011BUSTSET14.jpg

SSIMSDCC2011BUSTSET15.jpg

Great pics turtle. My fave part of this set is actually the part nobody will ever see -> the bottom of the base :monkey1 I really like the way you chose to display these in your collection, very classy :rock

I dislike the way the Mark V was done which killed this set as a purchase for me personally, but the others came out pretty nice. Congrats on your set :clap

Back