Statue Iron Man 1:4 Mk III Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, that's a must buy. Will PO. I just hope the paint comes looking like the prototype. Sideshow always disappoints in that area.

Am I the only one worried for the depth of this???? Says 16" and my Besta setup is only 15¾" and no way I want to turn this masterpiece on the side!!!

They finally nailed the dark red colour, however the damaged areas look like decals and not that impressive IMO

They finally nailed the dark red colour, however the damaged areas look like decals and not that impressive IMO

I could be wrong but these don't look like decals to me:

300172_press17.jpg

300172_press15.jpg

Price is predictably dumb but I will probably dump my points to partially pay for the exclusive. Mk3 is my preferred suit and the pose on this is good. Passed on hulkbuster for this because way more iconic. Ridiculous that we are now paying extra for exclusives.

I didn't mean they definitely are decals, just that they look like they are as they stick out compared to the excellent weathering on the legs. Am sure will look good overall but not so much close up

TEXT FROM SIDESHOW PAGE

Suit Up Your Collection with the Iron Man Mark III Maquette

Iron Man Mark III Maquette

“Iron Man. That’s kind of catchy. I mean it’s not technically accurate, but it’s kind of provocative.”
Sideshow and Legacy Effects are proud to present the Iron Man Mark III Maquette as a new addition to your hall of armors.

The Iron Man Mark III Maquette stands 22.5” tall, with intricate design based on Tony Stark’s third suit of armor from the first Iron Man film. The Mark III was the first suit to feature Iron Man’s iconic red and gold armor plating, and the suit is detailed with weathering effects from battle.

Destroyed remnants of the malicious Iron Monger litter the rubble base where Iron Man stands triumphant after the skirmish. The Mark III suit has light-up features in the arc reactor, eyes, and hand repulsors. The arc reactor in Iron Monger’s chest also has a flickering effect. The Maquette will have both an AC adapter and battery options as power sources.

The Exclusive Edition of the Iron Man Mark III Maquette includes an Iron Monger helmet accessory on a proximity base that can be displayed alongside Iron Man or separately.

Upgrade your arsenal and add the Iron Man Mark III Maquette to your Marvel collection today!
Pre-Orders for the Iron Man Mark III Maquette will begin on Thursday, October 12th between 12pm-3pm PT. The Exclusive Edition will be priced at $700.00 and the Collector Edition will be priced at $685.00.

Not surprised on price but I was hoping for less. I don't trust their production history on IM. I'll see if I can pick one up down the track less than retail and repaint myself if I have to. I'm not paying over $1k for this.

Congrats to everyone getting him, the proto looks awesome.

Plenty of statues can be picked up below retail if you look hard enough these days. They don't hold their value anymore. There are exceptions of course. I'll risk it.

Plenty of statues can be picked up below retail if you look hard enough these days. They don't hold their value anymore. There are exceptions of course. I'll risk it.

Yeah, I just have never seen the price go down on a statue. I would like to pick up Sideshow's MKVI but the price is usually $1,200 and above, for example.

Yeah, I just have never seen the price go down on a statue. I would like to pick up Sideshow's MKVI but the price is usually $1,200 and above, for example.

On the Mark 6 yes you're correct.

But since then have any other statues from Sideshow for the Iron Man family actually kept their value?

Wouldn't it be more expensive afterwards? How could you get it for less than retail?

I'm guessing the assumption here is that 'recent' history may repeat itself and the piece has a 'disappointing' paint application on the Iron Man production piece.

Back