Statue Iron Man 1:4 Mk III Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Try 20% Duty!
Hum... here in Canada, it's variable (by the province), but by exemple the latest Iron Studio Vader:
650$ US -> 858$ CAD (1.32% conversion fee)
Provincial & National sale tax (15%) on the converted price: 130$ CAD
New statue sale tax (6.5%) on the converted price: 55$ CAD
Shipping: 65$ US -> 86$ CAD
DHL shipping fees: 15$ CAD
Total for a 650$ US statue -> 1144$ CAD

So... for this Iron Man next year:
the 700$ US -> 1200 $ CAD... :slap :gah:

Hum... here in Canada, it's variable (by the province), but by exemple the latest Iron Studio Vader:
650$ US -> 858$ CAD (1.32% conversion fee)
Provincial & National sale tax (15%) on the converted price: 130$ CAD
New statue sale tax (6.5%) on the converted price: 55$ CAD
Shipping: 65$ US -> 86$ CAD
DHL shipping fees: 15$ CAD
Total for a 650$ US statue -> 1144$ CAD

So... for this Iron Man next year:
the 700$ US -> 1200 $ CAD... :slap :gah:

Wow, 15% national tax + 6.5% sales tax?? I fear the US will ultimately go this route too :(

Wow, 15% national tax + 6.5% sales tax?? I fear the US will ultimately go this route too :(
Yup... some Lucky province only have 5% provincial tax, but most province in here are between 13-15%.

And now since January, the Canadian Border Agency added a new 6.5% on top of every statue... doesn't make any sense... A guy on another board made it possible to get refunded as he argued a lot with CSBA, but it's a real pain to do....

I'll be buying the regular locally from my 'local' store for about $810 AUD shipped which is about $624 USD.

But if I were to order direct from Sideshow it'll cost me anywhere from $200 to 300 USD more.

These taxes and duties you guys pay are robbery. What exactly are they doing with the money? Hopefully you’re getting amazing government services for all these taxes.

These taxes and duties you guys pay are robbery. What exactly are they doing with the money? Hopefully you’re getting amazing government services for all these taxes.

It all depends on who you ask.

But most former British Colonies under a Westminster system such as Australia have free universal healthcare, reasonable education costs and relatively high levels of what in the US is called social security (over 1/3 of the budget).

I'll be buying the regular locally from my 'local' store for about $810 AUD shipped which is about $624 USD.

But if I were to order direct from Sideshow it'll cost me anywhere from $200 to 300 USD more.

Local price is pretty good.

Yikes ...those taxes are a buzzkill ...and I would probably buy locally too if I was in that situation.

My Wait list for the EX is converting :yess:

You can thank me for cancelling ;) I cancelled last week. I really like the piece but the more I had time to think about it the more I realized it would be a bit out of place with current asethetics i'm going for with my statues which is more comic based vs movie. Enjoy.

if it converts too early, you can cancel and then re-join the waitlist.

Has it ever happened where someone gets a conversion, cancels and rejoins, but doesn't end up making the cut? I guess it's rare unless it's a low edition size item like Thanos where a lot of people on the waitlist got cancellations due to that low ES.

The EX for this guy wasn't a must-have for me, seems weird too that it is a separate piece with it's own base, so I was considering waiting for a free shipping offer on the regular.

This is the $$ shot for me
marvel-iron-man-mark-3-maquette-sideshow-300172-11.jpg

I love everything about this piece. I have no idea why I haven't POd. I have the busts that would look awesome with this.

When is this shipping? I'd like to wait for in-hand pics first, like many are saying. The paint apps worry me.

Back