Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Mark IV Limited Edition Collectible Figurine (Secret Project)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Debating if I should pick this one up. I'm currently in the market or a DX07 Luke. But this suddenly popped up at a similar price. I am an IM fan and have have marks 1-7. Those of you that have it, is it a must have? Those high res pics look sweet.

Debating if I should pick this one up. I'm currently in the market or a DX07 Luke. But this suddenly popped up at a similar price. I am an IM fan and have have marks 1-7. Those of you that have it, is it a must have? Those high res pics look sweet.

Imho, its a great figure and I'm very happy with mine.. but only buy figures that you like, not because others tell you its fab.. which it is.
:)

I got mine and was taking him out of the box. Realized the knees are really loose. Can't stand alone and barely stands straight up with the regular stand. Any way you guys know if we can fix that? Any help would be great thaniks.

Disappointing to hear your figure has weak knees. :(

Its not a problem I have come across but hopefully someone on the forum will have a helpful suggestion

I got mine and was taking him out of the box. Realized the knees are really loose. Can't stand alone and barely stands straight up with the regular stand. Any way you guys know if we can fix that? Any help would be great thaniks.

Balrog's picture shows his figure supported by a 'crutch' stand.. does yours have a 'waist' stand and is that why it doesn't help support the weak knees on your figure?

Right now I'm using it with the "crutch stand". All my other IM figures have good knees and are able to hold their weight. With the stand it barely hold up as it's leaning on it and not really resting on it. It's a great suit and the details is awesome. Not sure if I'll end up keeping it.

Balrog's picture shows his figure supported by a 'crutch' stand.. does yours have a 'waist' stand and is that why it doesn't help support the weak knees on your figure?

Get the DX07.....you won't regret it!

Unfortunately that's been an issue with the Mark IV for some people. I know a member posted a repair tutorial way back when the figure was released but it involves opening the leg up which is risky to do.

If you do some searching, you can find the tutorial and try it out.

Or you can just stick with it and use a stand to properly hold it up.

Mine is still with gantry......compliments each colors....

eze6evu2.jpg
nemy7a9a.jpg
yremu3av.jpg

Wasn't aware. Will search for it and see what comes up. Thanks for the info.

Unfortunately that's been an issue with the Mark IV for some people. I know a member posted a repair tutorial way back when the figure was released but it involves opening the leg up which is risky to do.

If you do some searching, you can find the tutorial and try it out.

Or you can just stick with it and use a stand to properly hold it up.

Right now I'm using it with the "crutch stand". All my other IM figures have good knees and are able to hold their weight. With the stand it barely hold up as it's leaning on it and not really resting on it. It's a great suit and the details is awesome. Not sure if I'll end up keeping it.

A 'flying pose' stand (vertical) that removed the weight from its knees completely, might do the trick?

Hi guys, one trick that a toy shop owner told me to fix this issue was to apply some glue at the back of the knee joints, use the lowest grade glue, dripped some into it, and let it cool down to hardened.

Do not use super glue as the joints will be unmovable afterwards

Hi guys, one trick that a toy shop owner told me to fix this issue was to apply some glue at the back of the knee joints, use the lowest grade glue, dripped some into it, and let it cool down to hardened.

Do not use super glue as the joints will be unmovable afterwards

It's a useful tips. Thanks. But how do I know it's low grade enough not to damage the joint and render it moveless?

For the fun of it, decided to try using regular MK IV parts on this Secret Project bad boy - and he turned out looking pretty sweet!!

Behold, the MK IV prototype suit hahhaha :D

image-20.jpg

image-19.jpg

Hope u guys like this :)

For the fun of it, decided to try using regular MK IV parts on this Secret Project bad boy - and he turned out looking pretty sweet!!

image-20.jpg

That's awesome!

image-20.jpg

image-19.jpg

Gotta love the mix n match Iron Man figures :)

It's a useful tips. Thanks. But how do I know it's low grade enough not to damage the joint and render it moveless?

I think this sounds a risky procedure.. you could experiment with some cheap TRU figures first.. but its not a modification I personally, would apply to my own HT figures.. others' mileage may vary.

Back