Iron Man 2: 1/6th scale Mark IV Limited Edition Collectible Figurine (Secret Project)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I take the batteries out of all my figures. Sooner or later they all leak, and, I don't want to ruin the figures like that.
Even without batteries, they corrode: some of my older HT figures already have rusting connections in the battery compartment.

I take the batteries out of all my figures. Sooner or later they all leak, and, I don't want to ruin the figures like that.
Even without batteries, they corrode: some of my older HT figures already have rusting connections in the battery compartment.

I keep telling myself to do this, but just keep putting it off. Plus, Idk how to remove them so that's a concern, I'll probably break the damn thing trying :lol

I keep telling myself to do this, but just keep putting it off. Plus, Idk how to remove them so that's a concern, I'll probably break the damn thing trying :lol

All the covers have a small Phillips-head screw, so make sure you use a screwdriver from a jeweler's set (just a really small one). Once opened, just carefully pop them out using like a toothpick, or something else that won't scratch the figure if you slip.

But like with the P1, the battery cover just pops open, but the Mark IV's do have the Phillips screws securing them.

All the covers have a small Phillips-head screw, so make sure you use a screwdriver from a jeweler's set (just a really small one). Once opened, just carefully pop them out using like a toothpick, or something else that won't scratch the figure if you slip.

But like with the P1, the battery cover just pops open, but the Mark IV's do have the Phillips screws securing them.

Thanks for the info, this is on my 'To Do' list for the week! :lecture:goodpost:

i actually took all of mine out earlier today...I got a precision screwdriver set from Harbor Freight years ago for like 2 bucks and its perfect for these little/fragile screws...

to those who havent taken then out before, be VERY careful not to strip the head of the screw! Just to be safe, I use a flat screw driver even though the screw is phillips

to those who havent taken then out before, be VERY careful not to strip the head of the screw! Just to be safe, I use a flat screw driver even though the screw is phillips
Good advice I'll def keep that in mind. :goodpost: :hi5:
No problemo :hi5:

Just hope that's not like my to-do-list, that has slowly turned into a to-do-novella :lol
:rotfl

Just bought this especially for Hot Toys. My new best friend!

A fiver in Maplins for those of you in the UK.
IMAG0732.jpg

And all his lights worked fine. Eye batteries need some fiddling about and they brighten up.

Just curious, has anyone tried removing the neck from the head sculpt? I tried but worried it's going to break it. I don't know how sturdy the thing is lol

hey rubio, what kind did you put in when you replaced them?

I'll take some pics in a few and do a lil writeup.

Just curious, has anyone tried removing the neck from the head sculpt? I tried but worried it's going to break it. I don't know how sturdy the thing is lol

I did. The neck halves are glued, or fused. The seal broke, but when you have the head/neck mounted to a body, they snap together very well and the neck halves slip back into place very snug.

Back